Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

orangeman

Quote from: DirtyDozen12 on February 17, 2010, 10:08:00 AM
Quote from: orangeman on February 17, 2010, 09:58:00 AM
Quote from: clarshack on February 17, 2010, 09:48:13 AM
tough draw for stewartstown in the JFC - beragh and if we win tattyreagh would be up next.

Beragh weren't fielding towards the end of the season last year.

Stewartstown realistically ought not to be in div 3.

My money will be on S'town to win the whole thing. You should have too much for this division.

People said the same thing about Dungannon last year, you never know the way a season pans out.  Stewartstown already have a tough draw, i would expect them to beat Beragh but the Tatts are no soft outfit on championship day.  Division 3 is a hard division to get out of, just ask Dungannon, there was talk here last year that they where going to win the Junior All Ireland  :-\

All true of course but I still fancy Stewartstown who 2 years ago were playing senior championship football.

wheres he takin er from

Quote from: DirtyDozen12 on February 17, 2010, 10:15:11 AM
Quote from: wheres he takin er from on February 17, 2010, 10:11:59 AM
Quote from: The Hammer on February 16, 2010, 11:24:45 PM
Quote from: Zapatista on February 16, 2010, 11:08:49 PM
Quote from: randomtask on February 16, 2010, 11:07:18 PM
Quote from: The Hammer on February 16, 2010, 11:03:35 PM
Dromore will destroy trillick....

thats an explosive first comment hammer. dromore may win but they will not be destroying trillick

They dealt with the raining champions last year without much fuss.

Clonoe were hardly good champions now...

WTF kind of a statement is that?

He means that in his opinion, Clonoe where not good Tyrone county champions for some reason.

Ahh thanks for the explanation my comedian friend
First on the field and last to leave

EC Unique

Quote from: hardstation on February 16, 2010, 11:48:42 PM
Are Errigal much use though?

Current League champions and it took Dromore 2 games to beat us by a goal on their way to the Championship last year.

I think we will beat Cookstown and will be disapointed with anything other than a Championship title ;)

Zapatista

Quote from: EC Unique on February 17, 2010, 11:29:53 AM
Quote from: hardstation on February 16, 2010, 11:48:42 PM
Are Errigal much use though?

Current League champions and it took Dromore 2 games to beat us by a goal on their way to the Championship last year.

I think we will beat Cookstown and will be disapointed with anything other than a Championship title ;)

It took you twice to beat Carrickmore too ;)

DirtyDozen12

When is the league fixtures released does anyone know?
Beer, now there's a temporary solution!!!

blewuporstuffed

Quote from: DirtyDozen12 on February 17, 2010, 11:37:53 AM
When is the league fixtures released does anyone know?
i think they are out today

ACL starts on sat 3rd april
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

nothingbettertobeat

clonoe are my outside bet for the championship again the year! clonoe were great champions, team that came off the radar which never normally happens.
"A champion is someone who gets up when he can't."

sandwiches_in_the_boot

Would it not make more sense to start the league a few weeks earlier, to avoid the annual winter  comedy club???

Tyrone won't be in league playoffs, less relegation  :-\.

While we're at, can we not scrap the club league play offs. You top the league, you deserve the title.
"A cynic is a man who, when he smells flowers, looks around for a coffin."
H. L. Mencken

Club Rossa

On the subject of Clonoe not being good champions,any team that beat Errigal,Carrickmore and Dromore on their way to lifting the cup is a fairly good team in my book!

orangeman

Quote from: Club Rossa on February 17, 2010, 12:03:07 PM
On the subject of Clonoe not being good champions,any team that beat Errigal,Carrickmore and Dromore on their way to lifting the cup is a fairly good team in my book!

Can't be argued with.

ziggysego

Quote from: cookstownblue on February 17, 2010, 08:30:17 AM
Ouch................my head

Been there mate. Totally worth it, isn't it ;)

Congratulations on the terrific win sir. I'm looking forward to the battle of All-Ireland's this year - Greencastle v Cookstown ;D
Testing Accessibility

wheres he takin er from

Quote from: sandwiches_in_the_boot on February 17, 2010, 11:59:48 AM
Would it not make more sense to start the league a few weeks earlier, to avoid the annual winter  comedy club???

While we're at, can we not scrap the club league play offs. You top the league, you deserve the title.

couldn't agree more
First on the field and last to leave

blewuporstuffed

Quote from: wheres he takin er from on February 17, 2010, 12:43:48 PM

couldn't agree more
well they have scrapped the league cups, so that should free up a few weeks during the year to get league fixtures run off quicker.
agree with the bit about if you finish top , you should win the league tiltle but
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

Zapatista

Quote from: wheres he takin er from on February 17, 2010, 12:43:48 PM

couldn't agree more

It's not the same to get a phone call saying you won the league due to a result from a game on the other sid eof the county. It makes it hard to fully enjoy winning it. It's probably hard to hear you lost it the same way.

Onthe40

Disagree, think TOP 4 league playoffs should stay.This year you had 2 good league semi finals and a showpiece league final occasion. This years top 4 were probably the top 4 teams in the division (outside of Dromore who just seemed to disregard the league) Also - its gives teams something to aim for, in stead of their season ending half way through when alot of them realise they cant top the league or they probaly wont get relegated - so effectively its season over if theyve nothing to aim for.