The spelling and grammar thread

Started by SidelineKick, May 28, 2009, 06:36:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SidelineKick

Why do so many people on this board not know how to use words like "there", "their" and "they're"; or "to" and "too".

Are a lot of people that stupid or are they just lazy? Maybe they just don't care.

F*ck it pisses me off.
"If you want to box, say you want to box and we'll box"

Reported.

Gnevin

Quote from: SidelineKick on May 28, 2009, 06:36:43 PM
Why do so many people on this board not know how to use words like "there", "their" and "they're"; or "to" and "too".

Are a lot of people that stupid or are they just lazy? Maybe they just don't care.

F*ck it pisses me off.
There their , your to easily pissed , sure live's two short . They're is more to life really

;)
Anyway, long story short... is a phrase whose origins are complicated and rambling.

Tankie

well me personally I am generally in work posting and do nothing have time to proof read my posts and there can be mistakes.
Grand Slam Saturday!

SidelineKick

Gnevin, the worrying thing is, I don't know if you're joking or being serious!
"If you want to box, say you want to box and we'll box"

Reported.

Gnevin

Quote from: Gnevin on May 28, 2009, 06:40:45 PM

F*ck it pisses me off.
There their , your to easily pissed , sure live's two short . They're is more to life really

;)

There there you're too easily pissed , sure live is too short. There is more to life really.
Marks out of 10?
Anyway, long story short... is a phrase whose origins are complicated and rambling.

ardmhachaabu

I think they are stupid SLK.  Another one of my bugbears is the confusion that seems to reign over the word of e.g. I should of done that - no you thick twat, the word you should use in that context is have
Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something

ziggysego

Testing Accessibility

ardmhachaabu

And another one, typically used by English people (I haven't heard any other nationality being guilty of this one yet)

'Such and such needs sorting' - no, you thick twat, what you should have said is 'Such and such needs to be sorted'

I could go on.
Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something

Treasurer

Quote from: Gnevin on May 28, 2009, 06:47:18 PM

F*ck it pisses me off.

;)

There there you're too easily pissed , sure live is too short. There is more to life really.
Marks out of 10?

Not quite ten G, if that's what you were hoping.

Gnevin

Quote from: Treasurer on May 28, 2009, 07:40:09 PM

F*ck it pisses me off.

;)

Marks out of 10?

Commas don't count they're a law on to themselves.

Treasurer

Quote from: Gnevin on May 28, 2009, 09:44:08 PM

F*ck it pisses me off.

;)

Marks out of 10?

Em... it wasn't commas - see Hardstation's post for a wee hint

Gnevin

Quote from: Treasurer on May 28, 2009, 10:58:29 PM
Quote from: Gnevin on May 28, 2009, 09:44:08 PM

F*ck it pisses me off.

;)

Marks out of 10?

Em... it wasn't commas - see Hardstation's post for a wee hint
Awe well 9/10 is still a A+  :D

Eoghan Mag

So can someone please spell for me the name of the nest an Eagle uses? (As far as I am aware there are 5 different versions.)

5 Sams

Quote from: Eoghan Mag on May 29, 2009, 12:21:58 AM
So can someone please spell for me the name of the nest an Eagle uses? (As far as I am aware there are 5 different versions.)

Eyrie
The Aristocrat Years