Favorite pitch Invasion

Started by mylestheslasher, February 09, 2010, 10:41:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

T Fearon

Of course nothing will surpass a certain Sunday in September 2002, when Armagh fans defied the law of the land in Croke Park.

But I also recall a pitch invasion in Breffni in 1984, just after Armagh scored a late goal against Monaghan to secure a place, against the odds, in the Ulster Final. It shouldn't have happened, the game wasn't even over, but it more or less epitomised a very sweet victory indeed, and I recall big Colm Mc Kinstry trying to get the Armagh fans off the field. It was the dying kick of a great Armagh team containing the likes of Paddy Moriarity and Mc Kinstry himself.

Estimator

After the County Minor final between Screen and Bellaghy in '05 a fellow board member slightly worse for wear joined in the pitch invasion, as he started making his way towards the celebrations he (unintentionally) knocked over a young child, as he stumbled onwards to the Screen faithful someone roared after him saying I know who you are and called him by his brothers name!
Ulster League Champions 2009

cadhlancian

Quote from: T Fearon on February 10, 2010, 02:25:38 PM
Of course nothing will surpass a certain Sunday in September 2002, when Armagh fans defied the law of the land in Croke Park.

But I also recall a pitch invasion in Breffni in 1984, just after Armagh scored a late goal against Monaghan to secure a place, against the odds, in the Ulster Final. It shouldn't have happened, the game wasn't even over, but it more or less epitomised a very sweet victory indeed, and I recall big Colm Mc Kinstry trying to get the Armagh fans off the field. It was the dying kick of a great Armagh team containing the likes of Paddy Moriarity and Mc Kinstry himself.
READ THE POST PLEASE

T Fearon

I have and responded with my favourite pitch invasions

the colonel

He didnt mention Spurs or Strachan so I'll let Tony off with that
the difference between success and failure is energy

GalwayBayBoy

Quote from: HowAreYeGettinOn on February 10, 2010, 11:39:12 AM
Quote from: ballinaman on February 10, 2010, 09:57:22 AM
The little dog during the 2004 second international rules test...got stuck into the action too!! :D

Anyone remember a league match between Armagh and Galway in Armagh when Peter Forde was in charge of Galway? It was live on TG4.

There was a little black dog who was chasing the ball for the entire first half and most of the second half. I couldn't tell you who won the match, I was too busy laughing at the dog! Someone took him off the field with 10 minutes to go... Canine legend!

I was at that game. That dog must have spent about 30 minutes chasing the ball up and down the field like a lunatic. He even got a few good touches in. Took ages before someone got hold of him.

D4S

Quote from: WeeDonns on February 10, 2010, 09:09:12 AM
The strangest I've seen was at the 2005 MacRory Cup final in Casement, Omagh CBS V St.Louis' Kilkeel.

At half time we were standing on the terracing below the stand and to the right, and this spide came running down the steps beside us with nothing on but a pair of socks! He jumped the fence and ran out onto the field, throwing in a few Ray Houghton type tumbles on the way and waving to the crowd. He didn't make it as far as midfield and turned back when a not very athletic steward came running at him. The steward didn't get him and he jumped the fence and away up the steps. The strangest thing about it was that he didn't get much of a reaction from the crowd.

Ziggy: I think you need to read myles' post again

I remember this it was hilarious! But I think your wrong about it bein a wee spide...i think i remember it was a young fella from the mournes, namely Attical...anyone else clarify this :)?
The secret of success in life is for a man to be ready for his opportunity when it comes.

longrunsthefox

Quote from: T Fearon on February 10, 2010, 02:25:38 PM

Was that 2002 the time Joe Kernan and Kieran McGeeney led youse to the All Ireland title... the same men you started a thread on this week to slate them....

T Fearon

Yes. Its funny how a mere 7 or 8 years on they consider the Armagh job to be beneath them

saffron sam2

Quote from: D4S on February 10, 2010, 08:14:44 PM
The strangest I've seen was at the 2005 MacRory Cup final in Casement, Omagh CBS V St.Louis' Kilkeel.

At half time we were standing on the terracing below the stand and to the right, and this spide came running down the steps beside us with nothing on but a pair of socks! He jumped the fence and ran out onto the field, throwing in a few Ray Houghton type tumbles on the way and waving to the crowd. He didn't make it as far as midfield and turned back when a not very athletic steward came running at him. The steward didn't get him and he jumped the fence and away up the steps. The strangest thing about it was that he didn't get much of a reaction from the crowd.

I remember this it was hilarious! But I think your wrong about it bein a wee spide...i think i remember it was a young fella from the mournes, namely Attical...anyone else clarify this :)?

The guy who came running on in the white socks at Casement was definitely a smick; he is a product of ONeill's school.
the breathing of the vanished lies in acres round my feet

cadhlancian

Quote from: saffron sam2 on February 11, 2010, 08:40:51 AM
Quote from: D4S on February 10, 2010, 08:14:44 PM

The guy who came running on in the white socks at Casement was definitely a smick; he is a product of ONeill's school.
[/b]I also went to O'Neills school, wasn't me however ;D