Munster Senior Football final July 04 2010 - Kerry V Limerick.

Started by comethekingdom, June 27, 2010, 05:38:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AZOffaly

INDIANA

Quote from: AZOffaly on July 05, 2010, 02:22:52 PM
My mistake Zulu. This is from an interview he did in Limerick...

Ian Sherwin, Shannon RFC Assistant Coach
I owe a lot to a lot of people at Shannon. Everyone who knows me knows that I don't have too much of a rugby background. From that point of view, Ian Sherwin's coaching and advice has been terrific. He's extremely knowledgeable and has vast experience in the game - I've learned a lot just by listening to what he tells me. But Shannon is full of guys you can't help but enjoy being around. Andrew Thompson, David Quinlan; they're all great lads and excellent rugby players. The craic is fairly good too. We're having a good season - we've already won the Munster Senior Cup and we're in with a shout in the League and the AIL Cup. We're hopeful that the next few months will be good ones.

So he's obviously a convert to Rugby recently enough.
Nah. He played it before just only at junior level. Gaelic Football was his chosen sport. When Kearns went he took up rugby seriously. Played Munster A about 4/5 times. So he's a very good rugby player considering he's had little time relatively playing at it.
Heart goes out to Limerick. If they were in Leinster they'd have at least one leinster anyway. No justice in the world sometimes. One wonders will the resident Kerry Mafia here be defending O Se. Until yesterday probably my favourite player. But went way down in my estimation after that. No excuse for it. None.

Zapatista

If Louth are awarded a replay will Limerick look for one due to the ref not sending T O'Se of during the game?

blanketattack

Quote from: Zapatista on July 12, 2010, 10:09:37 AM
If Louth are awarded a replay will Limerick look for one due to the ref not sending T O'Se of during the game?

In '02 when Galvin was sent off against Armagh, Kerry were 3 points up but went on to win by 8.
1988 McEntee was sent off after 6 minutes and Meath still won and in 1990 Colm O'Neill was sent off after 35 minutes and Cork still won.
Therefore sending offs don't necessarily mean a win for the team with 15 men.

Zapatista

Quote from: blanketattack on July 12, 2010, 10:31:08 AM

In '02 when Galvin was sent off against Armagh, Kerry were 3 points up but went on to win by 8.
1988 McEntee was sent off after 6 minutes and Meath still won and in 1990 Colm O'Neill was sent off after 35 minutes and Cork still won.

A replay doesn't mean Louth will win ::)

There are probably countless examples of where a sending off has the opposite affect.

Bogball XV

Mickey Harte pointed out that in his opinion the kerry boys committed a technical foul that should have seen a penalty awarded at the end of this game.  He said that for the limerick 14yd free, several Kerry men rushed off the line, thereby not being the required distance back when the ball was kicked.  As this was a technical foul and they were in the 6yd box, it should have seen a penalty awarded. 
Maybe we could get a replay here too, on the basis that they'd definitely have scored the penalty and didn't due to a refereeing error?

blanketattack

Quote from: Bogball XV on July 12, 2010, 01:44:53 PM
Mickey Harte pointed out that in his opinion the kerry boys committed a technical foul that should have seen a penalty awarded at the end of this game.  He said that for the limerick 14yd free, several Kerry men rushed off the line, thereby not being the required distance back when the ball was kicked.  As this was a technical foul and they were in the 6yd box, it should have seen a penalty awarded. 
Maybe we could get a replay here too, on the basis that they'd definitely have scored the penalty and didn't due to a refereeing error?

Did he also mention that it wasn't a free in the first place as David Moran lost the ball as a result of being tackled and he didn't actually throw the ball which is what the referee indicated?

blanketattack

Quote from: Zapatista on July 12, 2010, 10:54:19 AM
Quote from: blanketattack on July 12, 2010, 10:31:08 AM

A replay doesn't mean Louth will win ::)

There are probably countless examples of where a sending off has the opposite affect.

Thus if Tomás Ó Sé had been sent off, Kerry might have won by a larger margin, the same margin, a smaller margin, or might have drawn or lost the game i.e. the effect of the sending off is unknown. Contrast that to Meath's goal, which if disallowed would almost certainly have meant Louth would have won the game instead of Meath.

Zapatista

Quote from: blanketattack on July 12, 2010, 02:51:29 PM
Thus if Tomás Ó Sé had been sent off, Kerry might have won by a larger margin, the same margin, a smaller margin, or might have drawn or lost the game i.e. the effect of the sending off is unknown. Contrast that to Meath's goal, which if disallowed would almost certainly have meant Louth would have won the game instead of Meath.

I thought this was about fair play?