Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

blewuporstuffed

Why do they have till the week before to let us know these fixtures? What has changed since tyrone beat Monaghan? A bit of notice and communication with the club would be nice.

I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

NDA

Serious lack of communication. A lot of people planning on heading to Dublin on Saturday.
Why was there several free weekends earlier in year and then games fixed for weekend of All Ireland semi final?
Clueless people running fixtures. No foresight and don't care about clubs or players.
Vital points at stake at this stage for many clubs, surely clubs will want to have all players available for these games. Relegation and promotion battles taking place without key players? That just isn't right IMO.

blewuporstuffed

Has anyone received official notification of these fixtures or is everyone just going by the website?
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

blewuporstuffed

Quote from: stringbean on August 18, 2013, 09:13:39 PM
Yea was confirmed last night, round of starred fixtures again this saturday at same times, 5pm and 6.30. They're now up on Tyrone website.
confirmed by who?
have the clubs been sent notification of this?

NDA

Our club sec received email this morning confirming fixtures.

blewuporstuffed

Quote from: NDA on August 19, 2013, 08:49:54 AM
Our club sec received email this morning confirming fixtures.

Thats just not good enough IMO.
The monday before a game on the saturday.
when tyrone beat monaghan and the minors won the following day (4th august), there should have been the next 3 weeks fixtures sent out to clubs.
Absolutely no reason why this could have been done, instead of being drip fed information from week to week.

rrhf

Agreed poor form.  A lot of people were for booking hotels on Saturday night.  This has to stop.

NDA

The shambles of club football organisation this past couple of years together with lack of work and emigration has drained the spirit of many clubs. Most clubs are struggling to survive and field teams and the farce that is fixtures just tears the heart out of it. Players, supporters and coaches are losing interest. Club football is in a woeful state and fixtures are a huge part of the problem.

redhandloo

Will the county minors be allowed to play on Saturday?
Tough times don't last, tough people do!

Christmas Lights

Quote from: NDA on August 19, 2013, 09:06:39 AM
The shambles of club football organisation this past couple of years together with lack of work and emigration has drained the spirit of many clubs. Most clubs are struggling to survive and field teams and the farce that is fixtures just tears the heart out of it. Players, supporters and coaches are losing interest. Club football is in a woeful state and fixtures are a huge part of the problem.

Tyrone where out early last season and we had about 3 games in 10 weeks and thats no lie.  If Tyrone win this weekend, the championship games wont begin until near the end of September  :) :) :)

The Trap

The only club games they are interested in are the championships as they get money out of those. And that money goes to help running the county teams! The club leagues really get in the way and that is why they are treated so badly. What do club delegates talk about at county meetings?? Are they all yes men too???
Just choosing one game from this week Moortown v Strabane. Top of the table clash in Div 2 and Strabane will have to play without Danny McBride but PJ Quinn will be playing for Moortown. Maybe the County Chairman will step in yet!!!
Wouldnt have minded a night in Dublin either :).

NDA

I think County minors can play on Saturday according to rules but I wouldn't blame any minor that didn't risk playing in case he got injured and missed an all Ireland semi final. There shouldn't be any games this weekend for them to worry about as this should be a free weekend to let people enjoy the trip to Dublin.
The starred games should have been played weeks ago rather than wait until near the end of the league. It looks like they were hoping Tyrone would be beat and they wouldn't have to use starred games and now it has back fired. Clubs now forced to play vital games without their best players.
The mess of fixtures creates club v county conflict which isn't necessary. If fixtures were better organised this wouldn't happen. I hope Tyrone win the All Ireland but unfortunately if they do as things stand clubs will suffer. New thinking and new people needed. Every year these people give the same excuses, blame eveybody but themselves, blame county teams, blame the weather, blame Datsun Donaghey. People get fed up listening to excuses.

everymanaman

Quote from: rrhf on August 19, 2013, 08:58:41 AM
Agreed poor form.  A lot of people were for booking hotels on Saturday night.  This has to stop.
Play the league games on Saturday, head down fresh for Tyrone game on Sunday. Stay Sunday night. Bank holiday on Monday. Problem solved ;D

Norf Tyrone

The starred system is flawed when you see Strabane going to Moortown on Sat night, in a game that'll decide the title.

When the fixtures were made both Clubs would've fielded it without Dan McBride and PJ Quinn. However with PJ now off the panel, he's free to playing putting Moortown in the hot seat to win the game and thus the title.

The same happened Strabane earlier in the year with Galbally and Michael Murphy IIRC.
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

NDA

Too close to the end of league for starred games to be played. Definitely not fair on Strabane, Trillick, Moy, Clann Na nGael to name a few clubs that I can think of that need the points.