Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LeoMc

Quote from: Club boi on October 24, 2014, 12:16:52 PM
Ask any Killyclogher or any club footballer would they rather win the League Or Championship??

Case Closed

Ask anyone would they rather have £1m or £2m?
Doesn't mean they wouldn't want £1m

Wee Roddy

In league last year Carmen beat Dromore, Clonoe, Coalisland, Killyclogher and drew with Errigal. They beat Dromore in the league semi in Dromore. They beat Coalisland in the championship in getting to the final. This year they were the better team and very unlucky in co final. How that makes us 6th best is beyond me. Name 5 better clubboi

longballin

Ridiculous top dismiss the league like that. Last number of finals have been very competitive and great celebration after. Any glipe knows championship is the main competition but it is great to win the league...   

Tommo2

Quote from: longballin on October 24, 2014, 02:15:44 PM
Ridiculous top dismiss the league like that. Last number of finals have been very competitive and great celebration after. Any glipe knows championship is the main competition but it is great to win the league...   

Killyclogher are very proud of their previous league win. It seems Dromore also put a strong empahsis on league victories as well. The previous victories have lead to very good periods in their recent history in terms of championship victories.

Tyrone Gaa

Audi Kelly and Paul Rouse won't dismiss a league title when it comes to applying for their next post.  The league is there to be won. It's as big a celebration as winning the championship.  Obviously it doesn't have the significance or prestige to the outside world but within the club structure its one of the 2 county titles available.  Dromore will be all out to win and afterwards whoever wins there will be celebrations long into the night.
Living the dream!!!

Club boi

Quote from: Wee Roddy on October 24, 2014, 02:03:58 PM
In league last year Carmen beat Dromore, Clonoe, Coalisland, Killyclogher and drew with Errigal. They beat Dromore in the league semi in Dromore. They beat Coalisland in the championship in getting to the final. This year they were the better team and very unlucky in co final. How that makes us 6th best is beyond me. Name 5 better clubboi

I was referring to Ardboe as possibly 6th best. On current squad and teams the top are -

Omagh
Dromore
Clonoe
Carrickmore
Coalisland
Killyclogher

Fuzzman

The Beard

Club bois point was any management team wouldve walked carmen to county final which is true. Played 2 team involved in relegation battle and ardboe who struggled this year. And as for being a better team in final. Its an irrelevant point. Didnt have the class to finish your chances. It could be argued augher were the better team and only for the ref would be beat. Swings and roundabouts.

GJL

Quote from: Club boi on October 25, 2014, 07:32:50 PM

I was referring to Ardboe as possibly 6th best. On current squad and teams the top are -

Omagh
Dromore
Clonoe
Carrickmore
Coalisland
Killyclogher

I would argue that Errigal would justify a place in there but everyone is entitled to an opinion.

winghalfback

So was it a case that Dromore didn't want to win a stupid league title? Killyclogher are hardly celebrating tonight either I suppose?

Wee Roddy

Quote from: The Beard on October 26, 2014, 01:20:07 PM

Club bois point was any management team wouldve walked carmen to county final which is true. Played 2 team involved in relegation battle and ardboe who struggled this year. And as for being a better team in final. Its an irrelevant point. Didnt have the class to finish your chances. It could be argued augher were the better team and only for the ref would be beat. Swings and roundabouts.
[[/quoteHow is it irrelevant. Only for the sending off Carmen would have wo
n. I'm not complaining about it. We have won like that ovwe the years too

SuperHo

Partys on in killyclogher alright. It means a great deal to the lads and the whole club.  The effort put in by both sides was immense. There was even a bit of tom foolery after the final whistle. That showed what it meant. Killyclogher better on the day. Showed how much we missed wee sparky n mccann in the sfc. Senior titles dont come around that often.  Happy nuff say!

winghalfback

Quote from: SuperHo on October 26, 2014, 11:02:53 PM
Partys on in killyclogher alright. It means a great deal to the lads and the whole club.  The effort put in by both sides was immense. There was even a bit of tom foolery after the final whistle. That showed what it meant. Killyclogher better on the day. Showed how much we missed wee sparky n mccann in the sfc. Senior titles dont come around that often.  Happy nuff say!

congratulations enjoy your county title and celebrations im sure they will go on a day or two . Some boys on here would have ye believe the league is a worthless title but your lads will now say all the hard work and effort put in has been worth it especially since your early championship exit.

rrhf

Well  done kill clog her. They deserve ed it this year . 

Aaron Boone

Quote from: rrhf on October 26, 2014, 11:18:58 PM
Well  done kill clog her. They deserve ed it this year .

I would have bet a 100 on Dromore. Maybe more.