GAABoard Fantasy NFL - Superbowl V - Champion Crowned

Started by AZOffaly, July 06, 2009, 12:05:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

turk

Quote from: AZOffaly on September 07, 2009, 03:39:32 PM
Don't forget to set your lineups on or before Thursday night, as the first game kicks off then. I am looking at locking rosters until all games are over each week, I'll post back here when I figure out the best way of doing that. It's only fair as it does not confer an advantage on someone who has internet access and/or is watching all the games.

AZ!

There's an option this year to set the weekly waiver time. You can set up that players are all on waivers over the weekend from the time of the start of the first match until the following Tuesday. You shouldn't need to be locking teams.

"Weekly Waivers    

Use these settings to give everyone in the league a fair chance at picking up players. Sunday - Tuesday means all unowned players will be placed on waivers at 10:00am PT each Sunday with the claim period ending at 11:59pm PT on Tuesday. First game of the week - Tuesday means all unowned players will be placed on waivers at the start of the first game for that week with the claim period ending at 11:59pm PT on Tuesday."

PS - best of luck to everyone this season

the Deel Rover

Quote from: AZOffaly on September 10, 2009, 11:31:04 AM
Lads, should we have a prize for this? Was just wondering what the takeup would be? If we had a tenner each, then the conference winners who lost out on the superbowl could win 100, while the Superbowl winner could have 140. What do ye think?

Just to explain - €10 subs per team

Conference Champions guaranteed €100 each

Superbowl (predictions) winner an extra €40.

for our own league Az if so great idea? just got a email from nfluk tickets on sale tomorrow for the wembley game . hope i manage to get one any one else going ?
Crossmolina Deel Rovers
All Ireland Club Champions 2001

AZOffaly

Quote from: turk on September 10, 2009, 11:36:29 AM
Quote from: AZOffaly on September 07, 2009, 03:39:32 PM
Don't forget to set your lineups on or before Thursday night, as the first game kicks off then. I am looking at locking rosters until all games are over each week, I'll post back here when I figure out the best way of doing that. It's only fair as it does not confer an advantage on someone who has internet access and/or is watching all the games.

AZ!

There's an option this year to set the weekly waiver time. You can set up that players are all on waivers over the weekend from the time of the start of the first match until the following Tuesday. You shouldn't need to be locking teams.

"Weekly Waivers    

Use these settings to give everyone in the league a fair chance at picking up players. Sunday - Tuesday means all unowned players will be placed on waivers at 10:00am PT each Sunday with the claim period ending at 11:59pm PT on Tuesday. First game of the week - Tuesday means all unowned players will be placed on waivers at the start of the first game for that week with the claim period ending at 11:59pm PT on Tuesday."

PS - best of luck to everyone this season

I've done that. Set it to 'First Game of Week to Tuesday'.

Galwaybhoy

Quote from: AZOffaly on September 10, 2009, 11:31:04 AM
Lads, should we have a prize for this? Was just wondering what the takeup would be? If we had a tenner each, then the conference winners who lost out on the superbowl could win 100, while the Superbowl winner could have 140. What do ye think?

Just to explain - €10 subs per team

Conference Champions guaranteed €100 each

Superbowl (predictions) winner an extra €40.

I'd be on for that, makes it a little bit more interesting.  ;D

lfdown2

me, too how would you set up the pot, paypal? and what is the exchange rate...€2 = £1?

AZOffaly

Nice try lfdown. More like £2 = €1

I think you can set up a subs option on the league...

declan85

The €10 idea is good, the great one can go and buy his own trophy then :)
Deel Rover, i gotta try and get some tickets tomorrow too. Do you know if there is a limit per person on them tomorrow?

Lone Shark

Wouldn't have any strong feelings for or against a tenner in. I'll go along with the majority view here, happy to chip in if that's what people want to do.

the Deel Rover

Quote from: declan85 on September 10, 2009, 03:30:06 PM
Deel Rover, i gotta try and get some tickets tomorrow too. Do you know if there is a limit per person on them tomorrow?

there is no mention of a limit Declan, i'm trying to get 2 hope to fly out sunday morning and back monday if i get them. they go on sale at 11
Crossmolina Deel Rovers

the Deel Rover

Quote from: the Deel Rover on September 10, 2009, 04:00:10 PM

there is no mention of a limit Declan, i'm trying to get 2 hope to fly out sunday morning and back monday if i get them. they go on sale at 11

got 2 tickets for the game happy days
Crossmolina Deel Rovers

declan85

Quote from: the Deel Rover on September 11, 2009, 11:57:05 AM

Good Stuff! Got 6 tickets, have 5 definitely goin and 1 more fella deciding on whether a weekend in London would be good or not :)
Well probably go out on the saturday morning and back on the monday, same as we done last year...

the Deel Rover

Quote from: declan85 on September 11, 2009, 12:04:27 PM

Good Stuff! Got 6 tickets, have 5 definitely goin and 1 more fella deciding on whether a weekend in London would be good or not :)
Well probably go out on the saturday morning and back on the monday, same as we done last year...

Nice one declan , looking forward to seeing Brady in action should be great
Crossmolina Deel Rovers

declan85

Quote from: the Deel Rover on September 11, 2009, 12:11:54 PM
Quote from: declan85 on September 11, 2009, 12:04:27 PM

Nice one declan , looking forward to seeing Brady in action should be great

Dont know who to shout for in it, Brady is my Fantasy qb so that might swing it. Who is supposedly the home team?

The Claw

Just booked 20 tickets for a big group of us with 4 different credit cards. Some hassle but worth it, its going to be some craic. Can't wait

Minder

"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"