5 (4.2%)
Ian Parsley - Alliance
12 (10%)
None of the above
25 (20.8%)

Total Members Voted: 120

glens abu

Quote from: tyrone86 on June 05, 2009, 01:42:24 PM
Getting way, way, way ahead of things here, but on the off chance that Maginness does get the 3rd seat, how will that effect the dynamic in North Belfast in the General Election? Surely Gerry Kelly will never have a better chance, and if the TUV get involved...

yeah we are expecting Kelly to push very hard for that North Belfast seat next time also boundary changes should help us a little and we are winning over more sdlp voters in that area,a splip in the dup vote would be the icing on the cake.

Donagh

Counting hopes

Just back from the Kings Hall where the votes from Thursday's Euro election are being verified.
Ken Reid: Friday, 05 June 2009
Tags:

* Politics

So far six constituencies have been processed and the tallymen have been keeping a close eye on the numbers.

All agree Sinn Fein is on course to top the poll.

But the real story may be the downturn in the DUP vote and the impressive performance from the TUV's Jim Allister.

The turn-out so far is just under 45 per cent.
Article Continues Click here

Sinn Fein on the early evidence could be the only party to reach the quota.

The DUP should win the second seat but is unlikely to cross the quota line.

Indeed the party's vote could well drop from 32 per cent in the 2007 assembly election to around 20 per cent this time.

The Conservative-Unionists Jim Nicholson has polled well particularly in Jeffrey Donaldson's Lagan Valley.

But the real story may be the vote for Jim Allister who is in the mix for the third seat.

With the SDLP vote holding reasonably firmly, the battle for the third seat is likely to be the most interesting when the votes are counted on Monday.

We will have a greater handle on things when all 18 constituencies are verified.
Views: 16

© UTV News

Donagh

Rumours from the Kings Hall now are that the DUP have been trounced by the TUV in almost every box opened so far. Possibility now that they might not even get a seat. SF will be comfortably above quota on the first count (the only to do so). 

fred the red

Quote from: Ari on June 05, 2009, 10:15:37 AM
Quote from: Gaoth Dobhair Abu on June 05, 2009, 10:04:44 AM
Quote from: Ari on June 05, 2009, 09:57:05 AM
Quote from: Donagh on June 05, 2009, 09:35:56 AM
Quote from: Ari on June 05, 2009, 09:30:08 AM
Can't make libellous posts.  :)

But I suspect he doesn't dislike them for being dissident terrorists.  ;)

I think the most incredible thing I find here is you trying to make him out to be a decent guy. That's... insane.

You're oul hole. You know f**k all about Duffy except from the lies you've picked up in the press and OWC.

Yes, however you seem reluctant to tell me otherwise. Which indicates that he has something to hide, which is unsurprising.

The man is scum. The fact he is (was) a free man for so long is an embarrassment to the judicial system here.

I don't expect he will be again though. I think his latest antics has meant his past etc have finally caught up with him and he has finally screwed himself over.

It's people like you that would have had the Birmingham 6, Guildford 4 and Maguire 7 all executed after their sham trials!  >:(
If your going to condemn anyone at least have some shred of evidence to back up your allegations and insults!

Time will tell.  :)

I'm against capital punishment by the way.

The Birmingham 6 etc all took innocent life, executing them would have let them off easy.

How long will this imbicile last ?  ::)

Lecale2

Quote from: Donagh on June 05, 2009, 03:55:04 PM
Rumours from the Kings Hall now are that the DUP have been trounced by the TUV in almost every box opened so far. Possibility now that they might not even get a seat. SF will be comfortably above quota on the first count (the only to do so). 

I heard the same. DUP very worried.

tyrone86

Quote from: Lecale2 on June 05, 2009, 03:59:01 PM

:D    :D

Monday's going to be fun.

Gaoth Dobhair Abu

Don't be getting the balloons out just yet, have a feeling on Monday when transfers come into play DUP will poss just scrape in ahead of Alban.
Tbc....

armaghniac

McGuinness requires one of Allister or Dodds to be quite a bit ahead of the other.
If de Briun gets a significant surplus and if these people have the gumption to transfer to McGuiness then he could be ahead of Dodds, but you could then have Allister and Nicholson elected.

What do we draw from unionist support for Allister, protest vote in an election that doesn't matter too much or a real opposition to progress?   
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

fred the red

Quote from: Gaoth Dobhair Abu on June 05, 2009, 04:01:21 PM

Don't be getting the balloons out just yet, have a feeling on Monday when transfers come into play DUP will poss just scrape in ahead of Alban.

Still be funny to see diana dodds with egg on her face :D

Gaoth Dobhair Abu

Quote from: fred the red on June 05, 2009, 04:11:52 PM
Quote from: Gaoth Dobhair Abu on June 05, 2009, 04:01:21 PM

Still be funny to see diana dodds with egg on her face :D

Funny and an improvement!  ;D
Tbc....

Gaoth Dobhair Abu

Belfast South: 42.1%
Belfast West: 46.6%
Belfast East: 38.82%
Belfast North: 40.98%
Lagan Valley: 38.86%
South Down: 44.97%
North Down: 34.48%
Mid Ulster: 52.83%
North Antrim: 43.7%
East Antrim: 34.53%
South Antrim: 38.03%
Strangford: 34.24%
Tbc....

Maguire01

Quote from: armaghniac on June 05, 2009, 04:10:24 PM
What do we draw from unionist support for Allister, protest vote in an election that doesn't matter too much or a real opposition to progress?   

Difficult to know what way to read it. You'd hope it's not the latter, but given what happened to the Ulster Unionists, it could well be history repeating itself.

As much as Allister is a hateful ****, it would be highly entertaining if he pushed out Dodds. I wonder how much the DUP are regretting not putting up a credible candidate - it would be interesting to know how many people stayed away from Dodds because she doesn't have a clue.

Maguire01

Quote from: Gaoth Dobhair Abu on June 05, 2009, 04:50:30 PM
Belfast South: 42.1%
Belfast West: 46.6%
Belfast East: 38.82%
Belfast North: 40.98%
Lagan Valley: 38.86%
South Down: 44.97%
North Down: 34.48%
Mid Ulster: 52.83%
North Antrim: 43.7%
East Antrim: 34.53%
South Antrim: 38.03%
Strangford: 34.24%
Interesting reading. A definite pattern of low turnout in Unionist constituencies. West Belfast is surprisingly low.

Maguire01

http://www.votematch.co.uk/europe/

A very interesting tool - asks you where you stand on a load of European issues and then matches you to the candidate who best represents your views. If you answer the questions honestly, it should take the tribal element of voting out of it and show whether you're really voting for the right candidate for you.

ziggysego

Quote from: Maguire01 on June 05, 2009, 07:36:09 PM
http://www.votematch.co.uk/europe/

A very interesting tool - asks you where you stand on a load of European issues and then matches you to the candidate who best represents your views. If you answer the questions honestly, it should take the tribal element of voting out of it and show whether you're really voting for the right candidate for you.

Mmmh, the Green Party.

TUV wasn't even listed in the final tally....  ;D
Testing Accessibility