The Offical Glasgow Celtic thread

Started by Gaoth Dobhair Abu, January 26, 2007, 10:41:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

?

?
63 (87.5%)
?
9 (12.5%)

Total Members Voted: 72

Galwaybhoy

Quote from: full back on November 29, 2007, 10:56:47 AM
Galwaybhoy, I hope you are a WUM, otherwise you are completely deluded
You have said in the last few days that Mc Geady is world class & John O Shea is under-rated
Take the green tinted glasses of FFS
While Mc Geady is a decent player, he is no more than that - if he was world class he would be in the Premiership, La Liga or Serie A
John O Shea is a squad player for Utd & does a job when needed, but you cant say he is under-rated if he is at a club like Utd

Why would he leave a European giant such as Celtic, an illustrious club with huge ambitions of winning the Champions league this year and go to another club in the Premiership or La Liga etc.  I'm sure if he were to leave Celtic would be looking for at least £30m for him, at least.

Also with the likes of O'Shea, Given and McGeady on the Irish team, and many other very good players coming along, once we get a good manager such as Souness or John Aldridge not only will we be qualifying for more World Cups etc and we will also be very competitive in those tournaments.

lynchbhoy

Quote from: corn02 on November 29, 2007, 12:28:22 PM
Could not agree more Lynchboy but they are still a class or two above McGeady. A patchy player at best who will never develop into the World Class bracket.

If the likes of Gerrard and Scholes are still not recognised by some as World Class, then it is an insult to even use McGeadys name in the same sentence.
Cant say he wont, but the odds are stacked against him. Will he learn to his full potential under the coaching of Celtic's current and future staff ? Possibly under the current one as he is making the improvement (he def wouldnt under Martin O'Neill).
As for future coaches/managers at Celtic, who knows - unlikely though.
If McGeady transfers in the near future, then its then extremely unlikely he will ever reach his full potential, as he seems to be a slow enough learner. wing is a new position for him, but he is too small for the centre.

I think Gerrard and Scholes have def been recognised by the world as being top class international players.
There are so many more that are deemed to be that make me cringe.

The example I will leave is shaun maloney - the clamour for him to be recognised as 'world class' and the best young scots player , got him voted to be Scots player of the year. I fell out with a lot of Celtic and scotland suppoters over this (Temporarily).
the lad was fast, scored a couple of spectacular goals and was an all round headless chicken.
He had potential though, but went to Villa way too early and it now shows how unfinished he actually is.

I can see vast improvement in McGeady which is a great thing for Ireland and Celtic. Esp as he is getting better.
I dont care what label they put on him, as long as he does the business for us!
..........

full back

Quote from: Galwaybhoy on November 29, 2007, 12:37:37 PM
Why would he leave a European giant such as Celtic, an illustrious club with huge ambitions of winning the Champions league this year and go to another club in the Premiership or La Liga etc.  I'm sure if he were to leave Celtic would be looking for at least £30m for him, at least.

Also with the likes of O'Shea, Given and McGeady on the Irish team, and many other very good players coming along, once we get a good manager such as Souness or John Aldridge not only will we be qualifying for more World Cups etc and we will also be very competitive in those tournaments.

:D :D
Now I know you are a WUM

Main Street

The McGeady world class hype is laughable.

Last night and in the other CL games demonstrates that he is achieving a consistant level of maturity and skill at the highest levels in Europe.
I didn´t see enough of him in earlier years to compare then with now.
In the 2nd half against Spartak his ability to take under control a hoof out of defense winning a free kick and taking all the pressure off was brilliant.
Last night he was tightly marked, not a lot of scope to create much but 2 or 3 brilliant moves, thats all that was needed.
Before I thought he was trying to do it all the time. Throughout the game he kept his composure very well. 


Gaoth Dobhair Abu

#379
McGeady is changing into a very good player, but he is still young and has alot to do - but the improvement even this season for both Celtic and Ireland is there for all to see.
As for world class, I think Galwaybhoy is being a little tongue in cheek with that comment!  ;)
But becoming "world class" is not out of the question for him in the future, IMO he has the ability, only time will tell.

Back to last nights TREEEMENDOUS and FANTASTIC and MARVELOUS result - unfcuking believable!  ;D
I'm still walking around today with a smile from ear to ear.  ;D ;D ;D

Jezuz next week can't come soon enough!


HAIL HAIL
Tbc....

the milkman

McGeady will become a world class player. loads of ability and is now startin to put in the hard work to match it!
and so will Scott Brown!!!!!



Unreal last night, didnt think it was possible to get another late winner in front of the Jock Stein stand but the never give up!   And all without Naka, Wilson, Joel Doumbe and then JK. and Naylor going off, some result!

under the bar

QuoteIf the likes of Gerrard and Scholes are still not recognised by some as World Class, then it is an insult to even use McGeadys name in the same sentence.

Some might say it's an insult to Scholes to use Gerrard's name in the same sentance.

Rav67

The place went absolutely mad after that goal, despite so many late goals this season and last I didn't see that coming, a testament to the fighting spirit of Celtic especially with such a patched-up 11 on the pitch at the end.

McGeady was very good considering no-one really showed for him much down the wing, and Caldwell being a centre-half wasn't really overlapping to help him out much.  He's not quite yet but he will be a world-class player, he is finally beginning to add consistency to his game this past 2 months.

corn02

Some might be deluded then Under the Bar.

Gaoth Dobhair Abu

People have to realise that McGeady himself had the honesty recently to admit that he was "lazy" on the field of play, and that this was something that he had to work on to improve himself as a player, noticeable that since that statement his performances have improved greatly.
Tbc....

under the bar

I cannot believe that those usless fenian tramps in RTE aren't showing the Celtic match tonight!  Good grief!!

his holiness nb

Quote from: under the bar on December 04, 2007, 07:18:46 PM
I cannot believe that those usless fenian tramps in RTE aren't showing the Celtic match tonight!  Good grief!!

Its on setanta and sky.
If you dont get either get your hole to the pub.
checks watch.... and quick!!
Ask me holy bollix

stew

Is there a clip of mcGeady's goal somewhere, I here it was special. I was on holiday and didnt see it.
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

Galwaybhoy

Sadly I made the mistake to back Milan to top the group earlier in the competition (along with Real Madrid) and I could pay for it tonight as this will probably be the first away game Celtic have taken seriously in years.  Milan have it all to do to top the group and I would say they will have their top team out.  Celtic could very well run out 2 or 3 nil winners here.

Gaelicy O Flaherty

Quote from: Galwaybhoy on December 04, 2007, 07:43:24 PM
Sadly I made the mistake to back Milan to top the group earlier in the competition (along with Real Madrid) and I could pay for it tonight as this will probably be the first away game Celtic have taken seriously in years.  Milan have it all to do to top the group and I would say they will have their top team out.  Celtic could very well run out 2 or 3 nil winners here.

You are an idiot.

How have Celtic not taken an away game seriously in years?

2 or 3 nil winners? haha aye right