AISF Aug 23rd Tyrone v Cork

Started by cadhlancian, August 02, 2009, 07:11:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fuzzman

So I was right. Tommy out, Enda in & Sean to CHF. Suppose it wasn't too unexpected.
Wonder will big Sean take the frees or will it be Mugsy.
I think Mugsy (like myself  ;)) is a big confidence player and if he has to take a few difficult frees near the start it could put him off for the whole day.

I hope to see Justy playing at CHB the whole game & hope he can push forward as much as possible.

Billys Boots

Quote from: Donnellys Hollow on August 20, 2009, 03:06:43 PM
Quote from: Zulu on August 20, 2009, 02:51:15 PM
QuoteThe Cork midfield dominated that Kildare midfield in the 1/4 final last year.

That was last year DH and Kildare were poor enough in many areas, and although Murphy is good in the air he doesn't like the rough stuff and there'll be plenty of that this Sunday, he simply isn't the man for the job IMO.

We were poor in many areas last year but midfield was not one of them. Earley was as good in the Fermanagh and Limerick matches last year as he was in many games this year. Flynn also came on early on in that 1/4 final for Killian Brennan early on so it was the same midfield pairing that played Tyrone this year and Cork got the better of them.

If anything, I think this Cork team are being seriously underrated. If their forwards are quicker than Kildare's to pick up the spare man and they force McConnell to drive the ball long down the middle, I would expect them to get enough possession to beat Tyrone.

I think Cork will get enough possession to beat Tyrone, but I'm not sure they'll use enough of it (or will be allowed to use enough of it) to win.
My hands are stained with thistle milk ...

comethekingdom

Quote from: Billys Boots on August 20, 2009, 09:14:00 PM
QuoteThe Cork midfield dominated that Kildare midfield in the 1/4 final last year.

That was last year DH and Kildare were poor enough in many areas, and although Murphy is good in the air he doesn't like the rough stuff and there'll be plenty of that this Sunday, he simply isn't the man for the job IMO.

We were poor in many areas last year but midfield was not one of them. Earley was as good in the Fermanagh and Limerick matches last year as he was in many games this year. Flynn also came on early on in that 1/4 final for Killian Brennan early on so it was the same midfield pairing that played Tyrone this year and Cork got the better of them.

If anything, I think this Cork team are being seriously underrated. If their forwards are quicker than Kildare's to pick up the spare man and they force McConnell to drive the ball long down the middle, I would expect them to get enough possession to beat Tyrone.

I think Cork will get enough possession to beat Tyrone, but I'm not sure they'll use enough of it (or will be allowed to use enough of it) to win.
Looks like Harte is trying to address Tyrones mid field problem. Having McGinley back is a sure boost. Some bench to empty too! Then again Tyrone dont dominate MF against most opposition and still grind out the wins!

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: ONeill on August 20, 2009, 08:57:38 PM
Some kind of move to give the impression of a 6 foot plus midfield diamond of Justin, Hub, McGinley and Sean?

That would be it exactly I'd say, though there'll be the usual liquidity in those positions.
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

ziggysego

Quote from: Fuzzman on August 20, 2009, 08:58:53 PM
So I was right. Tommy out, Enda in & Sean to CHF.

I said that at the start of the week. Quit copying me :P
Testing Accessibility

020304 Tir Eoghain

Quote from: comethekingdom on August 20, 2009, 09:59:26 PM

Looks like Harte is trying to address Tyrones mid field problem. Having McGinley back is a sure boost. Some bench to empty too! Then again Tyrone dont dominate MF against most opposition and still grind out the wins!

Think this could be their biggest test in a few years CTK, and thats not trying to disrespect Ciarrai in any way, shape or form.
Tír Éoghain '03, '05, '08.

comethekingdom

Quote from: ziggysego on August 20, 2009, 10:10:33 PM

In fairness Ziggy - Pat Gilroy could have even got that one right!

ziggysego

I know comethekingdom, wasn't a difficult one to get  :D

Is this anyone here?

Testing Accessibility

comethekingdom

Quote from: 020304 Tir Eoghain on August 20, 2009, 10:12:43 PM
Quote from: comethekingdom on August 20, 2009, 09:59:26 PM

Think this could be their biggest test in a few years CTK, and thats not trying to disrespect Ciarrai in any way, shape or form.
Mickey Ned got it right agin Cork in the Munster Final. MH will just have to refine those tactics and thats the end of Cork in this yrs championship me thinks!

ONeill

Quote from: ziggysego on August 20, 2009, 10:10:33 PM

You Antrim'd bate Kerry. Get outta here ye , ye,
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: comethekingdom on August 20, 2009, 10:17:15 PM
Mickey Ned got it right agin Cork in the Munster Final. MH will just have to refine those tactics and thats the end of Cork in this yrs championship me thinks!

MH has already refined, readjusted, reconfigured, reassessed, re-engineered, reappraised, recapped on and realished those tactics long before now cmk!  ;)

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: never kickt a ball on August 20, 2009, 08:53:49 PM
10  Brian Dooher  (C) Clann na nGael
12  Joe McMahon   An Omaigh

Let's see Miskella and O'Leary launch their surging runs with Dooher and Mc Mahon hanging off them.

Zulu

Quote from: Fear ón Srath Bán on August 20, 2009, 10:20:12 PM
Quote from: comethekingdom on August 20, 2009, 10:17:15 PM

MH has already refined, readjusted, reconfigured, reassessed, re-engineered, reappraised, recapped on and realished those tactics long before now cmk!  ;)

What tactics do people think Limerick employed? Because they didn't actually do a whole lot tactically to nullify Cork.

comethekingdom

Quote from: Fear ón Srath Bán on August 20, 2009, 10:25:02 PM

Let's see Miskella and O'Leary launch their surging runs with Dooher and Mc Mahon hanging off them.
and Sean Cavanagh in the same line too!

Jinxy

Quote from: Fear ón Srath Bán on August 20, 2009, 10:25:02 PM

Literally.  ;)
If you were any use you'd be playing.