The Offical Glasgow Celtic thread

Started by Gaoth Dobhair Abu, January 26, 2007, 10:41:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

?

?
63 (87.5%)
?
9 (12.5%)

Total Members Voted: 72

lynchbhoy

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on May 30, 2014, 09:38:08 PM
Which of the recent past managers of Celtic had league success in other countries and have any of them won the champions league?

I'm talking managerial success
Mon too

Not many managers have won CL so your question is a bit skewed

Celtic will be hit and miss in CL qualifiers and will continue to trade on their big name to lure players etc until they get into epl

Every manager or 99% of them finish their tenure in a black cloud so Keane will have spl titles and it's a lottery about CL
..........

ONeill

What do Celtic supporters want from a new manager, apart from expecting to win everything?
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Main Street

Just the very fact that Keane's considering to leave his Ireland contract, demonstrates an issue.
It was a way back for him, both with rehabilitation and an education, a chance to learn priceless elements of the trade from some of the old masters. But what comes first is Roy Keane. Even if he stays on as O'Neill's assistant, he has lost the respect that is given to somebody who acts honourably and takes their job choice seriously. I suspect O'Neill was none too enamoured by Keane's attitude..

If there's no announcement by the end of the summer friendlies next week, then you can take it that Celtic are looking elsewhere.

tyroneStatto

I like the idea of Roy keane as Celtic manager.  Don't know what the problem is with other fans?

foxcommander

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on May 30, 2014, 09:38:08 PM
Which of the recent past managers of Celtic had league success in other countries and have any of them won the champions league?

I'm talking managerial success

John Barnes
Every second of the day there's a Democrat telling a lie

T Fearon

The reason why Keane is a bad choice is his inability to deal with frustration,a prerequisite of a Celtic manager, having to sell your best players every summer,and then the demand to qualify for at least the group stages of the Champions League.

If Keane couldnt tolerate roughing it for a few days back in 2002 (relatively speaking) how will he cope with long term frustration that is the lot of a present day Celtic manager

Milltown Row2

Quote from: charlieTully on May 30, 2014, 11:35:26 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on May 30, 2014, 11:27:26 PM
Quote from: T Fearon on May 30, 2014, 11:00:39 PM
Desmond personally bankrolled Keane 's salary when he played for Celtic, he still has the ear of O'Neill and I gather he was instrumental in pairing O'Neill and Keane together as Irish team managers.

He obviously believes Keane 's name will sell season tickets and perhaps attract players to Celtic Park,I can see no other reason for this

So you think he'll be a failure?

go away milltown.

Where?

I'm slightly more interested as I'm a fan (ish) of Keane. He may not be a good manager but I've always like his attitude in terms of putting your body on the line to win games. He may have a stubborn attitude and has made silly mistakes that I'm sure in reflection he regrets.
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought.

T Fearon

How will he tolerate living in the Glasgow goldfish bowl, never mind the demands of the job itself? Not very well if his past record is anything to go by.

ardtole

I see in todays irish news thst Kris Commons and his partner, took the family of wee oscar knox on holiday with them on their family holiday. What a wonderful gesture. It brightened my day reading that.

Main Street

A bullet dodged there, as Keano wraps himself in the triclolour.


bennydorano

Is he not in talks with Villa to be Lambert's assistant? No fleg wrapping there!

Clarke would be an excellent option as manager.  As long as it's not Owen Coyle :-[

Apparently so

Quote from: ardtole on June 03, 2014, 05:30:31 PM
I see in todays irish news thst Kris Commons and his partner, took the family of wee oscar knox on holiday with them on their family holiday. What a wonderful gesture. It brightened my day reading that.

Yeah, absolutely brilliant by the Commons. They have been through their own tragedy and have become very close with the Knox family. Lovely stuff reading about it. Commons and his wife have really taken Celtic to heart


Apparently so

Anyway, I was hoping that Celtic would have gone for a foreign manager this time round but its looking very unlikely. Would be quite happy with Steve Clarke tbf, had West Brom playing some nice stuff and good football has been badly lacking at Celtic since Lenny's first season

Now that p***k Keane has ruled himself out, I'll be pleased with anyone, apart from Owen Coyle. It will probably be Owen Coyle though, he's the cheap option and will slot in as another yes man for the club

f**k that

Syferus

A cooked chicken could get the job done for Celtic until Rangers get back.

Apparently so

If a cooked chicken can get us into the Champions League groups, then fair play. Must be good chickens in your part of the world