Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Under Lights

Quote from: Dell on June 02, 2014, 09:34:18 PM
The black card was meant to take the cynical aspects out of football. We can see from this weekend that is absolute rubbish. Two most obvious pieces of cynicism was the handling of dermy carlin and peter harte. The crowd in both games picked up what was going on after a few minutes but the ref two linesmen and four umpires didn't. The black card is dead in the water. Glad I'm not on twitter some shocking stuff being said about players I would hope the clubs will step in

County Board rep is rumoured to have tried to step in with one of the cases- player refused to retract his comments though. Meh.

LeoMc

Quote from: Under Lights on June 03, 2014, 07:57:18 AM
The black card was meant to take the cynical aspects out of football. We can see from this weekend that is absolute rubbish. Two most obvious pieces of cynicism was the handling of dermy carlin and peter harte. The crowd in both games picked up what was going on after a few minutes but the ref two linesmen and four umpires didn't. The black card is dead in the water. Glad I'm not on twitter some shocking stuff being said about players I would hope the clubs will step in

County Board rep is rumoured to have tried to step in with one of the cases- player refused to retract his comments though. Meh.

What good would getting a black card rescinded afterwards do?
Its not like a Red where you will have a 1-2 month ban mysteriously turned into 2 yellows when the referee "reviews" his notebook.

bogball88

Anyone got an up to date schedule of league games for after Tyrone/Monaghan game?

bigtogs

Quote from: EC Unique on June 02, 2014, 12:09:57 PM
Quote from: Up The Middle on June 02, 2014, 11:38:38 AM
Very very harsh. Sludden ruined the game we went 5 up and he stopped giving us frees, its as though he relaised he had ruined the game and was trying to make ammends. We could have had another 2 black cards as well, saying that Harte should have walked for his punch at half time. No refereee was going to make all the right calls but McNamee would in my opinion have did a far better job than Sludden.

Sludden was a joke against both teams. He over rates his own importance way too much. Ciaran is devastated at getting sent off and we feel he may have been the difference.

The fact that Dromore were playseveral ners of the game should have ruled him out IMO.

First thought on mcginley black card was not sure if it warranted even a yellow.....but as the game went on I was sure it was no black card compered to some of the things that happened not the first time martin sludden has used language like that to players 2/3 top refs the same.... I am a clonoe man to the core but In all honesty how can he black card mcginley and not even book steven mcnulty strange stuff... we feel aggrieved at 6-1 we where denied 2/3 blatent free kicks in scoring areas to really stretch the lead.... baffling decisions all round  question is why was he refereeing that game?? Who appoints the ref for championship games he is at fault surely!!! On colly doris red card seen 2 tackles similar in annagher sunday one no card and one yellow card..... seen several all weekend like mcginleys he is the only one to get a black yard.

EC Unique

Quote from: bigtogs on June 03, 2014, 09:07:09 AM
Quote from: EC Unique on June 02, 2014, 12:09:57 PM
Quote from: Up The Middle on June 02, 2014, 11:38:38 AM
Very very harsh. Sludden ruined the game we went 5 up and he stopped giving us frees, its as though he relaised he had ruined the game and was trying to make ammends. We could have had another 2 black cards as well, saying that Harte should have walked for his punch at half time. No refereee was going to make all the right calls but McNamee would in my opinion have did a far better job than Sludden.

Sludden was a joke against both teams. He over rates his own importance way too much. Ciaran is devastated at getting sent off and we feel he may have been the difference.

The fact that Dromore were playseveral ners of the game should have ruled him out IMO.

First thought on mcginley black card was not sure if it warranted even a yellow.....but as the game went on I was sure it was no black card compered to some of the things that happened not the first time martin sludden has used language like that to players 2/3 top refs the same.... I am a clonoe man to the core but In all honesty how can he black card mcginley and not even book steven mcnulty strange stuff... we feel aggrieved at 6-1 we where denied 2/3 blatent free kicks in scoring areas to really stretch the lead.... baffling decisions all round  question is why was he refereeing that game?? Who appoints the ref for championship games he is at fault surely!!! On colly doris red card seen 2 tackles similar in annagher sunday one no card and one yellow card..... seen several all weekend like mcginleys he is the only one to get a black yard.

I know the tackles you are on about. Some of our players went into the tackle very hard and ended up getting a free out. Defied logic. He really did ruin the game but I guess Clonoe will not worry too much given the result. Our boys are gutted both at the performance of Sludden and at their own lack of finishing. The bad thing about it is that Sludden will just work away without question.

blewuporstuffed

As a neutral watching the game, i thought the mcginley black card was a very very poor decision.
In no way was it a black card, certainly a free,maybe at a stretch a yellow card (although even that would have been harsh).
The decy quinn one was borderline and i can see why he gave it, but i'm not sure either. He lunged in alright and brought the player down, im just not sure it was a deliberate trip though which it needs to be for a black card.
The one nailled on black card offence in the game, stephen mcnulty haulling down  Harte and was an easy call to make, how he didnt get it right is unbelievable.
Sludden was very poor in some of his decisons overall and it seemed to be a complete lottery when a player took it into contact which way he was going to give it.
i wouldn't doubt for a second he spoke to players like that as i have witnessed it before on plenty of occasions.
The game was always going to be a very difficult one to referee, but that sort of agro created between a referee & both groups of players certainly doesnt help.
I dont think any of the 3 red cards can have much cause for complaint.

I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

keeptrying

from watching a number of games at weekend i think friday nights was always going to be difcficult to handle and yes some decisions were baffling, but 3 red cards could have been more and clonoe will be grateful to have got the win.
Killyclogher/dromore on saturday seemed straight forward enough for dromore and they did what they needed to without going to top gear-thought the linesman on changing room side 2nd half was very poor, gave 2 sideline balls to Dromore when they weren't and never gave Dermy Carlin any protection. second game was Coalislands for winning but they just ran out of steam and omagh were able to wear them down. Omagh have real threat in forward line if they can get them space.
Two contrasting games on sunday in coalisland as Moy got it all there own way from the start and Moortown didn't seem to want to know. Very noticeable that the Moy don't seem to be relying on 2 cavanaghs as much and that they have maybe found a bit of depth in their team as younger players are developing and giving them much needed support.
Ardboe probably got lucky as Cookstowns discipline again was found wanting, maybe able to get away with incidents in club league games but not when more officials are present and I thought Kyle Coney was superb at midfield and gave them a real platform to dominate possession with extra man.

Norf Tyrone

Quote from: LeoMc on June 03, 2014, 08:41:18 AM

Its not like a Red where you will have a 1-2 month ban mysteriously turned into 2 yellows when the referee "reviews" his notebook.

I am assuming it was referring to a Co Board rep stepping in re comments on social networks.
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

redhandloo

Do any clubs have a policy on social networking or would that be too difficult to police?
Is there a difference in abusing an official on the field as opposed to online?
Tough times don't last, tough people do!

Under Lights

Quote from: Norf Tyrone on June 03, 2014, 10:12:42 AM
Quote from: LeoMc on June 03, 2014, 08:41:18 AM

I am assuming it was referring to a Co Board rep stepping in re comments on social networks.

Bingo. I couldn't have been bothered addressing this.

EC Unique

Quote from: redhandloo on June 03, 2014, 10:20:41 AM
Do any clubs have a policy on social networking or would that be too difficult to police?

If the official has a stinker of a game and thinks it is OK to tell a player to F%*K off when asked why he issued a black card I think he leaves himself open to ridicule and abuse.

WT4E

I know of a club who told a player not to come back over tweets!!!

nrico2006

Quote from: EC Unique on June 03, 2014, 10:36:08 AM

If the official has a stinker of a game and thinks it is OK to tell a player to F%*K off when asked why he issued a black card I think he leaves himself open to ridicule and abuse.

Exactly, why should a player not be free to air his opinion?  Freedom of speech and all that.  Bad/inconsistent refereeing is ruining the game, unbelievable that nothing constructive ever seems to be done about it.  Same problem every year both locally and nationally.

On another note, is Niall Sludden back playing yet?
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

redhandloo

Quote from: nrico2006 on June 03, 2014, 10:45:47 AM
Quote from: EC Unique on June 03, 2014, 10:36:08 AM

Exactly, why should a player not be free to air his opinion?  Freedom of speech and all that.  Bad/inconsistent refereeing is ruining the game, unbelievable that nothing constructive ever seems to be done about it.  Same problem every year both locally and nationally.

On another note, is Niall Sludden back playing yet?

Niall sludden was togged out for Dromore on Saturday night but didn't come on. 
Abuse of players by referees also needs addressed. If it is improper for a player to abuse a match official then this should work both ways.
Tough times don't last, tough people do!

blewuporstuffed

Give Respect, Get Respect I believe is the slogan.....
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either