Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

laceer

Quote from: Tyrone Gaa on February 23, 2016, 10:40:18 AM

The last update posed in this forum!!  These blanks filled yet?

2016 Club managers

Division 1/SFC

Ardboe     Rouse/Coney
Augher
Carrickmore       mc elroy/loughran
Clonoe         cassidy
Coalisland    McKeever
Dromore    Meenagh
Edendork
Eglish.        Collie Holmes
Errigal Ciaran       pascal canavan
Galbally         Beattie
Greencastle     Tracey
Kildress        dillon
Killyclogher
Omagh         Strain
Strabane       Mc Nulty
Trillick          Seaney

Division 2/IFC

Aghaloo
Aghyaran        Mc Ginnity
Brackaville
Cookstown      Audi Kelly??
Derrytresk Paul Conway
Derrylaughan  O'Hagan/B Quinn
Donaghmore   Gary and Richard Hetherington
Dungannon
Eskra
Gortin
Loughmacrory heard today that new manager is Scullion from Bellaghy? First name escapes me.
Moortown
Moy
Pomeroy     Harte & O'Donnell
Stewartstown O'Kane
Urney           Langan

Division 3/JFC

Beragh
Brocagh John Feeney
Castlederg
Clann na nGael
Clogher
Dregish
Drumquin       Mc Girr
Drumragh       Gallagher
Errigal Ciaran III
Fintona
Glenelly        Mc Connell
Killeeshil
Killyman       Kevin Hughes
Newtownstewart
Owen Roes
Rock
T***yreagh  McHugh(Brackaville)

A couple of div 3 blanks filled in.

tv pundit

I see in today's irish news that tyrone have tabled a motion at congress which will allow county teams more than the current 13 days exclusive control of county players before inter county championship games.
Wtf, does mickey harte feel the clubs shouldn't have any access to their players at all during the summer. This stinks, I'd love to hear what the mickey harte fan club on here think about this

blewuporstuffed

Quote from: laceer on February 23, 2016, 10:52:55 AM
Quote from: Tyrone Gaa on February 23, 2016, 10:40:18 AM

2016 Club managers

Division 1/SFC

Ardboe     Rouse/Coney
Augher     Colm Courtney
Clonoe         cassidy
Coalisland    McKeever
Dromore    Meenagh
Edendork
Galbally         Beattie
Greencastle     Tracey
Kildress        dillon
Killyclogher
Omagh         Strain
Strabane       Mc Nulty
Trillick          Seaney

Division 2/IFC

Aghaloo
Brackaville
Derrytresk Paul Conway
Dungannon
Eskra
Gortin
Loughmacrory heard today that new manager is Scullion from Bellaghy? First name escapes me.
Moortown
Moy
Stewartstown O'Kane
Urney           Langan

Division 3/JFC

Beragh
Brocagh John Feeney
Castlederg
Clann na nGael
Clogher
Dregish
Drumquin       Mc Girr
Drumragh       Gallagher
Errigal Ciaran III
Fintona
Killeeshil
Newtownstewart
Owen Roes
Rock

I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

The Golden Years

Quote from: WT4E on February 22, 2016, 03:40:01 PM
Well it was discussed before and there had been a rumour going around that Omagh pleaded to get into to division 2 because they didn't think they could win div 1 which IMO goes against all grading principles!

I dont think Omagh wanted to go to grade 2 because they didnt think they would win grade 1.  They wanted to go because they wanted to be competitive.  IMO this present Omagh minor team wouldnt win the grade 2 either.  This is not me being disrespectful to Omagh either.

time ticking away

Quote from: tv pundit on February 23, 2016, 11:12:23 AM
I see in today's irish news that tyrone have tabled a motion at congress which will allow county teams more than the current 13 days exclusive control of county players before inter county championship games.
Wtf, does mickey harte feel the clubs shouldn't have any access to their players at all during the summer. This stinks, I'd love to hear what the mickey harte fan club on here think about this

Is this true?
Surely the county board don't think this is a good idea. If their new proposals on changing the leagues to 4 x 12 teams don't go through then the league as it stands would never be finished. This way only 5 starred games could be played between early May and when Tyrone seniors finish up which could be mid August or mid September. Throw in 6 weeks to run off the club championships and we could be left with the scenario of 6 or 7 league games plus league playoffs and finals left to be played from late October onwards.
canavan is the man canavan is the man ee aye adi ooh.......

time ticking away

2016 Club managers

Division 1/SFC

Ardboe     Rouse/Coney
Augher     Colm Courtney
Clonoe         cassidy
Coalisland    McKeever
Dromore    Meenagh
Edendork
Galbally         Beattie
Greencastle     Tracey
Kildress        dillon
Killyclogher    Dom Corrigan
Omagh         Strain
Strabane       Mc Nulty
Trillick          Seaney

Division 2/IFC

Aghaloo
Brackaville
Derrytresk Paul Conway
Dungannon
Eskra
Gortin
Moortown
Moy
Stewartstown O'Kane
Urney           Langan

Division 3/JFC

Beragh       Enda Kilpatrick
Brocagh John Feeney
Castlederg     Dermot Corry
Clann na nGael
Clogher
Dregish       Mickey Rea
Drumquin       Mc Girr
Drumragh       Gallagher
Errigal Ciaran III
Fintona       The Bros Mc Cloughan
Killeeshil
Newtownstewart
Owen Roes
Rock

[/quote]
[/quote]
canavan is the man canavan is the man ee aye adi ooh.......

WT4E

Quote from: The Golden Years on February 24, 2016, 10:06:53 AM
Well it was discussed before and there had been a rumour going around that Omagh pleaded to get into to division 2 because they didn't think they could win div 1 which IMO goes against all grading principles!

I dont think Omagh wanted to go to grade 2 because they didnt think they would win grade 1.  They wanted to go because they wanted to be competitive.  IMO this present Omagh minor team wouldnt win the grade 2 either.  This is not me being disrespectful to Omagh either.

I think most would agree the U16 Omagh team that won the U-16 Grade 2 double would have been very competitive in division 1 - they probably would not have won it but they would definetly not have finished last.

For a team like omagh to win so much at U-16 in grade 1 in the recent past to ask to drop to division 2 last year was bad form IMO.

If this principle was allowed and applied for every team there would only be 6-8 teams in div 1 every year.

Your club has a grade 1 only policy I would say you had many a manager with the temptation of dropping a grade to walk to a title but didn't do it!

Mikhailov

I agree with most of what has previously been said about the various teams and grades in youth football but for me the big issue when deciding all of this is numbers...most clubs at any grade have half a dozen quality players who would hold their own in grade 1 but the issue comes down to what is after that not specifically in terms of quality but in terms of numbers. I would say that the vast majority of grade 1 teams have 20+ players for every game whereas this drops as you go down the grades. The difference between bottom of GR1 and top of GR2 and also GR2 and GR3 is not much in terms of quality but it is in terms of numbers available at that specific age group. If the team in top end of GR2 were to avoid injury, holiday issues and possible player suspensions all year then they would be competitive in GR1 but if they suffered any injuries, holiday issues or suspensions then they would have difficulty fielding a team never mind being competitive and that is where I see the main difference. The drop in numbers for the smaller clubs is critical whereas the bigger clubs can cope with the odd player drop off - that is why I find it unbelievable that Omagh were in GR2 at U16 last year...

Some clubs just done have the numbers and are in the grade they are in due to this factor, not the quality of their squad. I think this year at grades 2,3 and 4 the option is there to play 13-a-side if agreed upon between the clubs if I am reliably informed.

square_ball

driveherin

Kevin Hughes is an Eglish man...otherwise known as Pogo....

laceer

Did I read here that league fixtures are being released this week? Will Championship be announced as well?
There's nothing like the anticipation leading up to a new season, no matter how the previous campaign may have finished.

healypark

Quote from: WT4E on February 24, 2016, 11:05:00 AM
Quote from: The Golden Years on February 24, 2016, 10:06:53 AM

I think most would agree the U16 Omagh team that won the U-16 Grade 2 double would have been very competitive in division 1 - they probably would not have won it but they would definetly not have finished last.

For a team like omagh to win so much at U-16 in grade 1 in the recent past to ask to drop to division 2 last year was bad form IMO.

If this principle was allowed and applied for every team there would only be 6-8 teams in div 1 every year.

Your club has a grade 1 only policy I would say you had many a manager with the temptation of dropping a grade to walk to a title but didn't do it!

God almighty WT4E, you keep banging this drum.
Here are a few facts you omitted. As you aware and carefully not mentioned, Kildress U16s beat Omagh U16s home and away in 2015 Grade 2B league section. Your beloved Wolfe Tones topped the group on 15 points with Omagh squeezing into the league playoffs in 4th place on 9 pts. In fact, Omagh lost more games in this section than won (w4, l5, d1 against Kildress w7, l2 d1). Not the form of a Grade 1 team playing at a Grade 2 level. Pomeroy who came 5th in the same section and 9pts behind Kildress are plying their trade in Minor Grade 1 as well this year.
Looking at this U16 Grade 2B table year end, most observers would think the table toppers would challenge themselves at a higher grade the next year which would better equip the 2017 Kildress minors when they goto Grade 1 having topped Grade 2B league section in 2015. Omagh U16s in 2014 never won a game in Grade 1 league and championship. Omagh U14s in 2013 played at Grade 2. Loughmacrory defeated them by 20 points+. Again not the form of a Grade 1 team.
Like all clubs we strive for teams to be Division 1 / Grade 1 but just have to accept that some years and squads will be stronger than others. Then the intention is to get them competitive at that level and push on and develop at the higher level. T'is now 2016. Goodbye!!

WT4E

I lost you at god almighty! lol

Listen Omagh were the best team in Div2 last year and deserving winners.

What would you say was the factor between so many defeats early on to the fact that you's looked very convincing at the end of the season?

My overall point would be this I honestly think large towns should always compete in division 1 by mere numbers they should have the strongest squads at youth.

GlenMan

Quote from: WT4E on February 24, 2016, 01:30:15 PM
I lost you at god almighty! lol

Listen Omagh were the best team in Div2 last year and deserving winners.

What would you say was the factor between so many defeats early on to the fact that you's looked very convincing at the end of the season?

My overall point would be this I honestly think large towns should always compete in division 1 by mere numbers they should have the strongest squads at youth.

Any thoughts on which Minor teams are likely to win league or championship's this year? Certainly quite a few Clubs with a big shout.

LeoMc

Quote from: tv pundit on February 23, 2016, 11:12:23 AM

Did you read the motion or the rule book?

(54)
That Rule 6.21 (c) – Inter-County Players Availability to Clubs - Official Guide Part 1 (page 89) be deleted.
Coiste Chontae Thír Eoghain;  Realt na Mara, Bundobhráin, Dún na nGal

6.21(c) specifies when inter-county players can be expected to fulfil club championship games prior to inter-county championship games.