Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rrhf

I dont see Errigal getting near them, but Carmen should put up a better proposition in the final.  I think Errigal are several years away from being a major power again.  Carmen will be close.

under the bar

QuoteI think Errigal are several years away from being a major power again.

Perhaps but their underage set up is immense and their minors would give most senior teams a run for it.

tyrone exile

Quote from: under the bar on November 20, 2007, 08:55:31 PM

Perhaps but their underage set up is immense and their minors would give most senior teams a run for it.

are you joking? do you mean junior teams or actual senior teams like arboe, killyclogher, kildress and clonoe etc.?

Nally Stand

I honestly think that is perhaps the most ridiculous comment i have ever read on this message board!  :D :D :D :D :D
"The island of saints & scholars...and gombeens & fuckin' arselickers" Christy Moore

Wee Roddy

Nally, we have 1 game left then. how do you reckon we will do. The lads are playing it down but surely they will want to win this more than any game in a couple of years

Onion Bag

I read an article the other day about Mickey Harte and the Tyrone Panel, He has apparently  freshen up the Training Regime, by introducing Dome Training. Can anyone enlighten me as to what Dome training is?  ;)
Hats, Flags and Head Bands!

orangeman

Dome training ? Dome Corrigan is taking it then ?

Onion Bag

Quote from: orangeman on November 21, 2007, 03:16:34 PM
Dome training ? Dome Corrigan is taking it then ?

Its Dome not Dome, You Dome head! ;)
Hats, Flags and Head Bands!

orangeman

lol - you didn't pick it up then ?  ;) :)

loughshore lad

Quote from: snappiered on November 21, 2007, 03:30:50 PM
Any word of when the draws for the Club Championships will be made?

Any more managerial appointments on the merry go round? See Doonan Gallagher with Edendork.

Orangeman/ Loughshore Lad I See Frank has a thing or two to say about the Ardboe job in 2007 in todays Tyrone Times. But wee Paddy is staying put.

What does he have to say?

DirtyDozen12

You have obviously never played senior football.  The gulf between minor football & senior football is pretty significant you will find and players who shine at minor level dint always go on to prove themselves at senior level.  You are obviously just some wee errigal minor who thinks there is no team, whether at senior level or youth would beat your so called 'invincible' errigal ciaran minor team.

Please go back to Hoganstand where you belong or better still get off the computer & go do your homework!!
Beer, now there's a temporary solution!!!

loughshore lad

Thats very debatable - Paddy was the manager the year before and they didnt win it. In fact some would say very poor decision making by Paddy played a major role in their exit from the 2006 championship to Coalisland. People in Ardboe are saying that this years about the manager "if X was manager they would have won the championship", its just idle explanation.

Dont be under any illusions Paddy McGuigan is staying with yous out of loyalty. It is well known he wanted the Ardboe job for 2008 and had sounded out a potential back room team. He is a good enough manager who will do ok for a club like loughmacrory (no disrespect) but its hard to know if he has what it takes to bring a team to a senior championship where even the smallest of margins can be the difference between success and failure.

loughshore lad

Quote from: Thastheball on November 21, 2007, 04:03:37 PM
Loughshore who is Arboes manager for 2008?

It wont be decided until the AGM at start of December.

Wee Roddy

Snappiered, did Magee play any football for you this year. Who were the main men and do you think any will get a club allstar

loughshore lad

Quote from: Thastheball on November 21, 2007, 04:08:04 PM
Quote from: loughshore lad on November 21, 2007, 04:05:22 PM
Quote from: Thastheball on November 21, 2007, 04:03:37 PM
Loughshore who is Arboes manager for 2008?

It wont be decided until the AGM at start of December.

Will they go inhouse or out?

Its hard to know.  They started last year with a very high profile manager (Roger Keenan) who left early in the season after a bad run of results and a local guy Malachy Coyle (ex player and has managed clubs including Ballinderry, Loup, Derrylaughin) came in and they slowly turned the thing round.  From what I can gather a lot of the players are very keen for him to continue. They have had a number of external managers over the year but there is a growing consensus to appoint an internal man. However if an external candidate expressed an interest I would say they would be considrered.

Maybe you would be interested?  ;D