Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

blewuporstuffed

its officially listed as 'postponed', but if it is just down to trillicks refusal to play the game, surely they must lose the points
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

clarshack

Quote from: Norf Tyrone on July 29, 2013, 04:14:03 AM
Quote from: clarshack on July 28, 2013, 11:29:33 PM
Quote from: Fionntamhnach on July 28, 2013, 02:05:55 PM
Quote from: Boghopper on July 28, 2013, 11:24:01 AM
Will there be league football next weekend with the Seniors and Minors both in action.
There is a round of starred games listed for next Sunday but with the minors playing Kerry in Croke Park that day I'd say it's up in the air.

our game fixed against rock for next weekend now has a date of 30/11/2013 on the fixtures site.
the way things are going, thats likely enough.

I see young Conor Quinn took a very brave/ foolish step and pulled out of the minor panel. Don't whether to say fair play to him or not, but I am sure he didn't take the decision lightly.

think he made the correct decision norf.
the minor management have really messed the stewartstown lads about this year.
if the same players were from aghaloo/eglish they'd be getting game time.

everymanaman

Were Tyrone minors allowed to feature for their clubs yesterday?

blewuporstuffed

Quote from: everymanaman on July 29, 2013, 10:32:09 AM
Were Tyrone minors allowed to feature for their clubs yesterday?
AFAIK the Aghaloo lads played for their club  :-\
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

Moortown Spuds

WTF???

What sort of set up is in place where some minors can play and others can't?

everymanaman

Think one of the Brackaville minors stretchered off yesterday

tyroneboi

Quote from: everymanaman on July 29, 2013, 11:51:31 AM
Think one of the Brackaville minors stretchered off yesterday

Unfortunately true.

Though I don't blame any lad yesterday for choosing to play for their club yesterday.

NDA

It looks like some county minors players chose to play for clubs yesterday despite rules. The league games for county minors should have maybe been played last Friday night to avoid any conflict with rules and confusion for clubs and players. This is what used to happen in the past

blewuporstuffed

Quote from: NDA on July 29, 2013, 12:41:31 PM
It looks like some county minors players chose to play for clubs yesterday despite rules. The league games for county minors should have maybe been played last Friday night to avoid any conflict with rules and confusion for clubs and players. This is what used to happen in the past

but the rule is 6 days.
the minors aren't out until next sunday

NDA

I always thought it was always 7 days for minors? Think that's what is in rule book? Was it changed?
Fixtures secretary must be blessed with some kind of mystic powers if he/she knew Tyrone minors were playing on Sunday as minor fixture v kerry was only known on Sunday morning.
Tyrone minors played Kerry a few years ago in portlaoise on a Saturday and it was very likely that could have happened this year again. If games had of been fixed for Friday night there would have been no doubt that minors were allowed to play for clubs.

blewuporstuffed

i could be wrong, but i always thought it was 6 days for minors, 13 for seniors?

whether senior club games should be put off at all due to the unavailability of minors is another issue

Radda bout yeee

What's the likelihood of there being a round of fixtures this weekend coming? Even on Friday night!

shezam

Quote from: Radda bout yeee on July 29, 2013, 03:33:42 PM
What's the likelihood of there being a round of fixtures this weekend coming? Even on Friday night!

No chance.

Norf Tyrone

I believe that minor management text the players last week- before the minor QF was fixed- and told them they were not allowed to play at the weekend.

Cost us yesterday, as we had our 3 FF missing and getting our minor to play would have helped us get over the line.
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

Norf Tyrone

Who was the Brackaville minor? Che O'Donnell?
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone