The Offical Glasgow Celtic thread

Started by Gaoth Dobhair Abu, January 26, 2007, 10:41:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

?

?
63 (87.5%)
?
9 (12.5%)

Total Members Voted: 72

tyroneStatto

Quote from: stew on February 01, 2010, 07:14:23 PM
He should score a ton, for him playing in that league must be akin to him playing Irish league level.

people really shouldnt come on here with silly statements like that without checking out the stats.

tyroneStatto

anyway mowbray will have to be given credit if he pulls this transfer off.

the green man


Denn Forever

Quote from: clarshack on February 01, 2010, 08:02:33 PM
anyway mowbray will have to be given credit if he pulls this transfer off.

I think Keane saw the writing on the wall  Defoe, Crouch, Gudjohnson, Pavlecheco.

I should be good for Ireland as maybe Trappatoni can see how McGeedy can play with Keane.
I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

Main Street

Robbie hasn't been the same since Paris.
A stint at Celtic will make him whole again  ;D

mountainboii

Quote from: Denn Forever on February 01, 2010, 08:09:51 PM
I should be good for Ireland as maybe Trappatoni can see how McGeedy can play with Keane.

Our main striker, and captain, moving down the football ladder at a rate of knots is certainly not a good thing for Ireland.

From the Bunker

Quote from: AFS on February 01, 2010, 08:43:21 PM
Quote from: Denn Forever on February 01, 2010, 08:09:51 PM
I should be good for Ireland as maybe Trappatoni can see how McGeedy can play with Keane.

Our main striker, and captain, moving down the football ladder at a rate of knots is certainly not a good thing for Ireland.

Good for Celtic.
Good for Keane to get medals.
Good for Keane to get games.
Good for Keane to get goals.

Not so good as football is lower standard.
Not what Trap would want.

Hope is goes well, Keane has suffered with not getting a consistent run in any team bar Ireland, who he is the record scorere for!

the green man

Myles will no doubt see the downside to this

illdecide

Delighted with todays signings, there def seems to be a bit of quality signed today so hopefully better football to come and a bit more confidence within the team
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

ONeill

Some coup to catch Keane til the Summer.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

mouview

Hope Keane's form improves but on the face of it his signing doesn't make a lot of sense commercially wise for the Scottish club; I mean sales of Celtic replica jerseys have already reached saturation penetration in Tallaght and in other, er, working class areas of Dublin.

stew

Excellent days work by Mobray, Keane will light Scottish defences up like a Christmas tree and I think these signings today will be enough to help Celtic win the league.

Keane has not been in great form but playing regularly and joining yet another club he loved as a boy will give him a fresh start. ;)
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

Main Street

Quote from: AFS on February 01, 2010, 08:43:21 PM
Quote from: Denn Forever on February 01, 2010, 08:09:51 PM
I should be good for Ireland as maybe Trappatoni can see how McGeedy can play with Keane.

Our main striker, and captain, moving down the football ladder at a rate of knots is certainly not a good thing for Ireland.
A good intelligent mature football talent that Keane has  is not lost by playing at a lower standard.
Plenty of examples of talented players who are comfortable with that and don't lose one bit of their talent.

Could have been worse for Robbie, he could have gone to some EPL club (barely on the football map) where Celtic cast offs end up.


gerry

God bless the hills of Dooish, be they heather-clad or lea,

ludermor

I wonder who he was talking about when he said he wanted to be at celtic at the peak of his powers and not when he is 34 and washed up?