Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tommo2

Quote from: LeoMc on May 03, 2010, 01:43:58 PM
Quote from: Zapatista on May 02, 2010, 07:07:56 PM
Quote from: ziggysego on May 02, 2010, 06:07:26 PM
Dromore 0-07 Greencastle 1-04

Great result for ye ziggy. Any reports?

A lot of Dromore players missing I hear.
Any word on Ricey for Sunday 23rd?

More importantly, I would wish Psycho well for a speedy recovery,

Did they not play with a full 15 players?

ziggysego

Quote from: Tommo2 on May 03, 2010, 08:47:18 PM

Yes, of course.
Testing Accessibility

give her dixie

Last night Edendork held the raffle for the new Volkswagen Golf.
The winner was Sean Coary from Dungannon.

Click on the link below to see the video of the draw.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Im9yb28PQU
next stop, September 10, for number 4......

MR99

Quote from: Tommo2 on May 03, 2010, 08:47:18 PM

No, at least 10 of them were sober ;) ;)

new devil

Quote from: Radda bout yeee on May 03, 2010, 07:22:53 PM
Kildress cookstown was an awful game... Cookstown were terrible Kildress were terrible! Cookstown brought puke football to a whole new level.... 13 men behind ball whole game Kildress dominated possession but couldn't get into any good scoring positions. Cookstown worked on the break and were rewarded with a couple of crucial goals. I have to say cookstowns play acting was disappointing and ginola going down like an Italian holding his face and getting Kildress man sent off was particularly difficult to watch. Is that were he got the name? It could be a long year for the tones i think.

Ginola is french  :P
Were you playing for the tones yesterday the blender??

sizzler

Quote from: new devil on May 04, 2010, 01:55:16 AM
Kildress cookstown was an awful game... Cookstown were terrible Kildress were terrible! Cookstown brought puke football to a whole new level.... 13 men behind ball whole game Kildress dominated possession but couldn't get into any good scoring positions. Cookstown worked on the break and were rewarded with a couple of crucial goals. I have to say cookstowns play acting was disappointing and ginola going down like an Italian holding his face and getting Kildress man sent off was particularly difficult to watch. Is that were he got the name? It could be a long year for the tones i think.

It was a very poor game RADA but to be fair the conditions were tricky. I was on the pitch for the reserve game and the wind was very deceiving. Made for a poor game. Cookstown are a better team than that. As for puke football......that was a consequence of the conditions in my opinion and not a strategy.
As for Ginola, did you see the incident or are you assuming by the Kildress players reaction that it was play acting??? From where i was i couldnt see it but the same kildress player was at it all day.

Final Whistle

If Joey McMahon gets a suspension arising from Sunday's antics in Omagh (word on the grapevine is big fines and numerous suspensions for both clubs) it won't rule him out of the Antrim game will it?

LeoMc

Quote from: Final Whistle on May 04, 2010, 10:40:39 AM
If Joey McMahon gets a suspension arising from Sunday's antics in Omagh (word on the grapevine is big fines and numerous suspensions for both clubs) it won't rule him out of the Antrim game will it?

My understanding is If it happened in club football it stays in club football. Any ban would be for club games only.

Onthe40

Quote from: LeoMc on May 04, 2010, 11:08:47 AM

My understanding is If it happened in club football it stays in club football. Any ban would be for club games only.

So could he be out of the club championship, which is what, 4 weeks away now?

Final Whistle

That was my understanding too, however, there is a ruling on the category of offence, headbutting/stamping/intentional kicking carries into inter county i believe.

What was it McMahon did? Does he merit a suspension? Did Hughes lose control of the game?

Final Whistle

Quote from: Onthe40 on May 04, 2010, 11:22:24 AM

So could he be out of the club championship, which is what, 4 weeks away now?

Yeah 4 weeks away, would be a big blow for Omagh. Word is that Justin won't be ready and won't be participating against Antrim as well. What position does Gallacher play for Omagh?

Radda bout yeee

Quote from: sizzler on May 04, 2010, 09:17:17 AM

It was a very poor game RADA but to be fair the conditions were tricky. I was on the pitch for the reserve game and the wind was very deceiving. Made for a poor game. Cookstown are a better team than that. As for puke football......that was a consequence of the conditions in my opinion and not a strategy.
As for Ginola, did you see the incident or are you assuming by the Kildress players reaction that it was play acting??? From where i was i couldnt see it but the same kildress player was at it all day.

Well i'll possibly concede that conditions dictated the style of play - possibly the cookstown methods on the line gave them a clear advantage and thresold to better adapt their play whereas kildress seemed to have no Plan B.
As for the ginola incident i did see it he seemed to grab the kildress players hand/arm and the kildress player struggled with him to get loose again and there was minimal contact on the body and he went down clutching his face. But i know the kildress player does generally play on the edge in most games but it was no sending off i think. Plus how does the ref give a second yellow for it - its either a red or nothing at all i wonder how he can justify the yellow.
Anyway cookstown won end of story! it makes me sad!

Radda bout yeee

The blender doesn't play GAA he just takes care of business out and about!

sizzler

Quote from: Radda bout yeee on May 04, 2010, 11:37:03 AM
Quote from: sizzler on May 04, 2010, 09:17:17 AM

Well i'll possibly concede that conditions dictated the style of play - possibly the cookstown methods on the line gave them a clear advantage and thresold to better adapt their play whereas kildress seemed to have no Plan B.
As for the ginola incident i did see it he seemed to grab the kildress players hand/arm and the kildress player struggled with him to get loose again and there was minimal contact on the body and he went down clutching his face. But i know the kildress player does generally play on the edge in most games but it was no sending off i think. Plus how does the ref give a second yellow for it - its either a red or nothing at all i wonder how he can justify the yellow.
Anyway cookstown won end of story! it makes me sad!

I said the same thing to the guy beside me. It was a straight red or nothing!! The ref took the soft option. Kildress i think have been unlucky with the teams they have had to play in the first four games. They are a better team than their league position would suggest. Its Ardboe for the rocks this weekend in Ardboe so that should tell a tale!!

Mr. Nakata

After the Gallagher incident Errigal were incensed and the game became heated. Gallagher who plays corner back was sent off in a case of mistaken identity. His brother plays full back and he was involved in a bit of horse play with McCann. When the ref sent off the wrong Gallagher he lost the plot and threw a haymaker which will correctly earn him a 3 month ban. The very last play of the game an Errigal man went in on McMahon late and he pushed him away, minimal contact. The lad went down like he'd been shot. He lay there and rolled about the pitch. The ref blew the whistle, cue 5 minutes of mayhem. At this stage a few more fists started to fly. There was talk that McMahon got sent off as well though I didn't see any card being flashed. With the club championship 4 weeks away on the Saturday, I believe, he'd miss the game if he gets a month, which would be harsh to say the least.