The Offical Glasgow Celtic thread

Started by Gaoth Dobhair Abu, January 26, 2007, 10:41:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

?

?
63 (87.5%)
?
9 (12.5%)

Total Members Voted: 72

Main Street

It will be docked from his wages.
You got to admire Riordan, he's got balls.

Gaoth Dobhair Abu

Well a good attacking performance from the Celts today, great to see Skippy and JVOH getting back into the net, its been a while, not sure about Mick McManus scoring both ends!  ;)

Hopefully that is the cart back on the tracks, now a big performance on Wed against the Hun, and I can start dreaming of the league again.  ;D
Tbc....

Rav67

Was at the NFL game in Letterkenny so missed this today, the general consensus on kerrydalestreet was that Hartley and Robson were excellent together in the middle.  I wonder if WGS has the bottle to keep this partnership for the game on Wednesday?

nifan

Any of you guys know much of the youth team?
I hear good things about a young NI player Deaglan Bunting but havent seen him myself yet.

Croí na hÉireann

Celtic will have to do a manure on it on Wed and play Rankers off the field and destroy them on the scoreboard to stand any chance of winning the league. The fat lady is warming up...  :'(
Westmeath - Home of the Christy Ring Cup...

Gaoth Dobhair Abu

Read this post on an OF forum, the thread was basically Celts and Huns slagging each other in preparation for Wed game, it has me in tears of laughter - whatever floats your boat I suppose.   ;D :D ;)


My dear friends with the blue-tinged probosci,

I can only offer my sincere and humble apologies for any misunderstanding or distress caused by your presence on this thread. Would it be presumptuous of me to think that , due to the obvious incoherence of your postings, that you're both loyal paidup member of the KKK-BNP-TFOD branch of the Wee Arra Peeple Party? As this obviously qualifies you to sit in judgement on the inferior sub-humans who often inhabit the Celtic boards, I'm therefore just a tad surprised that you've lowered yourself to partake in any form of communication - and run the high risk of infection it entails - by conversing with such lower life forms as us poor, humble tims.

However, can I suggest that you inquire of your parent of female persuasion (note: that'd be the one without horns) if she is accomplished in the fine art of using cotton thread and needle? If she answers in the affirmative, can I suggest that you point her in the direction of that area below your fringe and above that place - in most normal people a space - just above your eyebrow? (singular).

In other words, could you very kindly rejoin the rest of your fellow hunched-back, cloven-hooved chums back in that dark, dank, slimy, primordial swamp, in that hole in the cave from which you emerged?

Thank you most sincerely for your cooperation.
Tbc....

his holiness nb

Folks, I'm not a celtic fan, but will be travelling tomorrow with my brother, who is, to see the game.
Heading via Ferry from Belfast, or wherever the port is  :-X

Whats the story with the boat over for old firm games? Given that its rangers and celtic fans going from the north, I would half expect some animosity. Am I wrong? Of are they segregated on the boat?

The last thing I want is to get my head boxed in over a team I dont even support!!  ;D
Ask me holy bollix

Main Street

As a Dub fan who has travelled around the country on the holy grail I'd assume your survival skills are well honed by now  :)

T Fearon

His Holiness, not only do Celtic and Huns fans travel in different boats, they sail to different ports, huns to Stranraer and Celts to Cairnryan! That was the case in my day anyway but I suppose a lot now go over via ryannair, easyjet etc and given that its a Celtic home game there shouldn't be too many huns from this part of the world with tickets anyway.


his holiness nb

Quote from: Main Street on April 15, 2008, 02:48:32 PM
As a Dub fan who has travelled around the country on the holy grail I'd assume your survival skills are well honed by now  :)

;D

Was honestly worried given the recent attacks in Belfast.
Ask me holy bollix

Gaoth Dobhair Abu

Well its nearly upon us the most important match of the season....


From BBC

Celtic v Rangers 
 
Celtic midfielder Paul Hartley is doubtful for the Old Firm derby, while Scott Brown serves the second of a three-match suspension.

Jan Vennegoor of Hesselink, Scott McDonald and Georgios Samaras are vying for the two positions up front.

Rangers manager Walter Smith has no fresh injury worries.

Kevin Thomson is missing through suspension. Charlie Adam (knee) and DaMarcus Beasley (knee ligament) both remain on the sidelines.



--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Celtic: (from) Boruc, Hinkel, Caldwell, McManus, Naylor, Nakamura, Donati, Robson, McGeady, McDonald, Samaras, Vennegoor of Hesselink, M Brown, Wilson,] Sno, Hartley, Hutchinson, Killen.

Rangers: (from) McGregor, Whittaker, Weir, Cuellar, Papac, Novo, Ferguson, Dailly, Hemdani, Darcheville, McCulloch, Boyd, Naismith, Alexander, Davis, Broadfoot, Lennon, McMillan.


Tbc....


illdecide

I'm gonna go for a 3-2 Celtic win for tonight. I have this funny feeling there will be plenty of goals. (prob end up 0-0)

Nothing other than a win is acceptable. If we're beat tonight i can't wait to hear we ginger's excuses (We had 200,00 shots and none went in :o)
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

lynchbhoy

as long as Celtic dont make mistakes or commit too many men and are caught on the break, with supply whipped in from level with 18 yard box, then they should comf win 2-0.
Rangers are a poor side, but strategically Celtic with their sieve like defense are worse. Only the Celtic midfield and strikers can win this for them. The defenders and manager wont.
..........

gerry

God bless the hills of Dooish, be they heather-clad or lea,