Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

l-iver

nothingbettertobeat

"A champion is someone who gets up when he can't."

Bensars

Quote from: tyrone86 on October 30, 2009, 11:49:01 PM
Quote from: longrunsthefox on October 30, 2009, 11:43:45 PM
Sounds like fun... wish I'd gone. Who got straight reds?
Aidy O'Donnell (I think, twas Errigal #14 anyway) for an incident with Mark Donnelly was a straight red, the 4 boys mentioned in the row were straight reds, Conor Gormley was 2nd yellow for nailing Pete Harte late - judging by his reaction he must have thought that yellow's from normal time didn't carry over, while Neil McGarvey was a 2nd yellow, I think, he nailed Paul Hughes late - Hughes went off injured shortly after.

I thought (open to correction) that extra time was a new game. For example a team with two sent off during normal time could restart extra time with 15 men. I would have thought that as it was a new game any outstanding cards would not carry forward

Archie Mitchell

This term "new game" regarding extra time is nonsense, as it was proved earlier in summer regarding the subs issue with the Kerry and Roscommon Minor AIQF. The only thing that changes for extra time is you start with your full compliment of players if you had a player sent off. Surely if it was a "new game", the score would be reset, new referee and officials, players who were sent off for 2 yellows should technically be able to play again etc etc. Alot of rules regarding extra time would need to be more clearly defined, as some teams will find a loophole and make a mockery of it.

Wee Roddy

Lads there is some crap going around the county about the game on Friday night.
Firstly it was a good game of football and I would have to ask where was the passion on display from our lads against Dromore in the championship that was evident in the past two games?
While the ball was clearly wide for Errigals second goal, our lads stopped. You always should play to the whistle!
The row itself it over in seconds. Realistically both teams are not physically challenged and there appeared to be more people seperating it than actually fighting.
Errigal looked fitter and only came back into the game when A few of the Carmen old heads tired. But the spirit and confidence showed in extra time by lads who never played much ball all year was great.
For the replay, with McCallan and Cunningham suspended, Colm McGurk and Paul Hughes almost certainly out, it will be a big ask. I think that Peter Loughran and Conor McAleer can not play on the one team so Clarke has a big call to make if Loughran is fit next week. McAleer ran the game for 45 minutes but Loughran has been running games all year so its a tough one.
Errigal people may be able to tell me why John Kelly doesnt start alot more. To me he is a great player and done very well when introduced the other night.

nothingbettertobeat

i was neutral and i dont know how u can say that there appeared to be more people seperating it than actually fighting ? its as bad as ive seen for a long time. i think john kelly had serious injury in first game of the season a dromore player took him out of it in drawn game and hasnt really been able to cement his place back in the side.
thought canavans team the other night was very poor made couple of very surprizing changes. errigal actually had a better team out in extra time than they did in normal time bar mcrory and mcginley that was lined.
who was the corner back that was marking rory mccann in extra time roddy? and another fella stephen kelly that was brought in for errigal? i spend most of extra time trying to work out who had been lined and replaced. was only after the game i heard mcgurk was injured. massive player for carmen. aidan mccrory best player on the park on the night by a country mile.didnt give ducky a sniff and hes been probably one the best player 3r4 players in tyrone this season.stepthen mc crory a close second!looks to be a real prospect

Rocky Mc Guigan

The row on Friday was the worst in Tyrone since these 2 squared up against each other in league play off in Fintona. We all remember what happened that day. How far do these incidents have to go before another tragedy happens on the football field?

gerry

After todays match being called of i can not see ricey boxing next saturday night
God bless the hills of Dooish, be they heather-clad or lea,

nothingbettertobeat

HE'LL probably leave the boxing to next sunday id imagine? :P

KIDDO 4

SAT 7 NOV
O'Neill's ACHL Final in Dungannon 1PM
Naomh ColumCille v Eire Og

O'Neill's ACL Div 1 Final replay (et if required) 2:30PM
An Charrig Mhor v Erigal Ciaran

SUN 8 NOV
WJ Dolan U21 Grade 3 Final 12:30PM
Aghyaran v Brackaville in Dunmoyle

DCR

Quote from: nothingbettertobeat on November 01, 2009, 05:56:30 PM
HE'LL probably leave the boxing to next sunday id imagine? :P

Clontibret Manager Brennan was not very complimentary to Ricey & Co in this weeks Gaelic Life. But I suppose he was just getting his retaliation in early!

Zapatista

I didn't see the GL this week but I heard about it. Big child. Made himself look stupid by all accounts.

Quote from: Wee Roddy on November 01, 2009, 12:25:21 PM
I would have to ask where was the passion on display from our lads against Dromore in the championship that was evident in the past two games?

The kind of passion shown on Friday night would be best kept away.

KIDDO 4

Mickey Harte
Manager of Tyrone Gaelic Football and Motivational Speaker

Mickey Harte is the current manager of the Tyrone Gaelic football team, and has so far led them to three All-Ireland titles, two Ulster titles, one National League, and four Dr. McKenna Cups. He is the most successful Tyrone inter county manager of all time.

Before he became the Tyrone Senior Football Manager he managed Tyrone Minors and U21's and won the All-Irelands with both these teams. The retired PE teacher was highly involved in the development of many of his current inter county stars at schools level and experienced great success with them. He also managed his home club of Errigal Ciarán and was successful with this team as well, winning the Tyrone County Championship and Ulster Club Championship.

Harte is renowned as one of the shrewdest and most cunning tacticians in the game today. His motivational skills and one-to-one management of players is something that has contributed greatly to his success as a manager. He bases his training sessions on practical, highly effective drills.

Mickey has delivered leadership and motivational talks to corporate clients all over the country including Opel Ireland, Bank of Ireland, National Irish Bank, Eco-Lab, Cornmarket Insurance and the Chartered Institute of Public Relations.

Would you like to talk to us about this speaker?

If you have an enquiry about this speaker, or would like to check availability for your event, please complete the form below and we will contact you as soon as possible...

Speaker :

Mickey Harte

Your Name :

Company Name :

Tel No. :

Email :

Date of your event:

Comments/Enquiry :

Best time to call :

Please enter
number shown:

[

Shamrocks forever

Good job errigal or carmen dont play in derry or the county board would prob ban both clubs for a year. Afte all we were ruined for getin no1 sent of in a game v kilrea take about the mafia.  >:(