Sigerson 2007

Started by robertemmet, February 07, 2007, 11:39:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Goats Do Shave

It was confidently argued on this board a few weeks back by some of our fine Tyrone contributers, that these guys Sigerson places would not be in jeopardy.  ::)

Was there any scholarships handed out to these fellas? Are there no conditions to the scholarships? Maybe there will be in the future?

never kickt a ball

Quote from: Goats Do Shave on February 15, 2007, 05:13:29 PM
It was confidently argued on this board a few weeks back by some of our fine Tyrone contributers, that these guys Sigerson places would not be in jeopardy.  ::)
Was there any scholarships handed out to these fellas? Are there no conditions to the scholarships? Maybe there will be in the future?

I know what you are saying Goats but some of these players may have gone to university and not joined the gaelic team nor have any intention of playing for them. Say for example they want to avoid burnout. Then they get a call up from their county and in addition to that appear on the College team sheet (a team they have never played for nor have any intention of playing for). Then the fun begins. I'm sure it was not unheard of before the Colleges entered the MCK Cup that some players went to College and never played for their College team.     

realredhandfan

Was there any scholarships handed out to these fellas? Are there no conditions to the scholarships? Maybe there will be in the future?
if the answer to the first question is no do we still have to answer the other 2 questions?  and is the third question really a question?  If you are a student that level of grammatical error is shocking.

Goats Do Shave

I see where you are coming from NKAB, but I'm just retaliating to a few posts that were made a few weeks back. I thought they were wrong at the time, but I bit my tongue!

'Real'redhandfan, I'm sure you got the point from my train of thought. I haven't been a student in 4 years or so, & even when I was; I wasn't an English student.

However, even with my apparent ignorance of the English language, the 'level of grammatical error' in my previous post is far from shocking. If I had put the questions in a different order I could understand your concerns.

The third question was rhetorical, open for discussion, but you are obviously not able to answer my first two queries, & so revert to doing what you do best criticise others who try to debate.

It is better to stay quiet & let us think you are a fool, rather than to post some nonsense & remove all doubt! (Excuse my adaptation of the famous quote!)

p.s Capital letters at the start of a new sentence!  ;)

corn02

A UUJ v Queens final would be brilliant.

Hope it transpires.

realredhandfan

Your post was total bullshit GDS, you are trying to attack lads financial status/awards yet youu have no connection with the universities, What business is it of yours may I ask if the lads have bursaries?  I quiote obviously tried to discredit your post so that it would not be taken seriously, without discrediting you too much, now you deserve it.... Why if you have no connection with the universities would you want to see Cavanagh, Boggs, Mc carron and Mc Caul down money by flagging this up.  You sound and act like a scorned woman sir.  Im defending the lads against malicious bullshitters like yourself - they dont need this scrutiny nor deserve it, only students ffs, good luck to them if they get anything which I doubt. Please excuse my adaption of a famous old saying "Its better to go away son, and count your own pennies rather than counting the pennies of others and making yourself miserable.   Tosser!

DJGaliv

Quote from: realredhandfan on February 15, 2007, 03:49:18 PM
Would UUJ and Queens now have the mantles of favourites for the tournament? this could be worth going to Belfast for the weekend for.. What exact weekend is it on at.

I hope they enjoyed having that mantle of favourites for all of a day. GMIT just knocked UUJ out.

QuoteGMIT dump out UUJ
17 February 2007


Eoin Concannon was the hero for Galway-Mayo IT as his side recorded a 3-12 to 2-13 Sigerson Cup win over UUJ at Garrison county Fermanagh.

Concannon scored a dramatic late goal to upset the vaunted visitors in a real thrilling encounter.

GMIT raced into an early lead with 1-2 from the boot of Donegal man Brendan McGuire but UUJ steadied themselves and eased their way back into the match thanks in the main to Tyrone youngster Colm Kavanagh.

GMIT enjoyed a 2-6 to 1-7 advantage with Mayo senior Aidan Campbell's goal setting them on the frontfoot.

UUJ Came out a revitalised outfit for the second half and held a one point lead with time almost up only for Concannon to spoil the party for the Ulstermen.


darbyo

Think that was in the freshers DJ.

DJGaliv

Although it does say Sigerson Cup, I did take it from hoganstand.com so I wouldn't be surprised. If so, I apologise.

INDIANA

that was the freshers -typical hoganstand

Goats Do Shave

RRHF I'm glad there are people like you on this board to explain to 'plebs' like myself what should & should not be discussed on this discussion board!!

I couldn't care less if the lads were paid a wage to go to their respective universities! - & I'm not sure how I READ like a scorned woman for opening a debate! The point was made a few weeks back that these lads would not be dropped from their universitites team sheet. It appears they have thus far anyways!

Obviously I'd like to see the northern Universities do well in the Sigerson, they are going to do better if they have these lads to chose from!

Nice way to finish you argument by the way!

Lone Shark

Back to the subject at hand ....

2007-02-21   14:00:00   UCD   Queen's University    7/4     7/1     4/7
2007-02-21   14:00:00   NUI Maynooth   Cork IT    6/5     7/1     5/6
2007-02-21   14:00:00   Garda College   IT Sligo   11/4     9/1     1/3
2007-02-21   14:00:00   NUI Galway   UUJ    2/1     7/1     1/2

Just going up now on Ladbrokes - if anyone wants to have a few bob on for themselves and then point out where I'm going so badly wrong, feel free....  :)

full back

What date is the Sigerson weekend?
Is the semi-finals set for the Friday & the final for Saturday?

realredhandfan

GDS - took you up a little hot and heavy there.  Apols for the Tosser comment.

Homer

Quote from: full back on February 19, 2007, 02:57:45 PM
What date is the Sigerson weekend?
Is the semi-finals set for the Friday & the final for Saturday?

Its Friday 2nd (semis) & Saturday 3rd March (final).

http://www.sigerson2007.com/fixtures.htm