Sigerson 2007

Started by robertemmet, February 07, 2007, 11:39:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Homer

QUB won, By 4 points or so.

socs

So the all ulster showdown still on the cards!  ;)

Skehana

Any word on other two Q-Finals?

Teeling Gael

Courtesy of oceanfm

Sligo IT 1-10 Garda College 0-09

Yet again this afternoon, Sligo IT proved themselves to be the comeback kings of 3rd level Colleges football when they turned a 5 points to 3 half time deficit into a 1-10 to 9 points victory against the Garda College at the Templemore venue.
First half points from Michael Doherty, Barry Regan and Andy Moran kept Sligo in the hunt during the first period and further scores from Doherty and Moran had them level at 6 points apiece early in the second half. When Colm Boyle struck for the games only goal midway through the second period, Doherty and Moran tagged on a further couple of points and Sligo never looked back and now go through to the Sigerson Cup weekend which this year takes place at the Queens University campus on the weekend of the 2nd and 3rd of March.

imtommygunn

QUB and UUJ win in Sigerson Cup

Queen's and UUJ both claimed quarter-final victories in the Ulster Bank Sigerson Cup on Wednesday.

Hosts Queen's claimed a 1-12 to 2-5 win over UCD at Belfield while UUJ defeated NUI Galway 2-11 to 0-9 at Mullahoran.

Queen's led 0-5 to 0-3 at half-time and while Shane Lennon struck a 41st-minute goal for UCD, Ciaran O'Reilly's goal effectively ended the contest.

Patrick Cunningham and Raymond Mulgrew hit goals as UUJ led 2-4 to 0-6 at the break and they held on to win easily.

Ciaran O'Reilly (two), Paul Courtney, Gavin Donaghy and man-of-the-match Charlie Vernon hit Queen's first-half points at UCD's home venue.

Queen's extended their lead to 0-8 to 0-3 but Lennon's goal cut the northerners' lead to two points.

However, Fermanagh star O'Reilly hit the net without four minutes after great work by Vernon to put Queen's back in firm control.

Brian Mullin scored a 57th-minute goal for the home side but Queen's had already done enough.

At Mullahoran, UUJ did the hard work in the first half by forging a 2-4 to 0-6 lead despite playing against the wind.

Cunningham hit his goal after a flick-on by John Boyle while Mulgrew struck a superb second three-pointer after waltzing through the Galway defence.

Johnny Bradley, Ruairi Murray and Michael Herron were also on target in the first half while the second-half scorers included Murray and Cunningham.

Skehana

Anyone got the result from the Maynooth V UCC game? What are the Semi-Final pairings now? Queens V Sligo IT,Jordanstown V NUIM/UCC??

Bensars

ucc must have won .

uuj v ucc semi

chuck hughes

NUI Maynooth 0-10 2-15 Cork IT
Semi final fixtures are. QUB V CIT and Sligo IT V UUJ

johnjoe

Whats the semi-final and outright betting now?

Makes for a class weekend, with the possibility of a two Belfast teams in the final.

Looks wide open though, and to me any one of the four could win it. Most open final weekend in years.

What are the venues and times for the semi`s. Are they fixed yet?

Malone Aristocrat

Its poly Vs Sligo in one semi and QUB Vs Cork in the other.

A nervy enough win for the queens men yesterday after being 8 points up with only ten minutes left. superb games from Gerard O'Kane, Hugh Gallagher and Gavin Donaghy with good contributions from miceal o'rourke, paul courtney, charlie vernon and ciaran o'reilly.

Queens played some super stuff at times but their defence looked vulnerable at times and ucd almost caught them out near the end thanks in the main to some grobellaar moments.

Craigyhill Terror

Both semis are at the Dub. The first one is at 1.30pm on the main football pitch, the second one is at 3pm on the hurling pitch. Not sure which match is first.

David McKeown

The queens match is on first I have been told
2022 Allianz League Prediction Competition Winner

Tony Fearon

Is the Sigerson Final at the Dub?

I would have though Casement would have been a better option?

Spiritof98

Not sure, I mind it at Corrigan Park the last time it was in Belfast! The Macrory semi is before it so I'd say it would be Casement
I'll go back if Marsdens back

nrico2006

Can anyone name the queens team and scorers?
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'