Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cheltenham Fun

I doubt I have hit a nerve with some people on here by saying Omagh have no balls. I joined this forum to give me honest opinions and that's what I am doing. I certainly not going to sit on the fence and blow smoke up people's rear ends. I can honestly take Critism about my on club and know our team has it faults. We are not as strong as teams gone by but I think that has maybe got to do with us being a victim of our own success in the '00s and '10s. Our youth teams maybe didn't get the attention they deserved. That has now changed and paying dividends with some successfully underage teams coming through.

My point about Omagh is that they tend to lose big games that are tight. They are under achievers in my eyes. They have I think 6 county men ( I know 1 is injured) some ex county men plus a collection of players that played underage football for Tyrone. They have enough talent to be dominating club football in Tyrone but they are not.  They led twice in this past 2 weeks against a clonoe going into injury time but couldn't finish the game off. To me omagh have more talent than clonoe but couldn't win. The reason being in my opinion is they hadn't got the balls to go on do it. If this upsets a few people on here than so be it. This is a common perception among people in Tyrone.

delgany

Its  more  the case  that  they  were  leading  but the ref played for draws in both matches and they were robbed !saying that they should've had experience to close out the game. Fair play to clonoe  for grabbing the opportunity presented to them by both refs

vallankumous

Quote from: Wee Roddy on September 14, 2016, 06:04:03 PM

Secondly whatever the result on Saturday,  one thing you can be sure of is that whoever wins will have the support of the loses to go all the way. Two great clubs who always experience highs and lows in their traditions but always bunch back. Kick Carmen when they are "down" because they love it and you all know they will be at the head off the top table they dine at very shortly. No one has a right to win all the time and our club certainly doesn't expect too!

That's just nonsense.
No one has a right to win any of the time. The sense of entitlement is sickening.

Wee Roddy

Helpline

Agree!  clubs likes of Clonoe and Carrickmore have a great and proud tradition and are central to the strengths of the GAA in Tyrone  just like every other parish club from senior to junior levels.
The first half was even, the second half was even worse

ose 14

cheltenham see your captain/manager conor gormley has stated local press that carrickmore have being working on their mental weakness after their harrowing defeats to the balless omagh the last 2 years. im not suggesting anything here just making an honest appraisal of your leaders remarks. 8)

Cheltenham Fun

Quote from: ose 14 on September 15, 2016, 09:42:18 AM
cheltenham see your captain/manager conor gormley has stated local press that carrickmore have being working on their mental weakness after their harrowing defeats to the balless omagh the last 2 years. im not suggesting anything here just making an honest appraisal of your leaders remarks. 8)

Captain/manager???

If You believe all you read you will eat all you see Ose. Don't think last years result had anything to do with mental toughness but as to the shambles of a managerial setup we had. As stated before I accept my teams weaknesses and we address them instead of burying our head in the sand and Thinking they don't exist.

vallankumous

Quote from: Wee Roddy on September 15, 2016, 08:42:24 AM
What is nonsense about it?

I remember in the mid 00s when the power shifted away from Carrickmore and EC. Suddenly these two big rivals became eachothers biggest supporters talking about tradition and the 'big two' and all sorts of nosense. It seems Carrickmore are still clinging to that with other clubs.
It became a love in for the two clubs who hated to see one slip down the ranks so they backed eachother and referred to themselves as the 'big two' for the next 10 years.

Carrickmore might win another Championship, they might not. Trillick were King pins yet it took a 25 year gap for them to win last year. It's been 17 years for Ardboe. There is no system or big two or three and tradition means nothing anymore when it comes to winning Championships.

WBF

Quote from: vallankumous on September 15, 2016, 10:17:01 AM

I remember in the mid 00s when the power shifted away from Carrickmore and EC. Suddenly these two big rivals became eachothers biggest supporters talking about tradition and the 'big two' and all sorts of nosense. It seems Carrickmore are still clinging to that with other clubs.
It became a love in for the two clubs who hated to see one slip down the ranks so they backed eachother and referred to themselves as the 'big two' for the next 10 years.

Carrickmore might win another Championship, they might not. Trillick were King pins yet it took a 25 year gap for them to win last year. It's been 17 years for Ardboe. There is no system or big two or three and tradition means nothing anymore when it comes to winning Championships.

Its called 'Respect'

Cheltenham Fun

Quote from: vallankumous on September 15, 2016, 10:17:01 AM

Carrickmore never considered themselves or called themselves the big 2 and I don't think errigal did either. This is something that the media put out there. Nobody is suggesting that tradition wins you championships either. The problem with being a successful club is that people look on at you with a touch of envy and will use or say anything to put you down. People should use there own eyes and ears to make there own judgements and stop listening or reading crap that people make up.

In hiding

It will be a lot quieter on here next week. Id say cheltenham will disappear just as quickly as he appeared...
'16 for 16.... nah don't think so

Cheltenham Fun

Quote from: In hiding on September 15, 2016, 11:14:10 AM
It will be a lot quieter on here next week. Id say cheltenham will disappear just as quickly as he appeared...
'16 for 16.... nah don't think so

😂 I am here to stay

vallankumous

Quote from: WBF on September 15, 2016, 10:49:21 AM

Its called 'Respect'

To help me understand that better can you explain this and give an example where there is no respect?

I like to think I've great respect for Carrickmore. They have a feast of achievements and a fantastic club set up. I have great respect for the work they have done to get all that. I don't have an expectation for them to win more due to past achievements nor will I give them automatic praise disguised as respect.

WBF

Quote from: vallankumous on September 15, 2016, 11:26:55 AM
Quote from: WBF on September 15, 2016, 10:49:21 AM

Its called 'Respect'

To help me understand that better can you explain this and give an example where there is no respect?

I like to think I've great respect for Carrickmore. They have a feast of achievements and a fantastic club set up. I have great respect for the work they have done to get all that. I don't have an expectation for them to win more due to past achievements nor will I give them automatic praise disguised as respect.

Sorry should have been more clear, I was referring to it being said about the two biggest rivals becoming the two biggest supporters and claiming that Carrickmore are clinging to other clubs! I see that more as having respect for the other clubs not trying to cling on to their success!

WT4E

Quote from: WT4E on September 13, 2016, 10:15:25 AM
Was waiting for confirmation of the fixtures in the Truth this morning before saying anymore but can't believe the county board has fixed the two senior championship matches for Edendork. No discredit to the Edendork club who have a fine pitch and great club rooms but no stand is an issue at this time of year for what should be a big crowd. Heree's a list of possible venues for the game:

Pomeroy
Dumoyle
Omagh
Dungannon
Killyclogher
Galballly
Loughmacrory
Augher
Edendork

Out of all the possible 9 venues the county board manage to pick the only one without a covered stand and with rain nearly certain its a pity for the supporters.

I see the forecast has changed - I might not go now if its good weather won't have anything to complain about!

Or wait how come the game is being played so close to coalisland?

The blues will hardly take the bus to this game?