The Official "i am never drinking again thread".

Started by BallyhaiseMan, December 20, 2009, 08:40:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shazam

Jimmy the gymnast is jumping about in my stomach now iii

do you know they dont serve me vodka in portadown?? ii
Shazam Bang

thebigfella

Quote from: screenexile on December 24, 2009, 10:14:50 AM
Left the bar at 4.30am this morning... Have absolutely no recollection of the drive ito work this morning!

The WORST hangover ever!

Last time I done that, I parked in a multistory in Dublin and had no recollection of which car park it was; never mind whereabouts in that car park I had left it! Found it after a search of a 3rd multistory  :-[

Tony Baloney

Quote from: thebigfella on December 24, 2009, 11:12:47 AM
Left the bar at 4.30am this morning... Have absolutely no recollection of the drive ito work this morning!

The WORST hangover ever!

Last time I done that, I parked in a multistory in Dublin and had no recollection of which car park it was; never mind whereabouts in that car park I had left it! Found it after a search of a 3rd multistory  :-[
Now that's funny and a bloody nightmare rolled into one. I generally pay no attention to where I park which proves problematic in big shopping centre car parks.

Youse would need to watch the morning after driving too. Years back I was getting a lift to work around this time of year when a car hit us from behind at the lights outside the Europa. We had been out on a serious rip the night before and when we got out and seen the hangover eyes on the culprit we decided to go our own ways!

The Watcher Pat

Quote from: Tony Baloney on December 24, 2009, 12:05:20 PM
Quote from: thebigfella on December 24, 2009, 11:12:47 AM

The WORST hangover ever!

Now that's funny and a bloody nightmare rolled into one. I generally pay no attention to where I park which proves problematic in big shopping centre car parks.

Youse would need to watch the morning after driving too. Years back I was getting a lift to work around this time of year when a car hit us from behind at the lights outside the Europa. We had been out on a serious rip the night before and when we got out and seen the hangover eyes on the culprit we decided to go our own ways!

Its not funny at all!! Left the bar at 4.30 and drove to work the next morning with the roads the way they are...NOT EVEN FUNNY ANYTIME OF THE YEAR!!
There is no I in team, but if you look close enough you can find ME

Celt_Man

Any man know how to avoid the horrors...  Getting them bad the night after a rip now these days... waste of time even going to bed before half 2 or so...   :(
GAA Board Six Nations Fantasy Champion 2010

BallyhaiseMan

Quote from: Celt_Man on January 11, 2010, 12:17:48 AM
Any man know how to avoid the horrors...  Getting them bad the night after a rip now these days... waste of time even going to bed before half 2 or so...   :(

Some lads look at it being weak,but some water after every 2/3 drinks does the trick combined with a few pints(Water Celt Man!!!  :D) before bed.

haveaharp

Theres always the option not to drink so much.

takeyourownpath

when the mood gets you you just get caught up!lol
haven't touched a drop since new years eve. i've never been in a worse state the next day in my life. dog house with the boyfriend too!lol

Celt_Man

Quote from: BallyhaiseMan on January 11, 2010, 06:31:07 AM

Some lads look at it being weak,but some water after every 2/3 drinks does the trick combined with a few pints(Water Celt Man!!!  :D) before bed.

Sounds like a good idea, does drinking a barrel of whiskey along with a water mix count??  ;D  Few boys around here drink it and thinking of swapping over!!
GAA Board Six Nations Fantasy Champion 2010

boojangles

Quote from: Celt_Man on January 14, 2010, 01:21:31 AM
Quote from: BallyhaiseMan on January 11, 2010, 06:31:07 AM

Sounds like a good idea, does drinking a barrel of whiskey along with a water mix count??  ;D  Few boys around here drink it and thinking of swapping over!!

A few whiskeys if ya can stomach them when your in the horrors shud put ya to sleep.Stick on some mind numbing shit on the Tv and try fall asleep to it.
Is it just me or do the horrors get worse the older ya get??

DownFanatic

Ive been getting this horrors business now the past year and a half or so. When I try to get over to sleep I feel that I have a lump in my throat and that i cant breathe properly. I usually spend about an hour and half tryin to get over. I get the shortness of breath, the fast heartbeat and the rushing brain as I call it.

Istabraq

A good stretch in the sauna with a 5 litre drum of water will sweat most of the shite out of you

The Watcher Pat

That's not really the horrors you guys are explaining. I know a guy who when he drank 4-5 days in a row got the horrors..Thought he was going to die and took panic attacks..Was afraid to get out of bed because he thought his socks were Rats and his belt was a snake. Told me there was someone standing in the corner of his room most nights when he had them. Thats the horrors or "THE FEAR" as he used to call it.

beer baron

Quote from: The Watcher Pat on January 14, 2010, 06:59:49 PM
That's not really the horrors you guys are explaining. I know a guy who when he drank 4-5 days in a row got the horrors..Thought he was going to die and took panic attacks..Was afraid to get out of bed because he thought his socks were Rats and his belt was a snake. Told me there was someone standing in the corner of his room most nights when he had them. Thats the horrors or "THE FEAR" as he used to call it.

Watcher pat that is indeed the horrors-they don't really occur unless 2 or 3 days full drinking done and that doesn't mean 3 nights in a row it means all day each day and maybe 2-3 hours sleep a night.The following 2 or 3 nights once the session is over are pure torture,afraid of everything in the room feeling like your teeth have fallen out-insomnia-creatures crawling up the walls.Worst ever for me was waking up and thinking i was in a psychiatric ward bed,got up and went out to the bathroom and looked in the mirrror and i was 20 years older and still thought i was in this psychiatric ward-threw water over myself knowing this wasnt possible and after about 5 minutes of throwing cold water on my face i came around to myself-scary stuff!It's usually when  v&rb have been drank for few days in a row!

The Watcher Pat

Quote from: beer baron on January 14, 2010, 07:45:48 PM
Quote from: The Watcher Pat on January 14, 2010, 06:59:49 PM

Watcher pat that is indeed the horrors-they don't really occur unless 2 or 3 days full drinking done and that doesn't mean 3 nights in a row it means all day each day and maybe 2-3 hours sleep a night.The following 2 or 3 nights once the session is over are pure torture,afraid of everything in the room feeling like your teeth have fallen out-insomnia-creatures crawling up the walls.Worst ever for me was waking up and thinking i was in a psychiatric ward bed,got up and went out to the bathroom and looked in the mirrror and i was 20 years older and still thought i was in this psychiatric ward-threw water over myself knowing this wasnt possible and after about 5 minutes of throwing cold water on my face i came around to myself-scary stuff!It's usually when  v&rb have been drank for few days in a row!

Yes BB that is the Fear or the horrors as you call it!!    :D