Ulster Semifinal- Derry v Tyrone 21/6/09 Casement Park

Started by Oakleafer93, May 31, 2009, 03:36:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

omagh_gael

Quote from: meathie on June 19, 2009, 04:12:01 PM
Reckon it'll be a close physical game, every score will have to be really worked for. God I soon like Joe Brolly or something! anyway think Derry may pull this one off. Let Tyrone and Kerry battle it out in the qualifer with a new pairing for the All-ireland with Cork!

Tyrone and Kerry can't meet in the qualifiers now as the second round will involve losing semi finalists playing winners from round 1 and then round 3 will involve round 2 winners drawn against provincial final losers and winners of round 3 ties playing provincial final winners in AI quarter finals! Hopefully this is correct, feel free to correct anyone? So earliest Tyrone and Kerry can meet is AI semi stage

omagh_gael

Quote from: tyssam5 on June 19, 2009, 01:03:00 AM
Quote from: omagh_gael on June 18, 2009, 09:14:27 PM
what are the chances of the named team starting on Sunday? I would say only doubts would be penrose and to a lesser extent tommy holding their place

Mickey usually goes with the 15 players he names, maybe not in the same position right enough. As a certain P. Canavan reported recently we would want a big improvement in the HF line. Let's be honest Armagh were absolutely useless and we did our best to keep them in the game, massive improvement required or we'll be playing Kerry in next game!

Just twigged u meant Tyrone and Kerry battling thro qualifiers and not against eachother meathie but my  above post is relevant to this quote  :-\

Deal_Me_In

Quote from: omagh_gael on June 19, 2009, 05:41:16 PM
Reckon it'll be a close physical game, every score will have to be really worked for. God I soon like Joe Brolly or something! anyway think Derry may pull this one off. Let Tyrone and Kerry battle it out in the qualifer with a new pairing for the All-ireland with Cork!

Tyrone and Kerry can't meet in the qualifiers now as the second round will involve losing semi finalists playing winners from round 1 and then round 3 will involve round 2 winners drawn against provincial final losers and winners of round 3 ties playing provincial final winners in AI quarter finals! Hopefully this is correct, feel free to correct anyone? So earliest Tyrone and Kerry can meet is AI semi stage

Slight correction. If tyrone get beat in the Ulster final after beating Derry 1-13 to 0-10 they could meet Kerry in the 3rd round of the qualifiers provided Kerry can make it through round 2.

Tyrones own

Where all think alike, no one thinks very much.
  - Walter Lippmann

omagh_gael

Quote from: Deal_Me_In on June 19, 2009, 05:49:53 PM

Slight correction. If tyrone get beat in the Ulster final after beating Derry 1-13 to 0-10 they could meet Kerry in the 3rd round of the qualifiers provided Kerry can make it through round 2.

Just after seeing that, need to reduce 8 teams from round 3 to 4 teams to meet provincial winners, cheers

tyssam5

I predict scoring boots to be brought by Tyrone on this occasion. Will need to be swinging over points from out the field as despite predictions from some quarters (based on what logic?) of an open game, Derry will be looking to get plenty of men behind the ball, so space to work it in will be tight and some long range shooting required.

Unless Derry get a couple of goals Tyrone will win by about 5. From Derry we will obviously see a similar forward line-up as per Armagh with two men isolated up front. But hopefully we will not allow the two full-backs on them to become as isolated as the last day out, Tyrone are normally good at covering this kind of attack, still can't understand the tactic the last day. If it was an experiment to see if we could cope one-on-one then the conclusion was clear that we cannot and the covering defender will be required.

A video snippet of a certain P Bradley doing his keepie-uppie in Celtic Park a few years ago might liven up the backs before the game? What did he get to anyway 3 or 4, I can bate that!

Doohicky

Quote from: Deal_Me_In on June 19, 2009, 05:49:53 PM

Pretty sure if Tyrone get beat on Sunday then it works like so...

Round 2 (Can't meet Kerry)
Round 3 All winners from round 2 play each other (May Meet Kerry)
Round 4 Provincial runners up play winners of Round 3 (If Kerry and Tyrone still in it they can't meet)
All Ireland Quarter Finals Provincial winners play winners of Round 4 (Kerry and Tyrone can't meet)
All Ireland Semi Finals Kerry and Tyrone can meet.

I could be wrong here, so am open to correction.

Prediction: Tyrone 2-13 Derry 1-10

omagh_gael

Yeah think you're right doohicky! Did anyone see BBC newsline sport, Brolly got a good dig in a Stephen watson, Watson chatting bout the game and history between the two counties and Brolly's first response was 'I didn't think u knew so much about Gaelic football Stephen!'

ziggysego

Quote from: omagh_gael on June 19, 2009, 06:59:54 PM
Yeah think you're right doohicky! Did anyone see BBC newsline sport, Brolly got a good dig in a Stephen watson, Watson chatting bout the game and history between the two counties and Brolly's first response was 'I didn't think u knew so much about Gaelic football Stephen!'

I must admit, I had a right auld laugh to myself when I heard Brolly come out with it  :D
Testing Accessibility

jodyb

Quote from: Tyrones own on June 19, 2009, 05:54:24 PM
Tyrone 1-13 - Inbreds 1-08  ;D

Make up your mind. Which is it gonna be, 1-13 or 1-08? And what do you predict Derry will score?

ONeill

With injuries and suspensions, this could be Derry's finest hour since 1993. 6 semi final defeats in a row and finally to win the one they should lose.

C'mon Derry.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

sam03/05

tyssam5

Quote from: ziggysego on June 19, 2009, 07:12:26 PM
Quote from: omagh_gael on June 19, 2009, 06:59:54 PM

I must admit, I had a right auld laugh to myself when I heard Brolly come out with it  :D

Is that not more of a cheap shot than a good dig though? I don't know a pile about rugby or Irish league soccer but I could spoof about them the very best on TV if given the chance. Not every sports 'anchor' is going to have a deep history and association with every sport he deals with.

Fuzzman

I heard its gonna be like that episode of the Simpsons where Mr Byrne puts himself into Homer's team.

Gregory Campbell has decided he wants to prove he's commited to his sport's minister's role & has told Cassidy he's playing centre midfield

mylestheslasher

I think Derry are going to sneak this. I think the bradleys have the beating of the Tyrone FB line, the key is getting the ball into them. I watched Derry and Tyrone in the league and thought Derry let Tyrone of the hook that day missing a 14 meter free going into the last few minutes. I think the hunger will be with Derry - Tyrone will have one eye on Sam. Derry can be got at 2-1, I'm going to have a few bob on them.