Favorite pitch Invasion

Started by mylestheslasher, February 09, 2010, 10:41:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mylestheslasher

Haven't seen a drunken fool run onto the pitch in a long time when once it was happening every 2nd game. Was just wondering what everyones favorite was and I'm talking one or two people running on, not an invasion by the whole crowd.

Mine is from 5/6 years ago in Navan, I think it was a championship qualifier against Louth. This scrany little guy came running on at half time totally in the nip. He skipped (didn't run) up to the center of the field. Got down and did 20 press-ups and all the time the stewards are walking towards him. He then gets up and finds himself surrounded by 5 stewards. Somehow he charges through them and skips up to the fence. He takes one look at the barbed wire and thinks again so off he skips down to the corner flag where a steward is blocking an exit. But jesus he goes for it and ploughs straight through the steward and skips off in the nip into the distance. Best half time entertainment ever!

Next day on Gerry Ryan radio show they tried to find out who he was and turns out the lunatic worked in nbma in carrick on shannon and had sold lines for charity based on him doing press-ups in the nip at the match :D

boojangles

Quote from: mylestheslasher on February 09, 2010, 10:41:55 PM
Haven't seen a drunken fool run onto the pitch in a long time when once it was happening every 2nd game. Was just wondering what everyones favorite was and I'm talking one or two people running on, not an invasion by the whole crowd.

Mine is from 5/6 years ago in Navan, I think it was a championship qualifier against Louth. This scrany little guy came running on at half time totally in the nip. He skipped (didn't run) up to the center of the field. Got down and did 20 press-ups and all the time the stewards are walking towards him. He then gets up and finds himself surrounded by 5 stewards. Somehow he charges through them and skips up to the fence. He takes one look at the barbed wire and thinks again so off he skips down to the corner flag where a steward is blocking an exit. But jesus he goes for it and ploughs straight through the steward and skips off in the nip into the distance. Best half time entertainment ever!

Next day on Gerry Ryan radio show they tried to find out who he was and turns out the lunatic worked in nbma in carrick on shannon and had sold lines for charity based on him doing press-ups in the nip at the match :D

Remember that one alright Myles.Priceless.Think it was 2003.

ziggysego

Favourite Inter-County was one after the 2003 All-Ireland.

Favourite club was after the 2007 All-Ireland.
Testing Accessibility

WeeDonns

The strangest I've seen was at the 2005 MacRory Cup final in Casement, Omagh CBS V St.Louis' Kilkeel.

At half time we were standing on the terracing below the stand and to the right, and this spide came running down the steps beside us with nothing on but a pair of socks! He jumped the fence and ran out onto the field, throwing in a few Ray Houghton type tumbles on the way and waving to the crowd. He didn't make it as far as midfield and turned back when a not very athletic steward came running at him. The steward didn't get him and he jumped the fence and away up the steps. The strangest thing about it was that he didn't get much of a reaction from the crowd.

Ziggy: I think you need to read myles' post again

omagh_gael

My particular favourite was one of the Tyrone v Dublin championship games in 05 (nearly certain). It was half time and there was a ceili band in centre field doing a few reels then a streaker came darting onto the field from the canal end

He made it the whole way up to the hill 16 end before any Stewarts noticed him, they couldn't catch him and by this stage the whole crowd was roaring. He was running up the cusack side and didn't notice the Stewart sprinting across the pitch from hogan stand, eventually got flattened by this stewart and had to be carried off as he got hurt!

This was hillarious and the ceili music added a real surreal element to the whole thing!

ballinaman

The little dog during the 2004 second international rules test...got stuck into the action too!! :D

The Claw

I was in Croker a couple of years ago, I'm fairly sure it was at a Dublin game but can't be 100%.
This guy came from the hill, not sure if he was buck naked but close to it anyway.

I was sitting in the Hogan stande at the time. He came from the Hill and was sort of back pedalling towards midfield, waving his arms to the hill loving the cheers. Now the maors kinda figured he would eventually come off the field and really took it upon themselves to do anything.

Except one.

From just under the tunnel this guy took off, and I mean took off...full sprint. The guy was still waving his arms at the hill so be was oblivious to this maor coming at him. EVERYONE else in the stadium saw it, and everyone knew there was only one thing on the maor's mind.

Sure enough, full sprints, full force tackle to the kidney/ribs/back.

The crowd went absolutely nuts.

No joke the poor dude was down for about 10 minutes.

Funniest thing I have ever seen at a game.

The Claw

ah omagh gael you beat me to  it!!!
That was truly a classic!!!
You are probably right he came from the Canal end, maybe he was making his way back from the hill. But I was fairly sure it happened around midfield?

Hardy

The pair who invaded the Croke Park pitch one Saturday night and did the deed in the middle of the pitch.

Hardy

This is my favourite, though. It was the Tommy Murphy final between Carlow and Antrim a few years ago and this Carlow lad went onto the pitch. The ref saw him, immediately abandoned whatever he was doing (booking a lad, I think) and bizarrely took off after him like a greyhound coursing a hare. I never saw a referee doing that before and I don't think it's in the job description.

He caught up with him too and the lad just gave up - no tackle or anything, unfortunately.

Dougal

Quote from: hardstation on February 09, 2010, 10:53:43 PM
Down fan runs on to the pitch at Casement. Stewards go after him. He takes off and dives head first over the fence. Lands right on his face. It's a fair old drop too.

was that against cavan?we were standing beside him,he had a rugby ball with him and we robbed it,he found us playing with it after the match.he had a nasty cut on his head. ;D
Fcuk you I won't do what ya tell me!!!

HowAreYeGettinOn

Quote from: ballinaman on February 10, 2010, 09:57:22 AM
The little dog during the 2004 second international rules test...got stuck into the action too!! :D

Anyone remember a league match between Armagh and Galway in Armagh when Peter Forde was in charge of Galway? It was live on TG4.

There was a little black dog who was chasing the ball for the entire first half and most of the second half. I couldn't tell you who won the match, I was too busy laughing at the dog! Someone took him off the field with 10 minutes to go... Canine legend!

omagh_gael

Quote from: The Claw on February 10, 2010, 10:00:42 AM
ah omagh gael you beat me to  it!!!
That was truly a classic!!!
You are probably right he came from the Canal end, maybe he was making his way back from the hill. But I was fairly sure it happened around midfield?

Yeah he did come from the Canal end as we noticed him passing us in the Hogan stand...although he wasnt noticed by the maors and majority of crowd until he started dodging the maors at the hill. It still makes me laugh now thinking of that single stewart sprinting across midfield and all the crowd roaring, pantomine like, 'look out behind you!' He got a quare slap of a tackle, your man should be drafted into Kidney's squad for the game in Paris this weekend!

Also remember a fella coming onto the pitch at half time in the first night of the league, again against dublin, when the lights were turned on in 07. Near certain the saw doctors were playing in the canal/cusack corner and this lad started doing star jumps and handstands in either the nip or only a pair of boxers in the canal/hogan corner. Whatever way he was dressed he was a brave man because i was founderd and i was wrapped up in at least three or four layers. It wasnt the night to be trying to be impressing the lovely girls due to the cold induced shrinkage phenomenon!  :P

achtungantrim

i was standing on the main terrace at casement watching antrim footballers against derry in the ulster championship. it was around 8-10 years ago and was the replayed match after antrim nearly beat them the week before (remember anthony tohill's last gasp reach and save from an antrim free). there was a group of fellow antrim fans in front of us from the andytown district who were the worse for wear for drink. next thing, one of them clambers over the small fence and runs around the pitch with his socks and a pair of y-fronts on. the whole crowd were in uproars of laughter.

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

Portlaoise V Crossmaglen a few years back in the All-Ireland Club semi-final.

Cross where down by a few points in time added on and they where a little stressed (and big angry looking lads at that), then that eejit with the cockerel or hen or whatever that follows Laois released the bird, it went nuts following the ball, I thought the Bhoys from South Armagh would be straight down to redecorate Portlaoise if it cost Cross the game, Cross lost by the way!!!!!!!!!

Time to take a more chill-pill approach to life.