Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

skeog

if killyclogher would have had 20 players on the field dromore would still have beat them load of bull that cathal o hagan or martin sludden had any other motives when in charge of their games the weekend grow up

inroundthesquare

Quote from: on the sideline on June 04, 2014, 12:15:29 AM
ACL Div 1 & Div 1 Reserve

Carrickmore vs. Moy
Errigal Ciaran vs. Ardboe
Clonoe vs. Eglish
Cookstown vs. Eskra
Dromore vs. Strabane
Moortown vs. Donaghmore
Augher vs. Coalisland
Killyclogher vs. Omagh (4.30pm & 6.00pm)

I take it these are starred games?

If so why are Eskra and Coalisland being made to play without their county men against two sides who will have their full compliments available? Hardly fair. Was this not the point of the starred games in first place?

Also Eskra's 5 starred games are all away from home. Hardly fair when Peter Hughes is such an important player.

Moortown Spuds

Quote from: Tommo2 on June 04, 2014, 08:16:56 AM
Quote from: whatsthescore on June 03, 2014, 11:41:23 PM
Thought someone would have picked up on this by now, but how could sludden referee the Clonoe game when the winners were gonna play killyclogher or dromore , straight red Colly Doris to miss the next game (the fat f**k sludden knew what he was doing) also Cathal hagan referring a match with Paul rouse being dromores manager , Both from brackaville, the men that picked these referees are pure loco.

That is 2 years running that O'Hagan has reffed Paul Rouses team in championship against Killyclogher. There may have been an objection lodged to this appointment before the game.

I don't think the referee was the reason Killyclogher lost but I can see their grievance.

blackball

Quote from: inroundthesquare on June 04, 2014, 10:10:13 AM

Carrickmore vs. Moy
Clonoe vs. Eglish
Cookstown vs. Eskra
Dromore vs. Strabane
Moortown vs. Donaghmore
Augher vs. Coalisland

If so why are Eskra and Coalisland being made to play without their county men against two sides who will have their full compliments available? Hardly fair. Was this not the point of the starred games in first place?

Also Eskra's 5 starred games are all away from home. Hardly fair when Peter Hughes is such an important player.
whos peter hughes?

Tommo2

Quote from: Moortown Spuds on June 04, 2014, 10:15:02 AM
Thought someone would have picked up on this by now, but how could sludden referee the Clonoe game when the winners were gonna play killyclogher or dromore , straight red Colly Doris to miss the next game (the fat f**k sludden knew what he was doing) also Cathal hagan referring a match with Paul rouse being dromores manager , Both from brackaville, the men that picked these referees are pure loco.

That is 2 years running that O'Hagan has reffed Paul Rouses team in championship against Killyclogher. There may have been an objection lodged to this appointment before the game.

I don't think the referee was the reason Killyclogher lost but I can see their grievance.

I agree. But it makes a mockery of the selection process for the referee's.

Under Lights

Quote from: blackball on June 04, 2014, 10:43:59 AM
Quote from: inroundthesquare on June 04, 2014, 10:10:13 AM

Carrickmore vs. Moy
Clonoe vs. Eglish
Cookstown vs. Eskra
Dromore vs. Strabane
Moortown vs. Donaghmore
Augher vs. Coalisland

whos peter hughes?

Estate Agent in West Sussex- massive loss to Eskra

http://www.peterhughes.co.uk/

Disclaimer: the above is sourced for witty purposes only, the Peter Hughes in question is actually just another of The Tyrone Bench Fodder along with PJ Lavery and numerous others. Only one Peter Hughes was offended by this post.

LeoMc

Quote from: Moortown Spuds on June 04, 2014, 10:15:02 AM

Clonoe could have a similar grievience as their player availability v Dromore has been influenced by a Dromore man.

WT4E

WHats everyone think of the fixtures coming up this weekend?

Brackaville v Pomeroy
Beragh v EC III
Galbally v Dungannon
Kildress v Urney

I think all ties are hard to call.

Pomeroy are going better than Brackaville in the league but rumour has it the Pomeroy lads are having discipline issues at the moment re partying. They have a good group of players so I would give them the nod by 3/4 points.

EC III are going well this year compared to other years and I hear that they have a strong squad of boys who dipped in and out of their main team in the past. Beragh rely too heavily on a couple of players like Rodgers so I think EC will take them by 1/2 points

If you look at the league table you would say that Dungannon have the beating of Galbally based on form but Galbally will become a different animal in the championship. Not sure if M Murphy is playing this year but if he is I would say that Galbally could take them. However Dungannon have a good young team and will be hungry for a championship win considering how they went out last year. I think this could be a draw.

Kildress v Urney is also a hard one to call. Urney seemed to be knocking on the door of winning a championship for a couple of years but their league from at the start of the year was v poor however they looked to have turned the corner with a hammering of Brackaville last day out. J Lafferty is the key to their success and it could come down to battle between himself and Kildress' Dean McNally.
Kildress have had mediocre form in the league but they always seem to up it in the championship so I will go for 1/2 point win for them.

Knock Yer Mucker In

You know that the ref has had a poor game when everybody is talking about him. Was Mc Ginley a black card, to be honest I can't decide, he did trip Lavery, was it deliberate, was he that stupid. Sludden shouldn't have blacked carded him unless he was certain it was deliberately cynical, on reflection it probably wasn't deliberate. Sludden did prevent us from taking a massive lead by not awarding IMO 3 clear frees that we would have pointed to take a massive lead after he black carded Mc Ginley off. Why do most refs do this when they make a big decision against a team. I can't understand how he gave Colm Doris a straight red, it was a yellow, and regardless we would have had to play with 14, but it was not a straight red, no way. So Sludden changed  the game by sending Mc Ginley off and then not giving us frees in the immediate 5 min period after the sending off. Errigal to their credit dragged themselves back into the game, as we would have expected them to leave it a one point game. We took a two point lead after half time, and for the next 15 minutes Errigal took over at midfield, winning break after break ball, but they could score enough for the possession they had, no doubt a lot of the misses were due to pressure being exerted from our defenders, but Errigal missed three easy scores that they should not have missed. But in saying that the first time that Errigal went in front of the game we came out and the grab the game by the throat to score a goal and a point unanswered to win the game. Errigal no doubt will feel they had the chances to win this game, and they had, they can't have any complaints at the result, when you don't take the opportunities you have no one else to blame. We had chances to win the game in the final 7 minutes and we took them. A great championship game in every respect.

It is really really dreadful to think that after this weekend that 50% of sen and intermediate clubs have very little to aim for than fulfilling fixtures and playing games that have no bite in them. There will be a couple in relegation battle, but the most reading this will understand what I mean. And all I can say is thank God its not us. I have genuine sympathy. we are the only county in Ulster treating our clubs in such a manner.

God14

Quote from: Knock Yer Mucker In on June 04, 2014, 01:37:14 PM
You know that the ref has had a poor game when everybody is talking about him. Was Mc Ginley a black card, to be honest I can't decide, he did trip Lavery, was it deliberate, was he that stupid. Sludden shouldn't have blacked carded him unless he was certain it was deliberately cynical, on reflection it probably wasn't deliberate. Sludden did prevent us from taking a massive lead by not awarding IMO 3 clear frees that we would have pointed to take a massive lead after he black carded Mc Ginley off. Why do most refs do this when they make a big decision against a team. I can't understand how he gave Colm Doris a straight red, it was a yellow, and regardless we would have had to play with 14, but it was not a straight red, no way. So Sludden changed  the game by sending Mc Ginley off and then not giving us frees in the immediate 5 min period after the sending off. Errigal to their credit dragged themselves back into the game, as we would have expected them to leave it a one point game. We took a two point lead after half time, and for the next 15 minutes Errigal took over at midfield, winning break after break ball, but they could score enough for the possession they had, no doubt a lot of the misses were due to pressure being exerted from our defenders, but Errigal missed three easy scores that they should not have missed. But in saying that the first time that Errigal went in front of the game we came out and the grab the game by the throat to score a goal and a point unanswered to win the game. Errigal no doubt will feel they had the chances to win this game, and they had, they can't have any complaints at the result, when you don't take the opportunities you have no one else to blame. We had chances to win the game in the final 7 minutes and we took them. A great championship game in every respect.

It is really really dreadful to think that after this weekend that 50% of sen and intermediate clubs have very little to aim for than fulfilling fixtures and playing games that have no bite in them. There will be a couple in relegation battle, but the most reading this will understand what I mean. And all I can say is thank God its not us. I have genuine sympathy. we are the only county in Ulster treating our clubs in such a manner.

Last year there was uproar at how quick the Championship was run off. This year the county board getting a round in earlier - at the jest of the County Manager - and people still not happy
Damned if you do & Damned if you don't.

Senior intercounty season drags on far too long, to the detriment of local club action. Until Croke park address that, we will never find a common ground.

Knock Yer Mucker In

Quote from: God14 on June 04, 2014, 01:48:41 PM
Quote from: Knock Yer Mucker In on June 04, 2014, 01:37:14 PM

Last year there was uproar at how quick the Championship was run off. This year the county board getting a round in earlier - at the jest of the County Manager - and people still not happy
Damned if you do & Damned if you don't.

Senior intercounty season drags on far too long, to the detriment of local club action. Until Croke park address that, we will never find a common ground.

I agree entirely, but it doesn't mean that my sentiments aren't an accurate reflection on the mood of those clubs. I am relieved that we got through, but I am acutely aware of what a crap summer it might have been if we had of lost.

blewuporstuffed

I disagree you here KYMI,
that may be the feeling in some of the bigger clubs like yourselves, errigal, dromore etc, but for almost everyone else in the county there is still relegation/promotion places to be played for and league titles to be won.
It is generally only a very select band of clubs that turn their nose up at  league title (and only senior clubs, as down the divisions, promotion is the main aim)

I would say in senior last year, right up to the last league game more than half the league were still looking to earn points to guarantee their safety and the other half still had a genuine chance of reaching the league playoffs.

While the championship is no doubt the main event, it isnt the only show in town
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

Tyrone Gaa

I think Sludden was 100% right to show C.Dorris a straight red.  If Clonoe feel that its unjust they are able to appeal the decision and the video evidence is there to help or hinder their case.  In my opinion Colly had a closed fist and close lined a man running at speed.  This is dangerous play and warranted a red card.  The black card is debatable I thought it was very harsh but for McGinley an appeal is no good to him his championship is over.  PJ cut across him well and took the path he was running into that any good player does.  Its done with now move on and look to future games.
Living the dream!!!

blewuporstuffed

Quote from: Tyrone Gaa on June 04, 2014, 02:29:49 PM
I think Sludden was 100% right to show C.Dorris a straight red.  If Clonoe feel that its unjust they are able to appeal the decision and the video evidence is there to help or hinder their case.  In my opinion Colly had a closed fist and close lined a man running at speed.  This is dangerous play and warranted a red card.  The black card is debatable I thought it was very harsh but for McGinley an appeal is no good to him his championship is over.  PJ cut across him well and took the path he was running into that any good player does.  Its done with now move on and look to future games.

I agree with you here ,i think it was a red card (although i have some sympathy for Doris, as i don't think it was a particularly 'dirty' challenge, just a bit reckless.)
By the letter of the law Sludden was correct, although he could possibly have been more lenient and just shown him a second yellow and i dont think there would have been too many complaints either.
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

redhandloo

Disclaimer: the above is sourced for witty purposes only, the Peter Hughes in question is actually just another of The Tyrone Bench Fodder along with PJ Lavery and numerous others. Only one Peter Hughes was offended by this post.
[/quote]

Horrible post. To term these lads as bench fodder may be tongue in cheek but unbelievably disrespectful nonetheless. These lads are part of a SQUAD. Our top thirty players in the county. They may not have been given the game time that others have received but they do deserve our respect for their efforts. I wonder how you could have handled marking PJ Lavery or Peter Hughes?
Tough times don't last, tough people do!