Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

goal and a point

"Dont see why there would be more suspended than those that got the red cards.  It was handbags mainly.  "

It happened just up from us- far from handbags - wasnt too many people involved did not fire a punch

Muzz

There was men at eachother - but the ref obviously couldnt pinpoint anyone in particular or more would have got the line. 

The fact that there is no television coverage of it how can they suspend anyone if they didnt see it on the night.

As for handbags - I'd class it as handbags since no one obviously got hit hard enough to need any attention afterwards.  There was men swinging but must not have connected.  No blood or anything.  Mickey Coleman was still lying in a heap during the whole fracas...doubt he was hit that hard!

l-iver

Quote from: Muzz on August 30, 2010, 10:30:14 AM
Dont see why there would be more suspended than those that got the red cards.  It was handbags mainly. 

Was there only Jerome there with his camera.  When the melee started against the wire there seemed to be a lot of fans getting involved.  Wylie was stupid for getting sent off.  Whatever happened in the Omagh dugout between Justy and Mickey Coleman - Justy was stupid to punch him in the kidneys when the ref was looking straight at it.

Gavin Teague took ribs out of Grugan off the ball as well.  Ardboe Number 4 (Sean Teague?) ended up going into the Omagh lads after the whistle too - maniac!  Think a few Ardboe boys went in and fished him out.

Was a hard game but dont think it needed to boil over quite like it did.  County men hard hitting on eachother.  On the night would say that Omagh deserved their win but would need to improve to beat Carmen.

The number 4 was Gavin Teague!!....He changed his shirt during the melee

tyroneboi

Quote from: Muzz on August 30, 2010, 10:41:09 AM
There was men at eachother - but the ref obviously couldnt pinpoint anyone in particular or more would have got the line. 

The fact that there is no television coverage of it how can they suspend anyone if they didnt see it on the night.

As for handbags - I'd class it as handbags since no one obviously got hit hard enough to need any attention afterwards.  There was men swinging but must not have connected.  No blood or anything.  Mickey Coleman was still lying in a heap during the whole fracas...doubt he was hit that hard!

All championship games are videoed so I would imagine last nights game would have been no different.

Muzz

If the camera work was as good as the PA system every one will get off  ;)

goal and a point

think county board cameraa was up beside the pa system

Muzz

Will have a good view of the melee then.

Norf Tyrone

One of Mickey Harte's- and the County boards- main gripes is about the use of TV evidence. His argument (And rightly so) is that the high profile games get more cameras and hence atrract more suspensions via the Sunday game etc. He added that if one game is videoed, surely every NL and All Ireland game should be scrutinised as well. Totally agree with him.

Surely the same rules apply here. I know there are cameras at every Championship game, but not at ACL games.

It was an aul skirmish, and it's attracted several pages of this and that. Perhaps it should be left now.

We moan about negative coverage of our games, and yet here we are....
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

sandwiches_in_the_boot

Quote from: Norf Tyrone on August 30, 2010, 11:29:30 AM
One of Mickey Harte's- and the County boards- main gripes is about the use of TV evidence. His argument (And rightly so) is that the high profile games get more cameras and hence atrract more suspensions via the Sunday game etc. He added that if one game is videoed, surely every NL and All Ireland game should be scrutinised as well. Totally agree with him.

Surely the same rules apply here. I know there are cameras at every Championship game, but not at ACL games.

It was an aul skirmish, and it's attracted several pages of this and that. Perhaps it should be left now.

We moan about negative coverage of our games, and yet here we are....

I'm sure I've seen cameras at a few ACL games, but even so everyone's on a level playing field in the c'ship so the Harte argument doesn't apply. Every senior c'ship team is subject to the same level of scrutiny. This "aul skirmish" could have been seen coming a mile off and proves that the camera's presence was justified. Ignoring the problem isn't going to solve anything.

I'd argue that Omagh haven't been subject to the same level scrutiny as other senior teams in past year or two anyway. I know what you're saying about negative coverage, but why should these two teams escape the punishments inflicted on other teams.
"A cynic is a man who, when he smells flowers, looks around for a coffin."
H. L. Mencken

rrhf

I wouldnt have cameras on the players - I think its time to put them on the referees, thon Brocagh clift would be shown up to some tune then..

on the sideline

Do suspensions picked up in championship matches (straight reds) carry over into league games, or just next championship games?

ziggysego

Quote from: Muzz on August 30, 2010, 10:30:14 AM
Dont see why there would be more suspended than those that got the red cards.  It was handbags mainly. 

Was there only Jerome there with his camera.  When the melee started against the wire there seemed to be a lot of fans getting involved.  Wylie was stupid for getting sent off.  Whatever happened in the Omagh dugout between Justy and Mickey Coleman - Justy was stupid to punch him in the kidneys when the ref was looking straight at it.

Gavin Teague took ribs out of Grugan off the ball as well.  Ardboe Number 4 (Sean Teague?) ended up going into the Omagh lads after the whistle too - maniac!  Think a few Ardboe boys went in and fished him out.

Was a hard game but dont think it needed to boil over quite like it did.  County men hard hitting on eachother.  On the night would say that Omagh deserved their win but would need to improve to beat Carmen.

FFS, when in doubt, blame a Greencastle man!!!  >:(

;)

Testing Accessibility

ceol agus peil

Tyrone intermediate championship  full time
Stabane 1-10
Newtownstewart 1-9
Sent from my iphone

sam03/05

Ronan O'Neill is some player, can anyone confirm what Joe Brolly said last week that he has just turned 16? Would that mean he has two more years at minor level? Find this hard to believe.

ceol agus peil

Sent from my iphone