The Offical Glasgow Celtic thread

Started by Gaoth Dobhair Abu, January 26, 2007, 10:41:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

?

?
63 (87.5%)
?
9 (12.5%)

Total Members Voted: 72

Milltown Row2

That great manager Pep was hammered at his home ground!! Not a great tactician after all Tony
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought.

T Fearon

Why are people making excuses for Coco? If Ronny was producing the same results this season,particularly in the Champions League, he would be slaughtered by all and sundry.

foxcommander

Quote from: T Fearon on October 19, 2016, 10:53:17 PM
Why are people making excuses for Coco? If Ronny was producing the same results this season,particularly in the Champions League, he would be slaughtered by all and sundry.

Ronny would still be in a job if he got Celtic to the CL. He failed twice, even with reprieves. I don't know why you keep banging on about it. He was dreadful.
Every second of the day there's a Democrat telling a lie

Main Street

The real sad question is when exactly did Nordies totally lose their cop on, where discussing issues with a troll is a normal everyday thing.
Maybe a troll is regarded in a good light in northern society, where social banality has even lower layers.
´For fun and excitement above and beyond the norm, we do like to discuss issues with a troll, we just imagine the troll to be sorta human and ignore all evidence to the contrary.'

T Fearon

#10024
I do sense rumblings on the Celtic discussion  boards,on which there are infinitely greater numbers of more discerning Celtic supporters,than is the case on this one.

Borussia Moenchengladbach,as was stated by the Irish News' betting tipster,were missing a number of key players,had a lousy away record and were "there for the taking" last night.That makes the abject failure even more glaring.After the lucky but nonetheless encouraging draw against Man City,Celtic should have had a whirlwind start,but instead they were cautious,subdued and their opponents were allowed to quickly take the initiative and control the game.

At this stage I am tired of reading eulogies about "Celtic Park on Champions league nights and great atmospheres etc" I would much prefer to read about Celtic successes on the actual pitch,not in the stands.

Last night was failure of epic proportions.

uimhr ocht

We were favourites for this game and celtic never sit well with favourites tag,kolo made a couple of mistakes and overall we didnt perform,we need a good result away but on our travels record isnt the greatest.Need to bounce back sunday now,would like to get to the final and give rodgers a chance of winning his 1st bit of silverware.

tonto1888

Quote from: T Fearon on October 20, 2016, 06:06:05 AM
I do sense rumblings on the Celtic discussion  boards,on which there are infinitely greater numbers of more discerning Celtic supporters,than is the case on this one.

Borussia Moenchengladbach,as was stated by the Irish News' betting tipster,were missing a number of key players,had a lousy away record and were "there for the taking" last night.That makes the abject failure even more glaring.After the lucky but nonetheless encouraging draw against Man City,Celtic should have had a whirlwind start,but instead they were cautious,subdued and their opponents were allowed to quickly take the initiative and control the game.

At this stage I am tired of reading eulogies about "Celtic Park on Champions league nights and great atmospheres etc" I would much prefer to read about Celtic successes on the actual pitch,not in the stands.

Last night was failure of epic proportions.

I actually agree with you on this Tiny, aprt from the bit about the Irish news as they know next to nothing. Moenchengladbach are a good team even with some missing players. TRegardless, we looked flat last night. The performance was as disappointing as the result

Hectic

Couple of bad mistakes by Toure but did not hide the fact that we were second best all over the park.  Reality check after the City game that we are still some way off at this level. 

The biggest thing about playing in Europe is maintaining possession of the ball - our midfield does not have the quality or confidence to control the football in the key area at this level and as such is the area of the park that needs addressing with up to 3 central players required - and that is not news after last night either - it has been our biggest weakness all season even when we have been winning games. 

I have not saw the second goal again but from memory Toure gave the ball away badly but I wonder were the midfielders giving him an option of was he forced to hold on to it too long because people were not showing for him which was the case on a number of occasions last night.

But Rome was not built in a day and last night is more in line with what I feared when the group was drawn as opposed to the optimism I felt off the back of the last game.

Hectic

Quote from: Main Street on October 20, 2016, 12:11:57 AM
The real sad question is when exactly did Nordies totally lose their cop on, where discussing issues with a troll is a normal everyday thing.
Maybe a troll is regarded in a good light in northern society, where social banality has even lower layers.
´For fun and excitement above and beyond the norm, we do like to discuss issues with a troll, we just imagine the troll to be sorta human and ignore all evidence to the contrary.'

Speaking of Trolls!!

Keyser soze

Quote from: Hectic on October 20, 2016, 09:12:48 AM
Couple of bad mistakes by Toure but did not hide the fact that we were second best all over the park.  Reality check after the City game that we are still some way off at this level. 

The biggest thing about playing in Europe is maintaining possession of the ball - our midfield does not have the quality or confidence to control the football in the key area at this level and as such is the area of the park that needs addressing with up to 3 central players required - and that is not news after last night either - it has been our biggest weakness all season even when we have been winning games. 

I have not saw the second goal again but from memory Toure gave the ball away badly but I wonder were the midfielders giving him an option of was he forced to hold on to it too long because people were not showing for him which was the case on a number of occasions last night.

But Rome was not built in a day and last night is more in line with what I feared when the group was drawn as opposed to the optimism I felt off the back of the last game.

Nor will they ever have as Celtic do not have anywhere near the financial clout to afford to recruit such players so how you expect to address this issue is beyond me.

Applesisapples

Quote from: T Fearon on October 20, 2016, 06:06:05 AM
I do sense rumblings on the Celtic discussion  boards,on which there are infinitely greater numbers of more discerning Celtic supporters,than is the case on this one.

Borussia Moenchengladbach,as was stated by the Irish News' betting tipster,were missing a number of key players,had a lousy away record and were "there for the taking" last night.That makes the abject failure even more glaring.After the lucky but nonetheless encouraging draw against Man City,Celtic should have had a whirlwind start,but instead they were cautious,subdued and their opponents were allowed to quickly take the initiative and control the game.

At this stage I am tired of reading eulogies about "Celtic Park on Champions league nights and great atmospheres etc" I would much prefer to read about Celtic successes on the actual pitch,not in the stands.

Last night was failure of epic proportions.
Usual moronic bullshit from a prawn sandwich muncher.

tyroneStatto

Quote from: ashman on October 19, 2016, 10:15:28 PM
BMG could well finish 2nd .

I agree. thought m'gladbach were excellent last nite and they should have beaten barcelona in the last game too. only mystery is why they were so awful against city in the first game.

after the next round of games I would expect m'gladbach to be on 6 pts and city to still be on 4 pts. if m'gladbach beat city at home then they're through.

Hectic

Quote from: Keyser soze on October 20, 2016, 09:53:15 AM
Quote from: Hectic on October 20, 2016, 09:12:48 AM
Couple of bad mistakes by Toure but did not hide the fact that we were second best all over the park.  Reality check after the City game that we are still some way off at this level. 

The biggest thing about playing in Europe is maintaining possession of the ball - our midfield does not have the quality or confidence to control the football in the key area at this level and as such is the area of the park that needs addressing with up to 3 central players required - and that is not news after last night either - it has been our biggest weakness all season even when we have been winning games. 

I have not saw the second goal again but from memory Toure gave the ball away badly but I wonder were the midfielders giving him an option of was he forced to hold on to it too long because people were not showing for him which was the case on a number of occasions last night.

But Rome was not built in a day and last night is more in line with what I feared when the group was drawn as opposed to the optimism I felt off the back of the last game.

Nor will they ever have as Celtic do not have anywhere near the financial clout to afford to recruit such players so how you expect to address this issue is beyond me.

I am not saying we just go out and get these players and everything is solved but we did have Wanyama, Ledley and even Commons who did not hide on these occasions - yes we will never be able to compete for the finished article top players in any area of the pitch but I think we are not in bad shape in terms of defenders, wide midfielders and forwards so we should at least be able to focus our time and resources on this key area of the pitch.

Hectic

Quote from: Main Street on October 19, 2016, 07:12:58 PM


I did laugh when I saw that given a few of us were not attempting to spell their name and instead referring to them as the Germans over the past week or so.

T Fearon

Another thing.Why do big name players let Rodgers down on big occasions? Gerrard against Chelsea in '14 and Toure last night? It cannot be just coincidence? Is he heaping tòo much responsibility on their shoulders?