Ard Mhacha v Maigh Eo Craobh Cluiche Ceannais Peile Mionúir na hÉireann

Started by TacadoirArdMhacha, August 30, 2009, 06:18:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

harlechman

The reaction of the Mayo lads here is hilarious. It started with Ray Dempsey's post match interview after the semi final and it's continued since, all this talk of the Armagh arrogance. No harm but it's bullshit boys. Armagh minors haven't reached a final since 1992. We're used to getting bate in the first round. This team has won the Ulster Minor League and Ulster championship - people want to show their appreciation. There'll be a big turn out win or lose. Tell me this boys - did Mayo ever organise a homecoming for any of their senior teams in advance of the All-Ireland final?

Quote from: Mayo4Sam on September 18, 2009, 04:17:59 PM
Lads who are ye coddin, at 3 days its defo a victory celebration. If ye lose it'll be down to a one nighter of a shot.

What, do you want the bus to get around the whole county in one night? Cop on. It's two days by the way...

RedandGreenSniper

Quote from: harlechman on September 18, 2009, 09:45:46 PM
The reaction of the Mayo lads here is hilarious. It started with Ray Dempsey's post match interview after the semi final and it's continued since, all this talk of the Armagh arrogance. No harm but it's bullshit boys. Armagh minors haven't reached a final since 1992. We're used to getting bate in the first round. This team has won the Ulster Minor League and Ulster championship - people want to show their appreciation. There'll be a big turn out win or lose. Tell me this boys - did Mayo ever organise a homecoming for any of their senior teams in advance of the All-Ireland final?

Civil Defence might be put on standby. Anything else would be taking the eye of the ball really (I know, I know, where did it get us anyway). Sort it out Sunday and besides these things are impromtu enough affairs. I still maintain it smacks of arrogance but whatever yer having yerselves . . .
Mayo for Sam! Just don't ask me for a year

Shortso79

The flame still burns

The GAA

longrunsthefox

That coming home schedule is a bit crazy. No player would have the heart for all that if they lose... sounds like a win is expected alrite. Maybe shud have put up win and lose schedules..

pintsofguinness

Some shite talk from Mayo boys  ::)

Homecomings from All Ireland finals are the norm, win or lose, are they not?

Schedule is a bit mad though, 5 minutes at some clubs, what are they going to do for 5 minutes? It would take 5 minutes to get on and off the bus.

tubberman
QuoteIf Ray Dempsey or any of the players need any extra motivation I hope someone show's them this thread (not that they'd give a shite what is said here  :D).
:D If you're lads need to be shown a thread from the gaaboard to motivate them before an All Ireland final they're in BIG trouble!
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

longrunsthefox

Quote from: pintsofguinness on September 19, 2009, 10:11:42 AM
Some shite talk from Mayo boys  ::)

Homecomings from All Ireland finals are the norm, win or lose, are they not?

Schedule is a bit mad though, 5 minutes at some clubs, what are they going to do for 5 minutes? It would take 5 minutes to get on and off the bus.

tubberman
QuoteIf Ray Dempsey or any of the players need any extra motivation I hope someone show's them this thread (not that they'd give a shite what is said here  :D).
:D If you're lads need to be shown a thread from the gaaboard to motivate them before an All Ireland final they're in BIG trouble!

Homecoming  ??? Is more like a two day victory tour

pintsofguinness

I'm pretty sure the seniors done the same in 02 and 03, (win and lose), south of the county and city on the monday night, lurgan on the Tuesday night.

Tyrone had home commings too, I assume they didnt do the whole of tyrone in one night?
When do you think these were arranged, the sunday evening at 5 oclock?

::)
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

armaghniac

QuoteWhen do you think these were arranged, the sunday evening at 5 oclock?

Mayo often know whether the nature of the celebrations by 4 O'Clock.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

bobbiesoxer

Real1995

Best of Luck lads, i really feel that there is something special about this Armagh minor team...
Nice guys always finish second!

longrunsthefox

Quote from: pintsofguinness on September 19, 2009, 10:30:44 AM
I'm pretty sure the seniors done the same in 02 and 03, (win and lose), south of the county and city on the monday night, lurgan on the Tuesday night.

Tyrone had home commings too, I assume they didnt do the whole of tyrone in one night?When do you think these were arranged, the sunday evening at 5 oclock?

::)

They didn't do a tour of the county when they lost.. is ridiculous idea

Farrandeelin

Quote from: bobbiesoxer on September 19, 2009, 01:04:46 PM
Do me a favour all mayo fans DRY YOUR EYES yous are so SAD

I have the hankie beside me now...

Anyway, good luck to the lads. Hard to see us winning it but you never can know. I'll be there anyway tomorrow. It's getting to the stage where I don't even look past the next game with Mayo (at all grades).
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

ross4life

I have the feeling Mayo are gonna win this one (but then again i thought that in 2006 :P) but we should get a cracking Game football that will surely outshine the Senior Game again  ;)
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open