Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

trueblue1234

Grammar: the difference between knowing your shit

Wolfetones

Quote from: WT4E on August 12, 2023, 07:16:32 PM
I'm not on all day lads. It was aggressive but didnt lead to injury but I didn't realise the rule had a threshold for neutrality or force.

I have bug bearer on this no matter if there is bias or not it shouldn't happen and unless refs play to the rules it won't go away.

The summary is the umpire gave a point to kildress that went over the post and the crowd where all 50 50 on it. The umpire was adamant and the ref gave it wide the keeper then pushed him aggressively and the umpire done well to stay on his feet. Ref booked the keeper I don't know what the rule is and it caused a big debate where we where watching.

If he had done the same to the ref would it have been
yellow?

No it would have been a red and a 12 week ban.

LeoMc

I'm not on all day lads. It was aggressive but didnt lead to injury but I didn't realise the rule had a threshold for neutrality or force.

I have bug bearer on this no matter if there is bias or not it shouldn't happen and unless refs play to the rules it won't go away.

The summary is the umpire gave a point to kildress that went over the post and the crowd where all 50 50 on it. The umpire was adamant and the ref gave it wide the keeper then pushed him aggressively and the umpire done well to stay on his feet. Ref booked the keeper I don't know what the rule is and it caused a big debate where we where watching.

If he had done the same to the ref would it have been yellow?
Thanks

As the Ref gave it wide I can see why the Keeper would think the Umpire was not being honest.
I don't know the personalities involved but if your umpire is straight and makes honest calls I can see why you would be annoyed.
Was the other Umpire neutral or Aghayaran?

WT4E

Quote from: LeoMc on August 12, 2023, 11:46:36 PM

Thanks

As the Ref gave it wide I can see why the Keeper would think the Umpire was not being honest.
I don't know the personalities involved but if your umpire is straight and makes honest calls I can see why you would be annoyed.

Aghyaran.

Good enough debate think the majority saying yellow was fine. Maybe rules need slight adjustment.

LeoMc

Quote from: WT4E on August 13, 2023, 09:17:06 AM

Thanks

Aghyaran.

Good enough debate think the majority saying yellow was fine. Maybe rules need slight adjustment.

Was the Aghayaran Umpire as convinced it was wide?

Referees are assessed, they go through a lot of underage games before they are let near the big ones to make sure they are up to the job.
I think that if a clubs self selected Umpires / linesmen are to be afforded the same protection they should have to undergo some sort of assessment or review.

Maybe clubs should have to put a few names forward at the start of the year, rather than pull a volunteer out of the crowd on the day. The Ref (or Referees assessor, if there is one) could / should have to note anything controversial or obvious bias. No idea how that would work in practice but it go away to standardising the roles.

marty34

Quote from: LeoMc on August 13, 2023, 09:58:58 AM

Thanks

Aghyaran.

Referees are assessed, they go through a lot of underage games before they are let near the big ones to make sure they are up to the job.
I think that if a clubs self selected Umpires / linesmen are to be afforded the same protection they should have to undergo some sort of assessment or review.

Maybe clubs should have to put a few names forward at the start of the year, rather than pull a volunteer out of the crowd on the day. The Ref (or Referees assessor, if there is one) could / should have to note anything controversial or obvious bias. No idea how that would work in practice but it go away to standardising the roles.

Was it a club league game?

Mikhailov

Quote from: Wolfetones on August 12, 2023, 09:30:04 PM

If he had done the same to the ref would it have been
yellow?

No it would have been a red and a 12 week ban.

It would be a 96 week ban and these have been handed out in Tyrone before for 'physical interference' with an official (not the referee)

LeoMc

Quote from: marty34 on August 13, 2023, 10:02:23 AM

Thanks

Aghyaran.

Yes, championship has referees doing the line and neutral umpires the referee can trust.

clarshack

Thanks

Aghyaran.

It's usually the same guys doing umpires/linesmen in each club anyway.

marty34

Quote from: LeoMc on August 13, 2023, 12:25:02 PM
Quote from: marty34 on August 13, 2023, 10:02:23 AM

Thanks

Aghyaran.

Yes, championship has referees doing the line and neutral umpires the referee can trust.

Everybody knows it's usually just a lad/supporter from each club.

Sometimes only one umpire at each goal also.

They're always decisions for points that are debatable.

square_ball

To be honest I'm surprised there's not more rows involving umpires giving dodgy calls. I've seen some shockers over the years.

Not saying this was the case in Kildress.

on the sideline

What are Dungannon new facilities like? Was it a renovation of the existing clubrooms and a new pitch? Or more?

marty34

Quote from: on the sideline on August 13, 2023, 10:42:56 PM
What are Dungannon new facilities like? Was it a renovation of the existing clubrooms and a new pitch? Or more?

Is it finished?

Hereiam

Shame about the design of the new clubrooms, they had a chance to do something which was a bit more pleasing to the eye.

Onthe40

pitch looks fantastic, and club house definitely looks modern..I believe it is state of the art inside
still a good bit of work required to get the whole ground cleaned up and looking well and ready for the county second ground again