Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

longrunsthefox

Quote from: tyrone86 on March 10, 2009, 05:29:38 PM
Good to see the minor management take a more mature approach this season and just throwing the toys out of the pram by virtue of excluding the Omagh CBS lads rather than resigning en mass again  ::)

Bravo Mssrs Munroe, Keenan and McAnenly, a 1st round championship exit is surely an inevitability rather than potential back to back All Irelands.

Oh for the days when a Minor manager exercised a bit of common sense and was on the record as to telling lads that the Vocational Schools Championship and the MacRory from the Quarter Finals on were the biggest trials the lads would play.

They won the league, Ulster championship and All Ireland title last year but you seem to put more stock in losing finals Tyrone 86
You know what they say about begrudgers.

tyrone86

Quote from: longrunsthefox on March 10, 2009, 05:59:49 PM
Good to see the minor management take a more mature approach this season and just throwing the toys out of the pram by virtue of excluding the Omagh CBS lads rather than resigning en mass again  ::)

Bravo Mssrs Munroe, Keenan and McAnenly, a 1st round championship exit is surely an inevitability rather than potential back to back All Irelands.

Oh for the days when a Minor manager exercised a bit of common sense and was on the record as to telling lads that the Vocational Schools Championship and the MacRory from the Quarter Finals on were the biggest trials the lads would play.

They won the league, Ulster championship and All Ireland title last year but you seem to put more stock in losing finals Tyrone 86

How so? Where did I make any mention of losing finals?

Absolutely no begrudgery in it whatsoever, I want to see every Tyrone team perform to the best of its ability and be as successful as possible. The fact that at least 4 guys that would have been starting and another 3 panelists have been excluded means that this Tyrone Minor team won't reach anything close to the heights of last year, when one would expect them to be serious contenders with 2 Tyrone teams in the MacRory Final

Gaffer

Quote from: DirtyDozen12 on March 10, 2009, 06:29:59 PM
Anyone got the link for the 2008 club championship photos?  i heard teamtalk or someone had posted up a load on each club? 

http://www.photoboxgallery.com/3000373

"Well ! Well ! Well !  If it ain't the Smoker !!!"

longrunsthefox

Quote from: tyrone86 on March 10, 2009, 06:35:27 PM

Absolutely no begrudgery in it whatsoever, I want to see every Tyrone team perform to the best of its ability and be as successful as possible. The fact that at least 4 guys that would have been starting and another 3 panelists have been excluded means that this Tyrone Minor team won't reach anything close to the heights of last year, when one would expect them to be serious contenders with 2 Tyrone teams in the MacRory Final

Exlent  TYRONE 86  ::)

loughshore lad

Were all the CBS lads ommitted?  From memory Sean Warnock from Greencastle played full back in the McRory QF in Ardboe a few weeks ago and I see his name on the list?

orangeman

Quote from: loughshore lad on March 10, 2009, 09:13:07 PM
Were all the CBS lads ommitted?  From memory Sean Warnock from Greencastle played full back in the mCrory QF in Ardboe a few weeks ago and I see his name on the list?

Errigal Ciaran: Darragh McAnenely, Thomas Canavan

Both of these lads also lined out for Omagh last week.

go4goal

Quote from: orangeman on March 10, 2009, 09:31:14 PM
Were all the CBS lads ommitted?  From memory Sean Warnock from Greencastle played full back in the mCrory QF in Ardboe a few weeks ago and I see his name on the list?

Would it not have been Ronan McAnenely that lined out for Omagh CBS?

orangeman

Quote from: go4goal on March 10, 2009, 09:44:45 PM
Quote from: orangeman on March 10, 2009, 09:31:14 PM

Would it not have been Ronan McAnenely that lined out for Omagh CBS?

Is he the goalkeeper ?? It's the goalie I'm talking about.

tyroneboi

Quote from: longrunsthefox on March 10, 2009, 07:14:27 PM
Quote from: tyrone86 on March 10, 2009, 06:35:27 PM

Exlent  TYRONE 86  ::)

Always thought that was maybe the year he was born rather than any reference to the AIF 1986. Could be wrong though!

ziggysego

Quote from: KIDDO 4 on March 10, 2009, 04:52:45 PM

Find attached training panel for Ulster Minor league. training is this Thursday night in Greencastle at 7.30pm . Aghyaran:          Ronan McNamee
Ardboe:            Shay McGuigan
Augher:            Dara Donnelly
Beragh:           Eddie Molloy
Carrickmore:   Kevin Grogan, Michael Donaghy, Caolan Daly
Coalisland:      Dermot Thornton,
Cookstown:     Brian Kelly, Shea McGarrity
Derrylaughan: Liam Girvan
Derrytresk:      Niall Gavin
Donaghmore:  Mark Faloon,
Dregish:          Eamon McGovern
Dromore:         Sean McNabb
Dungannon:    Peter Muldoon, Keifer Morgan
Fintona:           Aaron McCarney
Gortin:             Brian McGarvey
Greencastle:   Sean Warnock, John McCullagh, Mark Carson
Killyclogher:     Danny Gorman, Tiernan McCann
Moy:                 Peter Mallon,
Naomh Mhuire:Niall Morgan, Harry Og Conlon
Omagh:           Ryan Clarke, Barry Tierney, Darren Bradley
Rock:               Conor McCreesh
Stewartstown: Michael Devlin
Tattyreagh:      Robert Porter         
Trillick:             Richard Donnelly

Good representation from Greencastle on the Minor Panel. Congratulations lads.
Testing Accessibility

longrunsthefox

Good representation from Greencastle on the Minor Panel. Congratulations lads.
[/quote]

I thought Greencastle was in Derry or Donegal,  Zigster  :P

KIDDO 4

What about the Greencastle banquet  no photos up yet .

ziggysego

We had a professional in doing them. Rest easy, I've been assured I'm getting copies for the website KIDDO. Fox, cheeky git lol
Testing Accessibility

An Fear Rua

Is the McCory on telly? might see if I can get the landlord to retune his sky box to bbc 6 counties if it is.
Its Grim up North

ziggysego

Quote from: An Fear Rua on March 13, 2009, 05:56:51 PM
Is the McCory on telly? might see if I can get the landlord to retune his sky box to bbc 6 counties if it is.

Got this from BBCi

--

13:00
Schools Cup Finals
Jackie Fullerton is at Ravenhill for the Schools' Cup Final. Commentary from Jim Neilly.

--

Hard to know, but I think so.
Testing Accessibility