Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

EC Unique

Errigal disposed of a very undisciplined Edendork/Killyman in dunmoyle tonight. They need to learn how to loose.

Pharoch Phantom

Quote from: sam03/05 on August 22, 2012, 10:16:59 PM
Heard that Ardboe refused to play extra time tonight in the Minor Quarter finals at Cookstown.
any truth in this?

That's true sam03/05.  Referee and Cookstown were ready to begin extra time but Benny H wasn't letting anyone play with his ball and refused to play.  Interesting to see how this one turns out.

sam03/05

Quote from: Pharoch Phantom on August 22, 2012, 11:32:10 PM
Heard that Ardboe refused to play extra time tonight in the Minor Quarter finals at Cookstown.
any truth in this?

That's true sam03/05.  Referee and Cookstown were ready to begin extra time but Benny H wasn't letting anyone play with his ball and refused to play.  Interesting to see how this one turns out.

if thats true then its a disgrace. There was perferct light tonight, thats why the games were set for 7:15 throw in times, and it was enough to have extra time played at other venues. If the ref thought that the game was suitable to ga ahead then it should have been played.

EC Unique

Quote from: Pharoch Phantom on August 22, 2012, 11:32:10 PM
any truth in this?

If it was stated ET if required then they should be fucked out. Simples.

wheres he takin er from

Quote from: EC Unique on August 22, 2012, 11:17:23 PM
Errigal disposed of a very undisciplined Edendork/Killyman in dunmoyle tonight. They need to learn how to loose.

I think someone might be trying to get a wind up goin here EC

pot and kettle EC perhaps?

They play as naomh mhuire at youth level. A Gael from your part of the world should have the decency to refer to a collection of teams as their proper title right?
First on the field and last to leave

tyrone exile

I would agree with Arboes stance here, even though im sure they had there own reasons not to play extra time, however fans dont appreciate how difficult it is to play ball when theres not perfect visibilty, i remember a player getting injured in a game a few years ago, was down for maybe 40 mins, the referee asked us did we want to continue, but if we agreed he wasnt stopping it for darkness, the last 10 minutes were terrible, nobody could catch the ball and it was very dangerous in general. Our own minor match went to extra time tonight and the players said after it it was getting very hard to play in. i also cant imagine the county board coming down on arboe if they plead health and safety reasons.

drici

Quote from: wheres he takin er from on August 23, 2012, 12:07:15 AM

They play as naomh mhuire at youth level.

Killyman-Edendork shall remain named as such then.
If they want to use the Irish Language they should learn a wee bit about her first instead of total disrespect for the language and her workings and Whom their almalagmation is named after.
This matter has been noted for some time.

http://gaaboard.com/board/index.php?topic=20219.45

sam03/05

Quote from: tyrone exile on August 23, 2012, 12:18:15 AM
I would agree with Arboes stance here, even though im sure they had there own reasons not to play extra time, however fans dont appreciate how difficult it is to play ball when theres not perfect visibilty, i remember a player getting injured in a game a few years ago, was down for maybe 40 mins, the referee asked us did we want to continue, but if we agreed he wasnt stopping it for darkness, the last 10 minutes were terrible, nobody could catch the ball and it was very dangerous in general. Our own minor match went to extra time tonight and the players said after it it was getting very hard to play in. i also cant imagine the county board coming down on arboe if they plead health and safety reasons.

yeah but rules are rules, there cant be one rule for Ardboe and different rules for say Kildress (who had to play extra time tonight), the rule is simple, its up to the discretion of the referee, and in this case the ref seemed to think the game should have been played, its not up to a teams management to decide. Suppose the simple solution to this would be to have a replay but it should be played in Cookstown, afterall it was a new game, which Ardboe failed to field for.

loughshore lad

Quote from: sam03/05 on August 23, 2012, 07:08:02 AM
Quote from: tyrone exile on August 23, 2012, 12:18:15 AM

yeah but rules are rules, there cant be one rule for Ardboe and different rules for say Kildress (who had to play extra time tonight), the rule is simple, its up to the discretion of the referee, and in this case the ref seemed to think the game should have been played, its not up to a teams management to decide. Suppose the simple solution to this would be to have a replay but it should be played in Cookstown, afterall it was a new game, which Ardboe failed to field for.

Just what are the rules here out of interest?

If its up to the discretion of the referee as you state then why did he not take control and start the game again?  Why did he not throw the ball in??

If the Tyrone county board grew a set and actually played these games during the summer when light is not at a premium instead of dancing to the tune of the various county managers then things like this wouldnt happen.

Club Rossa

Ardboe did not play extra time last night as the management voiced concerns about the standard of Cookstown's floodlights which aren't match standard.That was confirmed by the Cookstown chairman when asked about their floodlights.
Ardboe should have had a 45 with their last attack of the match when a Cookstown defender turned the ball out over his own end line,only for the Cookstown umpire to give a wide ball.When the referee was asked why he didn't overrule the umpire on the call he said it was because as visibility was poor he had to go with the umpires decision.

sam03/05

Quote from: Club Rossa on August 23, 2012, 08:57:38 AM
Ardboe did not play extra time last night as the management voiced concerns about the standard of Cookstown's floodlights which aren't match standard.That was confirmed by the Cookstown chairman when asked about their floodlights.
Ardboe should have had a 45 with their last attack of the match when a Cookstown defender turned the ball out over his own end line,only for the Cookstown umpire to give a wide ball.When the referee was asked why he didn't overrule the umpire on the call he said it was because as visibility was poor he had to go with the umpires decision.

ok we will set a precedent here, in the future visiting teams, (not the referee) will decide if they want to play extra time or not. If they don't fancy it, then they can just refuse and get a replay back at their pitch a week later. Dangerous precedent to set.

Club Rossa

So you think they should have played on and risked injury to their players in poor light.Player safety is the issue here.Cookstown's lights are not good enough for matches and i back our managements call 100%
Personally if the game is replayed i would have no problem in going back to Cookstown again as long as they don't have to turn on those bloody lights again.

sam03/05

a replay in cookstown is the only fair outcome as far as I can see. Wasn't at the game myself, but was told by a referee who was at the game, that the light was grand to play extra time in. Anyway surely these games should have started earlier.

supersarsfields

Just a wee plug for a Charity cycle Drumragh are running this weekend in the Omagh area.

All the details are on the facebook page below. Or if you need any other info drop me a PM. 

https://www.facebook.com/FriendsOfCathalCycle

All proceeds going to a good cause. Organised in memory of Cathal McLaughlin.

urbanboy

The light was not an issue when Ardboe played Donaghmore recently in the Senior C'Ship in Edendork