Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Radioulster

Some interseting results. Great win for Rock as apparently they have 5 or 6 main players unavailable. Derrylaughan got it easy against Clann Na Gael should be an interesting Championship tie. Good start for Cookstown in a tricky away fixture.

rrhf

I think we had the 2009 county finalists playing yesterday.  Errigal and Drmore are flying. 

clarshack

stewartstown v eskra was a dour encounter. i thought we were very poor and eskra deserved their win but i'd say most division 3 teams would have beaten us yesterday.

maco

Some very interesting results from all 3 divisions. Looks like each of them could be very tight this year.

O' Neill - what happened the Hill yesterday? That is one game they would have been expecting to win easily I'd say.

Deal_Me_In

Quote from: Norf Tyrone on April 05, 2009, 10:21:32 PM
The results today suggest that division 3 is going to be tight, with the  :o result being Dregish travelling to Derrytresk and taking both points, and as a sub plot good to see Dregish fielding at reserve level again this season.

Every game had less than 3 points between each teams, bar Glenelly's impressive eight point margin while hosting Brackaville. Will be interesting to hear the Drumragh, and Fintona posters thoughts on their games?

The Fintona V Beragh game was a very close game, Beragh started brightly with a score from Martin Rodgers within the first 30 seconds. It was a tough first half with Fintona edging it until Beragh dispossesed Fintona about 30 yards from their own goal and a couple of quick passes brought the games only goal just before half time. Teams were level a 0-7 to 1-4 at the break. It was Beragh who started brighter in the second half and had a 3 point lead going into the final 10 mins. Credit must be given to the Fintona management who made an important switch bring Donnelly from FB to MF and also bringing on some important subs. Fintona finished the game strongly outscoring Beragh by 5 points to nil in the final 10 mins. I have to say the referee (from Brocagh) was terrible for both teams, he blew for lifting off the ground about 20 times throughout the game when it was never. He also disallowed a pointed free from beragh when they were 3 points up, which the fintona umpire awarded.

P.S. A correction on the scores posted earlier the Reserve game ended in a draw: Fintona 0-11 Beragh 1-08

Wee Roddy

Boys and Girls is it just me or have referees not got a clue anymore? For example the Carrickmore goalkeeper hit a short kickout to a player yesterday and the referee blew the whistle for a hop ball. The goalie and the player who recieved the ball were insensed by the decision and asked him what was it for. He told them that the player was not outside the "d". He stood for about 30 seconds looking to find a Carickmore player to jump for a hop ball, and none would go in for it. The Carmen goalie then told him the rule is that you have to be outside the 21 not the "d". He then blew the whistle and told him to hit the kickout again much to the amusement of both sets of players and supporters.
It was the only thing amusing about both games which were played in a very poor state of sportmanship. I would ask Loughmacrory why they are paying a manager to travel from the Loughshore to The Lough to teach lads how to be negative, hit off the ball, pull 14 men behind the ball and act the "hard man"? Surely as a club they are better than that! The Carmen forward unit turned defenders over at least a dozen times because defender tried to bull out with the ball and was not strong enough to do so.
As for fighting in the crowd.................I SAW NOTHING

Final Whistle

Quote from: aroundincircles on April 05, 2009, 08:06:18 PM
Quote from: Redhandfan on April 05, 2009, 07:24:12 PM
There was plenty of drama and incident in Clonoe today for the meeting of the current County Senior champions and the 2008 Division Two league winners.  Philly Jordan scored a late equalising point for the Moy in a passionate encounter, although a draw was the least we deserved having come from five points down at one stage in the first half.  We had enough chances to win this game but, considering we were up against the O'Neill Cup holders in their own back yard, we will settle for a point!

Next up for the Moy....a meeting with Coalisland at Pairc Thír na nÓg on Easter Tuesday.
Draw prob fair result after that bit of a row sludden was not going to let it finish any other way. plus the main man who started the row got off scotfree.

Good to see that the Cassidy influence still emanating around Clonoe. With the amount of stamping incidents yesterday I thought it was not Clonoe players but Barry McGolderick on the field! I believe the county board should review security had this venue, no protection for referee or players!
Tommy Conlon, Ryan Mellon and the Clonoe No.5 the pick of the players in a highly entertaining encounter.

phpearse

Roddy if it was a wide ball then all players need to outside 21, if it was a score then players need to be 13 meters from kick i.e. outside arc

Wee Roddy

It was wide. Everyone knew the rule only the ref.  :D :D :D

orangeman

Strange set of results on the first day out - the highlight of which has to go to Moy getting a draw with Clonoe and probably could / should have beat them. We've Moy in the championship and they're going to be a huge obstacle to overcome.

It's going to be a fascinating month with these league games being as good as championship games.

blewuporstuffed

Quote from: Aaron Boone on April 05, 2009, 11:54:05 PM
Why was Errigal/Dromore a great game?
as a neutral thought it was a good game as well.more like a championship encounter than first league game.
hard hitting game with players on both sides walking a fine line at times.
county men stood out for both sides,harte & mcginley for errigal & mccarron,sean o'neill & mccullagh for dromore.
defenses pretty much on top,dromore missing mccusker with snowy not on form and errigal look short of a scoring forward.
both sides will be in the shake up at the end of the year but id say
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

Maximus Marillius

[/quote]

With him having his head down it is absolutely perfect for a ripping tackle that would knock him rotten :D :D

red knight

yea i have to say the ref had a very big affect on both our games yesterday. The ref in the senior gamewas dreadful he had a big affect on the last 10mins when fintona made there comeback. He frist waved a martin rodgers free kick wide when both the beragh man the fintona man on each side of the post give it as a point which at the time wood have put beragh 4 ahead with 8mins left. Then with about 5mins to go the ball ran out of play on the fintona 21 yard line and the beragh man picked i up to take a sideline ball and the ref blew him up for picking the ball off the ground. Very strange indeed but fintona went down feild and scored from the resulting free kick. Both of these ref mistakes did cost us. I hope thats the last we see of that ref this year

aroundincircles

Quote from: Final Whistle on April 06, 2009, 01:04:44 PM
There was plenty of drama and incident in Clonoe today for the meeting of the current County Senior champions and the 2008 Division Two league winners.  Philly Jordan scored a late equalising point for the Moy in a passionate encounter, although a draw was the least we deserved having come from five points down at one stage in the first half.  We had enough chances to win this game but, considering we were up against the O'Neill Cup holders in their own back yard, we will settle for a point!

Next up for the Moy....a meeting with Coalisland at Pairc Thír na nÓg on Easter Tuesday.
Draw prob fair result after that bit of a row sludden was not going to let it finish any other way. plus the main man who started the row got off scotfree.

Good to see that the Cassidy influence still emanating around Clonoe. With the amount of stamping incidents yesterday I thought it was not Clonoe players but Barry McGolderick on the field! I believe the county board should review security had this venue, no protection for referee or players!
Tommy Conlon, Ryan Mellon and the Clonoe No.5 the pick of the players in a highly entertaining encounter.
I do agree about security from field to changing rooms,things could have got out off hand yesterday and this is something by talking to a few high ranking club men last night we will be taking steps to close that area off. On the stamping incidents of which too my memory there where two i would like to think both were total accidents and unavoidable i know you probably will think different put i spoke to one of the players involved last night whom it would be total out off character to do this type of thing and he swore it was a accident i do not disbelieve him. But as i say i would be disgusted if i thought it was any other way. On another front it was very frustrating for our players and supporters alike to watch colm cavanagh philly jordan and to a wee bit lesser extent sean cavanagh dispute throw there arms out and huff and puff at every decision that went against them and martin sludden just take no action with them. Sludden actually told one of our players after the row that the moy will get a free when the ball goes up the field to a standard club player that just frustrates the life out off them and he cries favoritism right away. There where some very nasty tackles and off the ball fisty cuffs yesterday BOTH teams where to blame and i suppose we all take out of it what we want too and leave the rest behind. Just before the scuffle at the end philly jordan played the ball forward our number 14 blocked his run which should of been a free the ref played advantage to moy when they lost posesson he then stopped play but when our 14 blocked jordan, jordan pulled to the ground and would not let go that is when the fisty cuffs started he then books our 14 sends him off booked a sub of clonoe and lets jordan(who was alread booked)go scotfree. That was the bit that angered everybody around me. Take nothing away from moy they have four off the best club and county players in ireland and will be hard to beat on their day and deserved a draw yesterday and maybe more. But the huffing and puffing and poor me attitude will drive a lot off clubs mad before the season is over.

Knock Yer Mucker In

Quote from: Final Whistle on April 06, 2009, 01:04:44 PM

aroundincircles is spot on in his assessment of the things that really got up the noses of our supporters and players yesterday.
BTW Final Whistle you are one ass, what has cassidy got to do with yesterday. A hateful shit sturrer you are! You slabbered on here last year trying to tell all on sundry, who would listen to your inept knowledge, that Clonoe would not win the c'ship.