Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tyssam5

Quote from: Tyrone Dreamer on September 19, 2009, 06:42:32 PM
Would Micky Garry not have been worth a trial with Tyrone? When fit he seems a very effective and strong player. Hard to know if he could step up a level though. What age is he now?

You have to fit the mold for Tyrone, all players need to be able to play to Harte's system. Think Garry might not have the passing skills etc, would have like to see him bounce off a few of the Cork men the other day though!

tyssam5

Missed Errigal free, leads directly to Dromore score - 3 pt game

ONeill

I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

usa07

ziggysego

Back from Greencastle and happy to see us progress. Marty Conway, John McCullagh and Enda Clarke played brilliantly. Thought Moortown to very rough at times, with 3 heavy hits on wee John. Collie Tuohey made two fantastic saves, but was eventually subbed half way throught 2nd half after a heavy hit.

Good performance, but wouldn't be good enough for Cookstown, but we have room for improvement and I think we can...

Met the fox. He was intoxicated as usual, roaring about Intermediate football being too high profile and it gets in the way of his favourite - hop scotch.
Testing Accessibility

longrunsthefox

Quote from: ziggysego on September 19, 2009, 07:57:36 PM
Back from Greencastle and happy to see us progress. Marty Conway, John McCullagh and Enda Clarke played brilliantly. Thought Moortown to very rough at times, with 3 heavy hits on wee John. Collie Tuohey made two fantastic saves, but was eventually subbed half way throught 2nd half after a heavy hit.

Good performance, but wouldn't be good enough for Cookstown, but we have room for improvement and I think we can...

Met the fox. He was intoxicated as usual, roaring about Intermediate football being too high profile and it gets in the way of his favourite - hop scotch.

well done Greencastle... missed that game tho.. senior game was tedious I thought. enjoyed Cathal McRory sticking the shoulder into Garry and spraying water at Colm McCullagh. He's a game cub.
Was that you Ziggy being dragged out the gate screaming, 'How are we going to stop Mugsy?!!'and your face four sheets to to the wind and the sweat lashing off you and woman and children running for cover...   

loughshore lad

Congratulations to Greencastle and Moortown.

First game saw Greencastle run out deserving winners.  Their superior strength saw them control the second half.

Dromore were always in control in the second game I thought.  They are coming to the boil nicely and are the team to beat in my opinion.  Very physically strong with a great defence and they can play ball too, some of the scores they got were extremely well worked.  McNabb had a great game coming out the field and handled a lot of ball as well as hitting a good score in the second half.

The constant running on and off the pitch from mentors and water carriers from both teams was joke. 

Archie Mitchell

Both winners very deserving tonight, but wasn't alot between the teams.

Greencastle had that bit extra experience and composure near the end to get the win. Don't think Cookstown will be worried though. Cookstown could give them a mighty hammering. Im not sure if this was a bad Greencastle performance or what, but from what I seen, I can't understand why they are near the top of the league. Though this is the first time I have seen them play.

Dromore will be hard to stop now. They brushed aside Errigal, who I though who had alot of possession but didn't do alot with it. Whereas any time Dromore got the ball, they used it well. Errigal are a few top forwards short of a good team. Was impressed with their defense and tackling throughout. McGinley was a big loss in playing in the full forward line instead of midfield, obviously feeling some after effects of last weeks injury.

2 interesting senior semi finals now, wont be much in either of them. Dromore and Carrickmore could be a real war of attrition and scores will be at a premium. Dromore to edge it. Would be expecting an Ardboe win, but you never know what could happen. Killyclogher turned them over at the same stage in 1999, but I can't see this Ardboe team being as complacent again and especially after coming through tough challenges in Moy and Omagh, think they will have enough to get past Killyclogher to make it through to meet Dromore in the final.

orangeman

Dromore have an awesome defence - any defence that holds a very good Errigal attack to only 7 points is mighty. This must be Errigal's lowest return all year. To be honest if Dromore had taken their chances, they'd have won pulling up. In saying that with only 3 points in it, Errigal could have nicked a draw and had a penalty chance turned down near the end.

Dromore have great physical strength and natural athleticsim.

Carmen will have their hands full.

Greencastle came with a wet sail playing the aid of the breeze in the 2nd half and needed 2 brillaint saves from their keeper to hold back a very determined Moortown side. Can't see them doing anything with Cookstown, but you never know.

KIDDO 4

Monday 21 September 7:45pm
Joe McGarrity League Cup Q/F
Brackaville v Tattyreagh in MUSA

Tuesday 22 September 7:45pm
Frank O'Neill League Cup Q/F
Pomeroy v Moortown in MUSA

Wednesday 23 September 7:45PM
Jim Devlin League Cup S/F
Clonoe v Omagh in Greencastle

Thursday 24 September 7:45pm
Joe McGarrity League Cup Q/F
Newtownstewart v Owen Roes in Strabane

Saturday 26 September
WJ Dolan Reserve Senior Football Championship Final 5PM
Errigal Ciaran v An Charrig Mhor in Galbally

Sunday 27 September
WJ DOLAN SHC FINAL
5:15PM              Eire Og v Eoghan Ruadh in Dungannon
WJ DOLAN JHC FINAL
3:30PM              Naomh ColumCille v Eire Og B in Dungannon

O'Neill's ACL Div 1 Rd 15 12:15pm and 1:45pm
Eglish v Dromore
Errigal Ciaran v Donaghmore
Galbally v Trillick
Kildress v Coalisland
Killyclogher v Clonoe
Loughmacrory v Ardboe
Moy v An Charraig Mhor
Omagh v Aghyaran

O'Neill's ACL Div 2 Rd 15 12:15pm and 1:45pm
Strabane v Augher
Killyman v Greencastle
Cookstown v Derrylaughan
Moortown v Killeeshil
Pomeroy v Gortin
Rock v Eskra
Stewartstown v Edendork
Urney v Clann na nGael

O'Neill's ACL Div 3 Rd 17 12:15pm and 1:45pm
Brackaville v Dungannon
Brockagh v Newtownstewart
Castlederg v Fintona
Clogher v Errigal Ciaran III
Derrytresk v ER O'Neills
Dregish v Drumragh
Drumquin v Tattyreagh

KIDDO 4

SUNDAY 4 October
WJ Dolan IFC S/F in Pomeroy
2PM:                An Chorra Chríochach v An Caisleán Glas
WJ Dolan SFC S/F in Pomeroy
3:30PM:           Árd Bó v Coill an Chlochair

WJ Dolan IFC S/F in Omagh
6PM:                Eiscreach v An Goirtín
WJ Dolan SFC S/F inOmagh
7:30PM:           An Charrig Mhor v An Droim Mhór

Zapatista

Well done to Dromore. It sounds like it was another great contest, pity I missed it.

Re Garry and Tyrone. Why not give him a run out. I'm sure Harte has looked at it. I do think Barry Collins has been better for Dromore though. I didn't see him yesterday but he was brilliant against Coalsiland and in last weeks game. He was fantastic all through the Championship last year too.

Dell

Wasn't a great game the real difference was Eoin McCusker he was superb against a very strong Errigal defence. Errigal a bit too young and light missed Davey and Peter Harte and Enda McGinley looked to be still carrying last weeks knock. Barry Canavan was very good for errigal. Ref bottled it on the penalty decision but in truth the best team won. 
Agree with loughshore lad the watter carriers trainers physios on the pitch is a real joke. Ryan Porter was never off the field and when linesman eventually told him to get off he F him off calling him a F-ing c***  and the linesman took it and walked away!
light travels faster than sound this is why some people appear bright until they speak

randomtask

can any one tell me when the provisional date for the county final is?

viiv

18th October i think it is set for.