Ard Mhacha v Maigh Eo Craobh Cluiche Ceannais Peile Mionúir na hÉireann

Started by TacadoirArdMhacha, August 30, 2009, 06:18:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zulu

Armagh by 5 or 6 for me. Didn't Walsh start at midfield in the semi? Has someone been dropped?

longrunsthefox

Good luck to Armagh in this one. Am heading down to give them and Cork a good Tyrone cheer. Bitter and all as I am, have to stick with our neighbours in the minors... can't bring myself to shout against under 18s, now if it was Armagh seniors... well, sin sceal eile  :o   

Farrandeelin

Daryl Herbert's dropped. Brian Ruttledge is in. Hopefully he will make an impact now he's in the half-forwards. Good luck to them anyway, it seems awful early to reveal your hand but that's the way Ray has done it seems.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

muppet

Quote from: harlechman on September 15, 2009, 08:50:48 PM
The whole Mayo v Roscommon thing is getting a bit tiring lads. Can ye leave it for a while?

It's actually an important part of the Gaa that on a discussion involving a Mayo team, for example, that you have to have the nuisance Roscommon input. Most of these inputs/posts end with a winking smilie because that is part of the rules.

As an Armagh man surely you have experienced this with Down or Tyrone maybe?
MWWSI 2017

RedandGreenSniper

Mayo for Sam! Just don't ask me for a year

Rossfan

Sure we always have an input as there is usually a Ros man on every one of their teams...hence my calling them Mayowestros  :D

Anyway to be serious it would be nice to see them emulate Ros 06 and Galway 07 and bring Tom Markham west but with their record in Finals.... ::)
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

moysider

Quote from: Zulu on September 15, 2009, 09:16:10 PM
Armagh by 5 or 6 for me. Didn't Walsh start at midfield in the semi? Has someone been dropped?

He ll start there the next day as well. Herbert left out and his club man Ruttledge back in. I be happy enough with that.

moysider

Quote from: Farrandeelin on September 15, 2009, 09:30:53 PM
Daryl Herbert's dropped. Brian Ruttledge is in. Hopefully he will make an impact now he's in the half-forwards. Good luck to them anyway, it seems awful early to reveal your hand but that's the way Ray has done it seems.

I dont think he has revealed anything that Armagh wont be expecting. Brian wont be on the wing and Farrell wont be midfield. Thought Ruttledge was unlucky to be left out last day. He can take a score but this forward line has been on starvation rations all year. To have a chance of winning the next day we need more ball than first half v Down or second half in Salthill. At least the problem has been well signposted.

moysider

Tut, tut Zulu. You re more pessimistic about Mayo teams than even me. And I m world champion, down-on-my-luck realist. Realist because most of the stuff I knew would happen, has happened, including our deteriorating climate and the collapse of our rotten housing -estate- development based economy.

However.....however ....... I ve a feeling we might take this one against the head. ..........Nurse!

ross4life

Quote from: ballinaman on September 15, 2009, 08:42:01 PM
Quote from: Rossfan on September 15, 2009, 07:55:35 PM
Quote from: ballinaman on September 14, 2009, 07:40:05 PM

When we get to Minor Finals we win them unlike Mayowestros. :P

FINAL - When Roscommon get to minor final.....singular....

FINALS ya eejit. We got to FOUR and we WON FOUR.

Ask your daddy to tell you a bit more about football before you start playing with your brother's PC. ;)

G'way and shite will ya. Obviously I know that Roscommon have made more than one final, the whole world knows about it when the Rossies win a match, just talking about recent history. Have ye taken the flags down since 2006 yet??...probably not.
[/quote]

Don't forget 2006 is the only year in RECENT HISTORY that Mayo have won a All Ireland to ;)
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

Barney

Fingers crossed on this one.

Just picked up a ticket for the Hill last night so hopefully there to wipe away some bad memories.

It's a cliche - but you just don't know with minors!

Farrandeelin

Quote from: Barney on September 16, 2009, 08:26:23 AM
Fingers crossed on this one.

Just picked up a ticket for the Hill last night so hopefully there to wipe away some bad memories.

It's a cliche - but you just don't know with minors!

Rather you than me on the Hill Barney. We always get a good tanking (04 and 06). Plus Cork 02...
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

ballinaman

Quote from: ross4life on September 15, 2009, 11:54:04 PM
Quote from: ballinaman on September 15, 2009, 08:42:01 PM
Quote from: Rossfan on September 15, 2009, 07:55:35 PM
Quote from: ballinaman on September 14, 2009, 07:40:05 PM

When we get to Minor Finals we win them unlike Mayowestros. :P

FINAL - When Roscommon get to minor final.....singular....

FINALS ya eejit. We got to FOUR and we WON FOUR.

Ask your daddy to tell you a bit more about football before you start playing with your brother's PC. ;)

G'way and shite will ya. Obviously I know that Roscommon have made more than one final, the whole world knows about it when the Rossies win a match, just talking about recent history. Have ye taken the flags down since 2006 yet??...probably not.

Don't forget 2006 is the only year in RECENT HISTORY that Mayo have won a All Ireland to ;)
[/quote]

Exactly, well aware of that but you don't see Mayo people thinking they are suddenly the aristocrats of the U-21 championship and bombarding a forum about a match that Mayo aren't involved in, same can't be said for ye Sheppard's though! Must be fairly embarrassing to see more posts from Roscommon people on this than from Armagh.......

robertemmet

All the best to the Armagh minor team and management on Sunday.

Zulu

Quote from: moysider on September 15, 2009, 11:52:19 PM

Tut, tut Zulu. You re more pessimistic about Mayo teams than even me. And I m world champion, down-on-my-luck realist. Realist because most of the stuff I knew would happen, has happened, including our deteriorating climate and the collapse of our rotten housing -estate- development based economy.

However.....however ....... I ve a feeling we might take this one against the head. ..........Nurse!

:D well I hope you're right Moysider, though I'd like to see Armagh win a minor AI too. However from what I've seen of both teams Armagh look the vastly superior team and I just can't see anything but an Armagh win. Anyway I hope it's a great game and both teams do themselves justice.