Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Seamroga in exile on March 16, 2012, 08:48:51 AM
I'm heading down today about 12ish. The butterflies haven't arrived yet but they're on their way, that's for sure. There'll be no messaging during the game from me, unless there's wi-fi in Croker. I got last month's phone bill in a couple of weeks ago. It was a bit of a shocker, to say the least.

Everyone is injury free and raring to get at it. If the lads perform the way they can, they're in with a great shout. My prediction is shamrocks by 2.

+1, robbing bastards!!!!!! extra 30 quid on my bill, so much for living on the same island ;)

Loughgiel would need to score 20 points to win this match
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

btdtgtt

SIE i apologize for questioning your ref comment because I am about to do the same!
Agree with MR2 think this could be high scoring so will be interesting to see if the ref award many frees for Winker to slot over.

As for the phone bills lads I feel like calling the credit union when mine comes in - but they aint cheap to ring either!

I won't get down so it'll be either in the pub or the house but good luck Shamrocks!

the colonel

I'm heading down today about 12ish. The butterflies haven't arrived yet but they're on their way, that's for sure. There'll be no messaging during the game from me, unless there's wi-fi in Croker. I got last month's phone bill in a couple of weeks ago. It was a bit of a shocker, to say the least.

Everyone is injury free and raring to get at it. If the lads perform the way they can, they're in with a great shout. My prediction is shamrocks by 2.

There is
the difference between success and failure is energy

saffronog

Quote from: the colonel on March 16, 2012, 09:54:49 AM

There is

there's always one Colonel

Seamroga in exile

They have wi-fi in the Gresham alright.;)
"What we've got here is failure to communicate"

imtommygunn

Good luck to the shamrocks tomorrow. Bring it home!

maxpower

Not that anyone cares but I'll give my prediction for how I think the game will go tomorrow!

In the two games I have seen Coolderry play I will say I don't think Loughgiel could have hoped for a team more suited to their style of play.  Loughgiel play a possession game nowadays and I have always felt to combat this you need pace up the centre, no6. No11 and both midfielders, must allow the half forwards and half backs to mark while thu cover the ground.

Coolderry don't have that, and good and all Joe Brady is a 6 he lacks mobility and IF Loughgiel alternate Eddie and Winker on him I can see them getting real joy! 

The dangermen for Coolderry are the corner forwards and Brian Carroll, Carroll may not like the physical attention JC gives him and I suspect he will drop into midfield in search of handy possession, I believe Loughgiel will assign Skinner to dealing with this great in that area and Carroll could receive plenty of attention.

Damien Murray is the other big threat, but he's a hot and cold player it seems, though the pitch will suit him can he deliver in consecutive games, I have my doubts and he is on a good man marker.  Coolderry may need to target the other corner.

Full forward and centre half forward will be the type of player Neilly and Martin love to mark so Coolderry could have difficulty getting the 20 points or so it will take to win the game, so they may need goals

Loughgiel will need to hit the ground running and expose that lack of real pace at 6, if the panic and start lumping the ball long Brady will gobble up 50/50 balls all day and set Coolderry on their way. 

It will be a tight game, I don't expect more than 2 scores in it! Perhaps
What happens next????

crookes

Best of luck to Loughgiel tomorrow in the final, going down to it and hope its a cracker. I still think the hurling should be put on after the football.
Where Crookes is, there is light.

Fairhead

Quote from: maxpower on March 16, 2012, 08:47:18 PM
Not that anyone cares but I'll give my prediction for how I think the game will go tomorrow!

In the two games I have seen Coolderry play I will say I don't think Loughgiel could have hoped for a team more suited to their style of play.  Loughgiel play a possession game nowadays and I have always felt to combat this you need pace up the centre, no6. No11 and both midfielders, must allow the half forwards and half backs to mark while thu cover the ground.

Coolderry don't have that, and good and all Joe Brady is a 6 he lacks mobility and IF Loughgiel alternate Eddie and Winker on him I can see them getting real joy! 

The dangermen for Coolderry are the corner forwards and Brian Carroll, Carroll may not like the physical attention JC gives him and I suspect he will drop into midfield in search of handy possession, I believe Loughgiel will assign Skinner to dealing with this great in that area and Carroll could receive plenty of attention.

Damien Murray is the other big threat, but he's a hot and cold player it seems, though the pitch will suit him can he deliver in consecutive games, I have my doubts and he is on a good man marker.  Coolderry may need to target the other corner.

Full forward and centre half forward will be the type of player Neilly and Martin love to mark so Coolderry could have difficulty getting the 20 points or so it will take to win the game, so they may need goals

Loughgiel will need to hit the ground running and expose that lack of real pace at 6, if the panic and start lumping the ball long Brady will gobble up 50/50 balls all day and set Coolderry on their way. 

It will be a tight game, I don't expect more than 2 scores in it! Perhaps

There have been lots of comment since Coolderry got out of Offaly that Joe Brady hasnt the mobilility and Ballyboden / Oulart / Gort will pull him out of position and negate him. It hasnt happened so far and i think he was motm in a couple of those games. So Loughgiel will need to do something special to bypass him or else he might just have a stinker!!!!

I think Coolderry have more of a goalscoring threat. They have scored 11 goals in the last 6 games and i thought in particular against Gort they were really looking for goals. In Loughgiels 6 games to get to the final they have only scored 6 goals and 4 of them came against Kevin Lynches and Ballycran in games that they won very handy.

Ken Hogan comes across as an articulate, intelligent man and has builit up a good managerial cv so im sure he will have Coolderry well primed for Liam Watson unlike Na Piarsaigh. If Watson does go out and score +15 points then L'giel could do it but i think he will find it more difficult tomorrow and if hes restricted to 8/9 points my guess is L'giels total will be around the 16/17 point mark which i think is beatable by Coolderry but its going to be tight.

ManInBlackandGreen

On our way to HQ! Hoping for a great game and good luck to the shamrocks! Can't wait, btdtgtt waiting for your posts tonight knocking the Ref no matter what the result :o

maxpower

Don't disagree with that Fairhead but the difference this time with Brady will be the pitch, a huge, firm pitch exploits pace.  If Brady exerts the influence he did in the semi final I think Coolderry will win comfortably, if not it will go to the wire!
What happens next????

btdtgtt

Mibag I will try to give him the benefit if the doubt but u guys make it difficult sometimes! Anyway enjoy the games and enjoy the day!

Hoof Hearted

good luckto the shamrocks today. 10 years ago today since Ballinderry shamrocks won on Paddy's day, lets hope history repeats itself.
Treble 6 Nations Fantasy Rugby champion 2008, 2011 & 2012

Milltown Row2

Paddy power are doing Liam Watson at even money to score 8.5 points!!! In the last game he scored that in the first half. Harder game but I'd say he'll nail 10 points today
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

samboswig

Anyone got a streaming link lads? Away at min at tried to proxy the ballix out of it but tg4 just blanked her out. Nightmare. Thanks.