The Offical Glasgow Celtic thread

Started by Gaoth Dobhair Abu, January 26, 2007, 10:41:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

?

?
63 (87.5%)
?
9 (12.5%)

Total Members Voted: 72

ashman

scots in the main are unpleasant and aggressive .

illdecide

Both sides be at it but TBH i think the dark side are that we bit worse.

Very tough draw for Celtic but sure that's why we're in it...to play the best and we can beat anyone in a one off game at Celtic Pk, it has happened before and it will happen again, being realistic a home win with the Germans and maybe a draw with City in Glasgow to give us a respectable 4pts is the best we'd hope for.

West Ham beat last night at home against Astana (2 years in a row) compare their budgets and try and understand how a team from no-where can come to London and beat a team that if they were to finish bottom of the Premiership will still receive £100 million.
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

Hound

Quote from: ashman on August 26, 2016, 11:21:47 AM
scots in the main are unpleasant and aggressive .
wandering off topic for a moment.... but I would never have thought that until I spent a week on holidays there at the beginning of the summer. Of course it's not all of them, and most are sound, but I met significantly more ignorant and abrupt people in Scotland  compared to previous holidays in Ireland, England and Wales. (And I was on the west coast, not near Glasgow)

AZOffaly

Could it be the accent? The harsher scottish accent always sounds rude.

illdecide

Quote from: AZOffaly on August 26, 2016, 12:38:55 PM
Could it be the accent? The harsher scottish accent always sounds rude.

As well as hearing your Irish accent made them be that bit more rude :D. I spend quite a bit of time around Ayr, Troon & Prestwick and i can tell you there are not too many Celtic tops about.
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

Main Street

Quote from: tonto1888 on August 26, 2016, 07:10:04 AM
Quote from: Main Street on August 25, 2016, 11:20:15 PM
Quote from: ned on August 25, 2016, 10:14:28 PM
Quote from: Main Street on August 25, 2016, 07:47:26 PM
Quote from: winghalfback on August 25, 2016, 06:46:46 PM
Tough draw alright Barcelona again lovely city tho. Man city paddy Roberts will pull them apart Kolo meets yaya and Germany anything has to be better than Hamburg
Celtic and Hamburg are a good match and get along just fine.

Sarcasm? Hamburg huns of Germany!
Yes, but St Pauli are also Hamburg and connected to Celtic by the hip.

St Pauli are from Hamburg, they aren't Hamburg. Very different sets of supporters
The first post was about the city,

Barcelona again lovely city tho
and Germany anything has to be better than Hamburg

therefore I understood the Hamburg reference to be about visiting the city, not about HSV.





Main Street

Quote from: illdecide on August 26, 2016, 11:36:00 AM

....

Very tough draw for Celtic but sure that's why we're in it...to play the best and we can beat anyone in a one off game at Celtic Pk, it has happened before and it will happen again, being realistic a home win with the Germans and maybe a draw with City in Glasgow to give us a respectable 4pts is the best we'd hope for.

West Ham beat last night at home against Astana (2 years in a row) compare their budgets and try and understand how a team from no-where can come to London and beat a team that if they were to finish bottom of the Premiership will still receive £100 million.
Close,
Astana got through beating Bate, it was Astra, a middling Romanian club who deservedly knocked out West Ham. Commentator said the Astra goalie (who pulled off some good saves) was the son of the Romanian goalie from 1990 WC,   which means he was their goalie from the famous penalty shoot out.

AZOffaly

Sylviu Lung if I remember correctly. He seemed to have a nervous twitch with his head which indicated which way he was diving :)

Main Street

 ;D
that's a good leg puller

I heard an interview with Packie Bonner some time ago and part of it was about that penalty shoot out and he was asked how did he prepare and how did he guess right.
Packie said it was simple, it was down to body language that he and the goalie coach worked out together, the taker would usually strike the ball opposite to the angle of his approach.
Ever since that's all I just happen to watch out for.
Of course the art of the penalty specialist is much more involved than that, but in a penalty shoot out, that clue would  give a goalie a good chance to save a middlin' penalty from an inexperienced penalty taker. There was a shootout the other day  and in only one of 10 penalties did the taker shoot along with the angle of his approach.

Applesisapples

If Rogers delivers Europa league football in January he will deserve double his current GUBU salary.

Nigel White


T Fearon

While I'm nothing other than realistic,I don't expect us to get a single point,I do expect our super salaried manager to do basic things he hasn't done to date like displaying
tactical nous,selecting the  right players and team formations to restrict our opponents and achieve a creditable result in every one of the six games.

winghalfback

Quote from: T Fearon on August 26, 2016, 07:43:42 PM
While I'm nothing other than realistic,I don't expect us to get a single point,I do expect our super salaried manager to do basic things he hasn't done to date like displaying
tactical nous,selecting the  right players and team formations to restrict our opponents and achieve a creditable result in every one of the six games.

Who would you have got as manager tony

T Fearon

Michael O'Neill was born for the job.

Main Street

Quote from: Applesisapples on August 26, 2016, 04:48:40 PM
If Rogers delivers Europa league football in January he will deserve double his current GUBU salary.
I suspect that Celtic will have to get to the CL knockout stages, either this season or the next season, in order to hang on to the seeded status in the champion side of the qualifier/play off draw. The rich coefficient bounty gained in 2012/13  will still factor in next season but then drop out of the calculation for 2018/ 19
Possibly Celtic will have to pay Brendan more in order to achieve that,  supposedly the more money you pay the better the result  ;D

This prize money is huge by Celtic's standards but just not that vital to an epl club, it would just pay for a player like Johnny Evans. Probably that's why the moneyed clubs want to shut the CL shop in order to prevent the prize money filtering down to the plebs.