Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Square Ball

Quote from: Two Hands FFS on March 19, 2012, 06:56:49 PM
Watson steaming on the news

and fair play to him, he and the team deserve to drink for a week if they want. thought the full back line were fantastic and never gave an forward a second on the ball.
Hospitals are not equipped to treat stupid

saffronog

Quote from: the colonel on March 19, 2012, 08:04:47 PM
Its obvious the best team on the day won. I would agree with Milltowns outlook on the game. What Loughgiel had over Coolderry was that they were clinical. Watson didn't get the ball as much as he probably have liked but he surely made it count when he did. Obviously it was wise to keep as much ball away from Joe Brady as possible and I think only one poc-out went down the centre. He cleaned up what ball went his way but he was never going to be able to win much out the wings. I don't think he was given time to actually pick out a pass as he was quickly closed down.

Coolderry had got inside the Loughgiel FB line a couple of times in first 15 mins or so but their touch seriously let them down. Coolderry keeper and full back were bomb scares.

agree brady was the man to avoid but he did get to a lot of poc outs, thought like mr2 midfield and half forward line of shams didn't win much ball. 

saffronog

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on March 19, 2012, 07:31:56 PM
Quote from: btdtgtt on March 19, 2012, 07:29:04 PM
Why what am I missing here?!

Is it a hurling debate or what goes on in a bar? Loughgiel have just won the top prize and you're fishing for crap.

never far away from the moral high ground MR2

saffronog

Quote from: Seamroga in exile on March 19, 2012, 07:00:45 PM
He's not the only one, :). If anyone deserves a drink or two he does.

as long as he doesn't take it as serious as his training.  off course these men deserve the spoils. 

Milltown Row2

Quote from: btdtgtt on March 19, 2012, 07:45:04 PM
Jesus mr2 someone posted something about cushendall I asked what it meant - what da f**k is ur problem with that and how is it fishing for crap? Should I run all posts by you or u just wanna talk to urself on the forum?

No, keep your posts to yourself ;)
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

btdtgtt

Yeah cos keeping posts to oneself is really the basis for an Internet chat board. If u wanna cry like a school girl about posts u don't want then gurn to whoever posted the comment - I merely enquired what it meant. And likewise when u post ur Bollocks I can ignore it without crying about stuff u don't like. Poor mr2 can't control his own thread - boo hoo start a new one with ur toys back in the pram. And thanks I did get a direct message exposing the dall story.

Buswhacker

Let us face it Shamrocks are the best team in Ireland. The "aye buts" and armchair pundits with their amateur analysis will never change that.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: btdtgtt on March 19, 2012, 09:40:01 PM
Yeah cos keeping posts to oneself is really the basis for an Internet chat board. If u wanna cry like a school girl about posts u don't want then gurn to whoever posted the comment - I merely enquired what it meant. And likewise when u post ur Bollocks I can ignore it without crying about stuff u don't like. Poor mr2 can't control his own thread - boo hoo start a new one with ur toys back in the pram. And thanks I did get a direct message exposing the dall story.

Think you'll find they are called a PM, private message.

It's not my thread either.

None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

JamesH

First of all a mighty congratulations to Shamrocks, the best team won by a country mile, Better hurlers and betters tactis. From a Cushendall point of view i'd our lads have to be kicking themselves in letting two finals slip v Shamrocks as i believe there's not much between the teams starting 15 , although Loughgiels bench is much much better than ours. The previous year when big favourites v Dunloy we were tore apart.  l hope we take a kick up the backside as i'm sure Dunloy will and push for the county title again this year. I don't mean to slight the Town as i think they aren't at that level yet, as as for Rossa they have the hurlers but what effort will they put in this is anybody's guess. l always find it strange how our teams can go to All Irelands and put in great shows and then come home and those performances seems a million years ago. Anyway the grass getting cut tells us its near that time of year again, thank god, Loughgiels achievement will add some spice to the Leagues and championships thats for sure.
Does anybody know the fixtures yet?

Buswhacker

James H....... from the time the County final was played Loughgiel's game went up to another level.Their work rate,fitness and general play in the All- Ireland semi and final was way above anything they showed in the County championship.
The other Antrim teams will need to come up to that standard to compete.....should be interesting.

NAG1

It is inevitable that LG's form will come back down a notch, they couldnt maintain those heights playing across the full season.

Add to this the fact the they will have 6-7 boys away playing with the county team to the end of the July, makes it difficult to keep the high levels. Will turn into a really long season for alot of the boys, they have been on the go since last Feb.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Buswhacker on March 20, 2012, 09:26:43 AM
James H....... from the time the County final was played Loughgiel's game went up to another level.Their work rate,fitness and general play in the All- Ireland semi and final was way above anything they showed in the County championship.
The other Antrim teams will need to come up to that standard to compete.....should be interesting.

Yes we (Naomh Gall) have done that for a right few years, it will come to an end also. Maintaining those levels is very difficult. Dunloy did it for ten years also. Loughgiel will be hard to stop no doubt about that. But here's the thing about the Championship, a wet night, tight game a man sent off or Winker injured, a miss call by some referee  ;), these factors can cause a shock. No back doors in the Antrim Championship.

I'm looking forward to the games this year, would love to be 25 again :(

JamesH

Buswhacker, Shamrocks did lift their performances no doubt. What i'm saying that all the County representives have done so 95% of the time, we have had some great performances against Doora Barefield, and De La Salle, and a couple of poor ones and even those have always been way above our county campaigns. My question was why can we not keep that up? NAG1 has probably hit the nail on the head, i think after we were beaten by DLS we started with 9 panelists on the County panel a couple dropped of , add in minors and u21s some nights we only had 5/6 at training with more management, than players. I think in Antrim that's is always going to be a problem as good club hurlers aren't as plentiful as in other Counties. Perhaps our hurlers know they are up against it and have to raise their game, although in my opinion on a good day we could have beaten Coolderry, yes i know we werent there and didnt, its only an opinion and doesn't take anything away from Shamrocks.

btdtgtt

Obviously the shamrocks have raised the bar - they are on a different level at the minute.

But let's not forget - only a Neil mc manus injury and a penalty call won the the county championship!

Cushendall will not forget that anyway!

Seamroga in exile

Did neil mcmanus not play two years ago?
"What we've got here is failure to communicate"