Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

aroundincircles

Good that the younger lads are thinking that way ziggy aim high.

ziggysego

Definitely around, confidence breeds success. A good young team. I've no doubt we're going to have a good team and will break into Div 1 in the near future.
Testing Accessibility

nothingbettertobeat

i was very impressed with greencastle last season in the championship if they had a free taker they woulda probably beat trillick in augher, who eventually went on to win the intermediate championship.
with Stevie Quinn training them and probably the one of the best up and coming managers about in Sean Teague they will go very close.Teague seems to have brought alot of youth through the ranks in recent years and blended some experience.
they have probably one of the best young defenders about in Danny Mc Dermott and the two Clarkes along with Conways.should go close watch this space come
still think team to beat in that division this year is cookstown they seem to be to strong for that division but not strong enough for senior.
"A champion is someone who gets up when he can't."

clarshack

cookstown so far are reminiscent of the moy last year - they arent exactly setting the world alight but will still be one of the teams that are promoted.

ziggysego

Quote from: clarshack on April 17, 2009, 12:57:06 AM
cookstown so far are reminiscent of the moy last year - they arent exactly setting the world alight but will still be one of the teams that are promoted.

True, but Moortown were a sure beat to go up the year before and they're still in Div 2. Football's a funny old business.
Testing Accessibility

laceer

Quote from: ziggysego on April 17, 2009, 01:14:15 AM
Quote from: clarshack on April 17, 2009, 12:57:06 AM

True, but Moortown were a sure beat to go up the year before and they're still in Div 2. Football's a funny old business.

Killyman's last win.Have been a dangerous championship team this past 6 or 7 years. Can't get a run in the league at all

Family guy

Quote from: ziggysego on April 16, 2009, 11:12:49 PM
Definitely around, confidence breeds success. A good young team. I've no doubt we're going to have a good team and will break into Div 1 in the near future.

Ziggy wat drugs you on up there??? :D

RednBlack

Heard a rumour here in Cavan that Peter Donnelly stepped off the county panel. Is this true? I know he works here in Cavan as a Games Development Coach and it can't be easy giving the level of commitment expected in Tyrone as he has responsibility for a Development squad too.
"Winning isn't everything, but wanting to win is." -Vince Lombardi

Gaffer

Quote from: RednBlack on April 17, 2009, 11:18:44 AM
Heard a rumour here in Cavan that Peter Donnelly stepped off the county panel. Is this true? I know he works here in Cavan as a Games Development Coach and it can't be easy giving the level of commitment expected in Tyrone as he has responsibility for a Development squad too.

True. It was on UTV news yesterday.
"Well ! Well ! Well !  If it ain't the Smoker !!!"

orangeman

Strange timing - training all winter and this spring to depart virtually before the championship. But obviously he has his reasons.
Good luck to Peter - he had his critics but came into a Tyrone set up laden with stars who were established and it was always ( and still is ) going to be difficult to break into the team. Peter is one the game's real gentlemen. He has been a great servant to Tyrone, Jordanstown and Coalisland and leaves with a hatful of medals.

Tyrone accept Donnelly departure 

Tyrone have accepted that Coalisland's Peter Donnelly has retired from the county squad.

Manager Mickey Harte had been hoping Donnelly would change his mind about quitting but the player did not turn up for training on Thursday night.

Donnelly was in Tyrone's senior squad for a number of years but was unable to lay claim to a regular starting slot - particularly in championship matches.

He captained the Jordanstown side which won the to Sigerson Cup in 2008.

Zapatista

RednBlack

I agree with all ye have said. Have met Peter a number of times in Cavan and he is one sound lad. Cavan GAA are lucky to have him coaching here and I hope he stays for many years. If ye have any more spare like him send them down to us!!!!!
"Winning isn't everything, but wanting to win is." -Vince Lombardi

longrunsthefox

Peter Donnelly is mighty! He put his heart and soul into the Tyrone set up and has given a hell of a lot at minor, U21 and senior. Some remarks about him on this board at times were very nasty and he has also got a few snide touches from them eejits on Q101...shameful.
Peter is one of the good guys. Having met him on quite anumber of occasions he certainly is a gentleman. Good luck to him.   

aroundincircles

Peter Donnelly for sure is a gent has give a lot of commitment to Tyrone at every level over the years and represented himself with the greatest dignity one could ask for a real credit. Just a pity he just lacked that wee bit of a injection of pace needed for the highest level with his county. Good luck to him...

Redhandfan

Quote from: longrunsthefox on April 18, 2009, 10:16:32 AM
Peter Donnelly is mighty! He put his heart and soul into the Tyrone set up and has given a hell of a lot at minor, U21 and senior. Some remarks about him on this board at times were very nasty and he has also got a few snide touches from them eejits on Q101...shameful.
Peter is one of the good guys. Having met him on quite anumber of occasions he certainly is a gentleman. Good luck to him.   

I couldn't agree more.  Peter is one very sound fella and has been a great servant to Tyrone at minor, under 21 and senior level.  He is a very strong, committed and versatile footballer who was worthy of his place on the county senior squad.  The Fianna will benefit big time from Peter's decision to leave the county set-up as he will now be available for all of their games this year.  Any club in the county would love to have a player like Peter Donnelly on their team.