Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ONeill

This is a bit of it:

"Out of our squad of 36 players, there are certain guys that are leaders, and guys that we depend on, the likes of Peter Harte, big Mattie (Donnelly), Joe McMahon, guys like that. Those are the guys that sometimes when the tide is going against us, can really rally the troops and get people round them.

"But whenever we looked around there for leaders all over the field, too many of us had our heads down and weren't willing to take a risk or take the fight to Armagh.

"I think maybe a few guys now need to take a look at it and decide what we want out of this game."
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

blewuporstuffed

Quote from: bigfrank on July 14, 2014, 06:35:48 PM
27th July the next league fixture im hearing?

yeah i think thats right, fixtures out for 27th and the following sunday.
i wonder is a round of the championship then planned for the following week?
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

BennyHarp

Quote from: hugh the root on July 14, 2014, 05:01:07 PM
Tyrone need to become more aggressive and I don't think that is instilled on at least half the current panel. They need a bit of Clonoe DNA and I am not stirring the shit here. Damien Cassidy has done wonders for Clonoe whilst Tyrone are going backwards all the time  . Time for new faces on the hill at Ballygawley!

Cassidy wasn't great at inter county level with Derry. It's not as easy as it looks you know, Hugh.
That was never a square ball!!

rrhf

Quote from: ONeill on July 14, 2014, 07:03:52 PM
This is a bit of it:

"Out of our squad of 36 players, there are certain guys that are leaders, and guys that we depend on, the likes of Peter Harte, big Mattie (Donnelly), Joe McMahon, guys like that. Those are the guys that sometimes when the tide is going against us, can really rally the troops and get people round them.

"But whenever we looked around there for leaders all over the field, too many of us had our heads down and weren't willing to take a risk or take the fight to Armagh.

"I think maybe a few guys now need to take a look at it and decide what we want out of this game."

An honest assessment by Sean who as the biggest leader on the team and who himself  didn't perform yesterday shows humility and leadership and good captaincy going forward.  The bite has gone from that group. I think it's also fair to point out that colum had a big year and mc nabb tried hard also yesterday.  I'm most  disappointed for mic key as it's put the spotlight firmly on his panel selection, the way the team is picked and trained, the feeling of apathy or alienation that the club's feel and subsequently the level of support he now will get.  On a brighter note I think on reflection that a cynical targeting of matte donnelly and a subsequent dive by the Armagh no 20 to get him sent off was probably the winning and losing of the game.

Norf Tyrone

Sunday 20th July      
Hunky Dorys Senior Hurling  Championship       
Gaeil Na Ceapaí   v   Dún Geanainn Eoghain Ruadh
Naomh Colum Cille   v   Na Seamróga

Monday 21st July      
O'Neill's U14 Hurling League 2014      
Dún Geanainn Eoghain Ruadh   v   Na Seamróga
Naomh Colum Cille   v   Beragh Red Knights GAA
Omagh St Enda's   v   Cappagh

Tuesday 22nd July      
U-21 Quarter finals      
a  Pomeroy       An Charraig Mhor
b  Clonoe      
c Omagh        Kildress
d Errigal Ciaran       Coalisland

a Drumragh       Killeeshil
b Fintona       Eglish
c Donaghmore       Clan na nGael
d Dungannon        Castlederg

Wed 23rd July      

Round 1 of u-16 League      

Friday 25th July      

O Neills Grade 3 Minor Championship      
Fintona Na Piarsaigh   v   Tattyreagh St Patrick's
Gortin St Patrick's   v   Beragh Red Knights GAA

Saturday 26th July      
Éire Óg An Charraig Mhór   v   Gaeil Na Ceapaí
Na Seamróga   v   Dungannon Eoghan Ruadh

Sunday 27th July      

Hunky Dorys  Reserve & ACFL Division 1      
An Droim Mór Naoimh Damhnait   v   Moortown St Malachy's
Ardboe O'Donovan Rossa   v   An Eaglais, Naoimh Pádraig
Augher St Macartan's GFC   v   Cookstown Fr Rocks
Coalisland Fianna   v   Eskra Emmetts
Coill an Chlochair Naomh Mhuire   v   Moy Tír na nÓg
Errigal Ciaran   v   Clonoe O`Rahilly's CLG
Omagh St Enda's   v   Carrickmore St Colmcille's
Strabane Sigersons   v   Domhnach Mór Naoimh Pádraig

Hunky Dorys  Reserve & ACFL Division 2      
Derrylaughan Kevin Barry's GAC   v   Aghyaran St Davogs
Greencastle St Patrick's   v   Galbally Pearses
Kildress Wolfe Tones   v   Stewartstown Harps
Loughmacrory St Teresa's   v   Edendork St Malachy's
Newtownstewart St Eugene's   v   Dungannon Thomas Clarkes
Pomeroy Plunketts    v   Brackaville Owen Roes
Trí Leac C. Naoimh Mhic Artáin   v   Killeeshil St Mary's
Urney St Colmcille's   v   Gortin St Patrick's

Hunky Dorys  Reserve & ACFL Division 3      
Beragh Red Knights GAA   v   Castlederg St Eugene's
Clogher Eire Óg   v   Clann na Gael
Derrytresk Fir aChnoic   v   Owen Roe O`Neill's GAC
Droim Ratha an tSáirsealaigh   v   Brockagh Emmetts
Drumquin Wolfe Tones   v   Aghaloo O`Neill's
Fintona Na Piarsaigh   v   Glenelly
Cill na mBán Naoimh Muire   v   Tattyreagh St Patrick's
Rock St Patrick's   v   Dregish Pearse Óg

Tuesday 29th July       

u-21 semi-finals      
Winners of A   v   Winners of D
Winners of B   v   Winners of C

O'Neill's U14 Hurling League 2014      
Beragh Red Knights GAA   v   Éire Óg An Charraig Mhór
Cappagh   v   Dungannon Eoghan Ruadh
Na Seamróga   v   Omagh St Enda's

Friday 1st August      
Hunky Dorys Junior Reserve Football Knockout       
Brockagh Emmetts   v   Clann na Gael
Castlederg St Eugene's   v   Aghaloo O`Neill's
Clogher Eire Óg   v   Owen Roe O`Neill's GAC, Leckpatrick
Derrytresk Fir aChnoic   v   Tattyreagh St Patrick's
Dregish Pearse Óg   v   Glenelly
Fintona Na Piarsaigh   v   Errigal Ciaran
Cill na mBán Naoimh Muire   v   Droim Ratha an tSáirsealaigh
Rock St Patrick's   v   Drumquin Wolfe Tones

Saturday 2nd August      
Dungannon Eoghan Ruadh    v   Naomh Colum Cille
Na Seamróga   v   Éire Óg An Charraig Mhór

Sunday 3rd August      
Hunky Dorys  Reserve & ACFL Division 1      
An Eaglais, Naoimh Pádraig   v   Carrickmore St Colmcille's
Augher St Macartan's GFC   v   Strabane Sigersons
Clonoe O`Rahilly's CLG   v   Moy Tír na nÓg
Coalisland Fianna   v   An Droim Mór Naoimh Damhnait
Coill an Chlochair Naomh Mhuire   v   Errigal Ciaran
Cookstown Fr Rocks   v   Domhnach Mór Naoimh Pádraig
Moortown St Malachy's   v   Eskra Emmetts
Omagh St Enda's   v   Ardboe O'Donovan Rossa

Hunky Dorys  Reserve & ACFL Division 2      
Aghyaran St Davogs   v   Newtownstewart St Eugene's
Derrylaughan Kevin Barry's GAC   v   Dungannon Thomas Clarkes
Edendork St Malachy's   v   Trí Leac C. Naoimh Mhic Artáin
Greencastle St Patrick's   v   Gortin St Patrick's
Loughmacrory St Teresa's   v   Killeeshil St Mary's
Pomeroy Plunketts    v   Kildress Wolfe Tones
Stewartstown Harps   v   Brackaville Owen Roes
Urney St Colmcille's   v   Galbally Pearses

Hunky Dorys  Reserve & ACFL Division 3      
Aghaloo O`Neill's   v   Errigal Ciaran
Brockagh Emmetts   v   Castlederg St Eugene's
Clann na Gael   v   Cill na mBán Naoimh Muire
Derrytresk Fir aChnoic   v   Tattyreagh St Patrick's
Dregish Pearse Óg   v   Beragh Red Knights GAA
Fintona Na Piarsaigh   v   Drumquin Wolfe Tones
Owen Roe O`Neill's GAC   v   Clogher Eire Óg
Rock St Patrick's   v   Droim Ratha an tSáirsealaigh

Monday 4th August      
O'Neill's U14 Hurling League       
Beragh Red Knights GAA   v   Na Seamróga
Éire Óg An Charraig Mhór   v   Dungannon Eoghan Ruadh
Omagh St Enda's   v   Naomh Colum Cille

Friday 8th August      
Hunky Dorys Junior Reserve Football Knockout Quarterfinals      
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

Carmen Stateside

A lot of cross atlantic calls yesterday by the sound of things.  8)

Man Marker

Quote from: BennyHarp on July 14, 2014, 07:58:46 PM
Tyrone need to become more aggressive and I don't think that is instilled on at least half the current panel. They need a bit of Clonoe DNA and I am not stirring the shit here. Damien Cassidy has done wonders for Clonoe whilst Tyrone are going backwards all the time  . Time for new faces on the hill at Ballygawley!

Cassidy wasn't great at inter county level with Derry. It's not as easy as it looks you know, Hugh.

Are you not being very sore on him. Derry suck, and have for along time, manys a man have tried and failed, and more will. He has shown himself to be the best in Tyrone with Clonoe, basically winning all their is to win.Maybe  Derry was and still are the problem and not him. Mc Ivor is in the same boat, both got Derry to a national league final, but didn't do it in championship, the same problem we have with our own current group of county players, not enough quality players for the big games.
BYW Harte should b left alone. His pride will have been hurt with the performance. So many players under performed. I think Harte has to reinvent himself, and he has to start by freshing up his management team.

ONeill

Hill v Tattyreagh on Sunday will go a long way in deciding who finishes second in division 3. I think the Rock will sow that title up.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

omagh_gael

I was standing at midfield on Sunday and the inability of runners to break through the Armagh 45 defensive screen was mindboggling (Mark Donnelly did more damage in 10 mins than most put together). We had McCurry and SoN isolated up front with 5+ men round them at all times. There was no plan B until the Sean was put up front in last few minutes.

The worst thing was that these are the same problems that we'vewitnessed for 5 years!

BennyHarp

Quote from: Man Marker on July 15, 2014, 01:36:42 AM

Are you not being very sore on him. Derry suck, and have for along time, manys a man have tried and failed, and more will. He has shown himself to be the best in Tyrone with Clonoe, basically winning all their is to win.Maybe  Derry was and still are the problem and not him. Mc Ivor is in the same boat, both got Derry to a national league final, but didn't do it in championship, the same problem we have with our own current group of county players, not enough quality players for the big games.
BYW Harte should b left alone. His pride will have been hurt with the performance. So many players under performed. I think Harte has to reinvent himself, and he has to start by freshing up his management team.

I don't think I'm being harsh on Cassidy - his record in the championship wasn't great with Derry. Hugh is putting forward Cassidy as the type of manager who would instill the qualities into Tyrone that we are missing. My point is that he couldn't do that in Derry, getting thumped by Tyrone in 2009 and getting beaten in a preliminary round by Armagh in 2010. Derry have always had good players and Cassidy failed to solve the problems that they faced. My point isn't that Cassidy is a bad manager, his work with Clonoe speaks for itself and deserves massive respect, my point is that Inter county management is not as easy as it seems.
That was never a square ball!!

NDA

Mickey Harte has a year left on his term, he has said he wants to complete his term and review the situation after that.
There should be no debate about his position until after his term ends next year. The County board and clubs need to back him and the team fully. It is easy to support a winning team and easy to criticise when things are going badly.
We are in a difficult position now and there are no quick fix solutions.
Problems behind the scences with Co Committee and CCC need sorted first as a priority. Tyrone need to get the financial situation under control, real leadership from the top table and new positive thinking 'football' people on committees rather than clueless administrators/dictators/dinosaurs with agendas and old grudges.
At present clubs, county teams and players are all losing out.

Knock Yer Mucker In

A brilliant result for us on Friday night, we were fully deserving of the victory, why Ardboe played so defensively is puzzling, anyway when it came to the winning period we had the quality to respond from /2 points down. Ardboe had their chance at the end to steal a draw, but they did not take it. That is two res titles on the trot. Fantastic achievement.

Q
Quote from: BennyHarp on July 15, 2014, 11:20:33 AM
Quote from: Man Marker on July 15, 2014, 01:36:42 AM

I don't think I'm being harsh on Cassidy - his record in the championship wasn't great with Derry. Hugh is putting forward Cassidy as the type of manager who would instill the qualities into Tyrone that we are missing. My point is that he couldn't do that in Derry, getting thumped by Tyrone in 2009 and getting beaten in a preliminary round by Armagh in 2010. Derry have always had good players and Cassidy failed to solve the problems that they faced. My point isn't that Cassidy is a bad manager, his work with Clonoe speaks for itself and deserves massive respect, my point is that Inter county management is not as easy as it seems.

Cassidy was nuts to take Derry after winning the championship with us. Derry had nothing then, their championship performances prior to that showed they had not the quality. I told him that too lol. Tyrone beat them in that semi final after Derry beat Monaghan with a spirited performance, then the wheels came off and they faced us with 6/7 missing, it was a cake walk for us. Derry as usual showed no balls. I was delighted to c them go belly up as usual cause we got our man back and the rest is history. Derry underage is a disaster, it's not a shock they r struggling. Mc Ivor was mad to go in ther, it's only a matter of time before it goes pear shaped as well, they know no other way, to parochial.

Quote from: NDA on July 15, 2014, 11:47:22 AM
Mickey Harte has a year left on his term, he has said he wants to complete his term and review the situation after that.
There should be no debate about his position until after his term ends next year. The County board and clubs need to back him and the team fully. It is easy to support a winning team and easy to criticise when things are going badly.
We are in a difficult position now and there are no quick fix solutions.
Problems behind the scences with Co Committee and CCC need sorted first as a priority. Tyrone need to get the financial situation under control, real leadership from the top table and new positive thinking 'football' people on committees rather than clueless administrators/dictators/dinosaurs with agendas and old grudges.
At present clubs, county teams and players are all losing out.

Harte deserves to be treated with respect. We don't have the players presently and are in major transition. No doubt the CCC has been at odds with him and have gave him no backing at all, to have lost Clarke and young Harte due to games being played that should not defines major problems. A lot of CB men looking to get even after years of having to do what they are told.

clarshack

anyone know what the outstanding debt is on garvaghey? and also how much it costs to run per year?

Up The Middle

Quote from: clarshack on July 15, 2014, 01:22:31 PM
anyone know what the outstanding debt is on garvaghey? and also how much it costs to run per year?

Great question, something i have been wondering myself. Everyone talks about the debt and it being a white elephant (i have never been up to it) i havent seen any figures to back this up, surely the accounts are public knowledge?
I'm very important. I have many leather-bound books and my apartment smells of rich mahogany.

hugh the root

Too many wannabes hanging out around Garvaghey running up costs no end . Send the whole lot packing towards omagh and ear eglish!