All Ireland Scór na nÓg 2010

Started by Dougal Maguire, January 17, 2010, 03:04:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GAAsupporter

Quote from: downgirl on April 27, 2010, 02:42:22 PM
GAAsupporter...you didn't happen to take a video of the instrumental group???

No, i didn't take a video!  :-[  I was too nervous for them and i completley forgot about videoing them!  :-\  Awch sure it'll be on TV and the DVD is out!  ;)
Are ye well?

GAAsupporter

The Winning Ballad Group, Clara Co. Offaly, has a video on youtube. Check it out.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r-yesBp2Jp4
Are ye well?

Joxer

Quote from: GAAsupporter on April 26, 2010, 10:43:05 PM
So for the people that were at the All Ireland Final what did yous think of it?  :) 

Twas a great night!  ;D
What does everyone think of the winners? Only one Ulster Act to win...and that was Derrygonnelly music group from Fermanagh!!  ;D   :) 
They were amazing! I was right anyway! lol!  ;)

Eglish, i thought were very unlucky not to win in the Novelty Act!  :(

No disrespect GAAsupporter but I am all for my Ulster teams winning an All-Ireland title and the standard was very very high on Saturday but of all the Ulster acts to compete,  I wouldn't have had Derrygonnelly anywhere near winning their section.

GAAsupporter

Quote from: Joxer on April 28, 2010, 08:45:34 PM
Quote from: GAAsupporter on April 26, 2010, 10:43:05 PM
So for the people that were at the All Ireland Final what did yous think of it?  :) 

Twas a great night!  ;D
What does everyone think of the winners? Only one Ulster Act to win...and that was Derrygonnelly music group from Fermanagh!!  ;D   :) 
They were amazing! I was right anyway! lol!  ;)

Eglish, i thought were very unlucky not to win in the Novelty Act!  :(

No disrespect GAAsupporter but I am all for my Ulster teams winning an All-Ireland title and the standard was very very high on Saturday but of all the Ulster acts to compete,  I wouldn't have had Derrygonnelly anywhere near winning their section.

Who would you have predicted to win then? The kerry group?? Derrygonnelly were all about the music and had no fancy things and if the judges were judging it on the standard of traditional music, which they obv had, derrygonnelly were the clear winners!  :)
Are ye well?

downgirl

You might have already seen this but highlights from the Donegal final:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u1Vu9OtkGjk

I take it these are the Donegal champs they are showing?  I quite like the ballad group! 

downgirl

Just after reading through the thread again....Clara won ballad group again.....????????????

IMO they didn't deserve to win last year...were they any better this year????

GAAsupporter

Quote from: downgirl on April 29, 2010, 12:31:25 PM
Just after reading through the thread again....Clara won ballad group again.....????????????

IMO they didn't deserve to win last year...were they any better this year????

Yea Clara won again...2nd year in a row. Emm..well i think they sound the same as last year, although they are different songs, the harmonies in it are quite the same. But saying that, they were good...and the harmonies were very good. Their video is on youtube! Although i did fancy the Leitrim or Antrim ballad group to snatch the title..? The standard was very high...it was too close to call tho..
Are ye well?

downgirl

Yeah was just speaking to my friend who was in Killarney, he said he would have put Clara 3rd at best and Antrim or Leitrim should have won!

GAAsupporter

Quote from: downgirl on April 29, 2010, 11:36:09 PM
Yeah was just speaking to my friend who was in Killarney, he said he would have put Clara 3rd at best and Antrim or Leitrim should have won!

Well i would have to agree with your friend!! Would he be Saul ballad groups mentor??  ;D
Are ye well?

downgirl

Quote from: GAAsupporter on April 30, 2010, 05:22:03 PM

Well i would have to agree with your friend!! Would he be Saul ballad groups mentor??  ;D

The very one!  :D

GAAsupporter

Quote from: downgirl on April 30, 2010, 09:00:13 PM
Quote from: GAAsupporter on April 30, 2010, 05:22:03 PM

The very one!  :D

Lol! i was right!  :D   ;D  Well nw...he wud knw wat he was talkn about!  :)
Are ye well?

GAAsupporter

Does anyone know when the scor is guna be on TV?? Or is it true that RTE hav dropped their scor coverage??  :(   :o 
Are ye well?

seabee

Quote from: GAAsupporter on May 12, 2010, 09:29:30 PM
Does anyone know when the scor is guna be on TV?? Or is it true that RTE hav dropped their scor coverage??  :(   :o

They won't be on this year - apparently due to RTE cutbacks!

downgirl

Quote from: GAAsupporter on May 28, 2010, 08:58:02 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=daVV-p0KfUc

Scor highlights!!  ;D   :)

What's the second tune Derrygonnelly are playing there?

That's awful scór isn't going to be on RTE.

Anybody going to Willie Clancy Week?!