Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sandwiches_in_the_boot

Quote from: EC Unique on April 15, 2012, 07:45:26 PM
Quote from: Carmen Stateside on April 15, 2012, 06:32:47 PM
Quote from: EC Unique on April 15, 2012, 05:59:02 PM
Was poor alright but Errigal had the win but for a few very poor errors. Much better side but could not put it on the scoreboard. Carmen will be delighted with a point. :-\

Delighted with the two points in the reserves as well!

Was not at the stiffs match so can't comment. Do carmen have many more to come into the team? No pensrose today. Is wee dan still playing? Big Ozz after suspension is up?

I can see Oz coming back after he has served his time. Will want to retire on his own terms. Wee Dan and Paul Hughes are gone as far as I know. Carmen are also without John Donnelly, Benny McLaughlin and Paul Daly (all emigration). Big losses at the back. There's probably another couple gone that I've forgot.

Colm McGurk is also out injured in the long-term. Kevin McNally and Gormley both took knocks on Sunday as well, Maco's looked more serious. On the positive, Penrose should be back soon, so I hear.

It'll all be about rebuilding the team this year.
"A cynic is a man who, when he smells flowers, looks around for a coffin."
H. L. Mencken

bigtogs

Quote from: sandwiches_in_the_boot on April 16, 2012, 08:48:09 PM
Quote from: EC Unique on April 15, 2012, 07:45:26 PM
Quote from: Carmen Stateside on April 15, 2012, 06:32:47 PM
Quote from: EC Unique on April 15, 2012, 05:59:02 PM
Was poor alright but Errigal had the win but for a few very poor errors. Much better side but could not put it on the scoreboard. Carmen will be delighted with a point. :-\

Delighted with the two points in the reserves as well!

Was not at the stiffs match so can't comment. Do carmen have many more to come into the team? No pensrose today. Is wee dan still playing? Big Ozz after suspension is up?

I can see Oz coming back after he has served his time. Will want to retire on his own terms. Wee Dan and Paul Hughes are gone as far as I know. Carmen are also without John Donnelly, Benny McLaughlin and Paul Daly (all emigration). Big losses at the back. There's probably another couple gone that I've forgot.

Colm McGurk is also out injured in the long-term. Kevin McNally and Gormley both took knocks on Sunday as well, Maco's looked more serious. On the positive, Penrose should be back soon, so I hear.

It'll all be about rebuilding the team this year.

Carmen seem to have lost some big names a lot of defenders too, defence prob the strongest part of their team..

Aaron Boone

Gaffer

"Well ! Well ! Well !  If it ain't the Smoker !!!"

EC Unique

Wee Roddy

He plays second row and hits the conversations and frees. Imagine Paul OConnell hitting them.
On yesterdays match between Carrickmore and Errigal, i fail to see how Errigal people are blaming the referee. He hardly blew a free the whole game and to be honest yesterday it suited the men from Dunmoyle.
Sandwiches do you remember a younger Carmen team or should i say less experienced team? I thought i seen Dan and Paul Hughes on the field yesterday near the dugout all the same. Mark Donnelly was the only player to finish the game on the Carmen side with a championship medal as a starter so credit is due to the lads for showing a bit of spirit.
Enda McGinley is still the real deal folks.

orangeman

Minor league tonight

Strabane 0-0 Carrickmore 0-0

What happened there ? Blanket defence taken to a new level or what ?

Plenty of reds in Omagh tonight apart from the Trillick men as well.

everymanaman

Quote from: orangeman on April 17, 2012, 10:04:30 PM
Minor league tonight

Looks like game didn't take place-another no-show from Cmore at this level

Norf Tyrone

I heard Strabanes pitch was waterlogged.
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

EC Unique

Quote from: everymanaman on April 18, 2012, 08:22:38 AM
Minor league tonight

From what I heard Carmen have withdrawn their minor team from competition.

Nally Stand

Quote from: Wee Roddy on April 16, 2012, 10:44:22 PM
He plays second row and hits the conversations and frees.

He's full of chat altogether!!
"The island of saints & scholars...and gombeens & fuckin' arselickers" Christy Moore

twenty one yard free

Quote from: Gaffer on April 16, 2012, 09:34:36 PM
Kyle Coney out for 10 weeks.
From what I ve heard Kyle is out for the season

ziggysego

Quote from: twenty one yard free on April 18, 2012, 08:38:48 PM
Quote from: Gaffer on April 16, 2012, 09:34:36 PM
Kyle Coney out for 10 weeks.
From what I ve heard Kyle is out for the season

Yep, he confirmed it on Twitter.
Testing Accessibility

sandwiches_in_the_boot

Quote from: EC Unique on April 18, 2012, 09:28:34 AM
Quote from: everymanaman on April 18, 2012, 08:22:38 AM
Minor league tonight

From what I heard Carmen have withdrawn their minor team from competition.

Don't think so. The team has been invigorated and put in a great performance against Cappagh last week and were unlucky not to beat them. I would be very surprised if the team were withdrawn at this point.
"A cynic is a man who, when he smells flowers, looks around for a coffin."
H. L. Mencken

shezam

With their Ulster Senior Football Championship opener against Armagh just seven weeks away, Tyrone have been dealt a major blow with the withdrawal of Tommy McGuigan from the panel.

The Ardboe man informed Tyrone boss Mickey Harte of his decision on Tuesday, and revealed to the 'Herald' that the extent of his knee injury left him with little option but to put his inter-county career on hold for this season at least.

"I rang Mickey (Harte) on Tuesday afternoon. He knew I'd been struggling, because I had quit training for a month there to try and rest it up to see if it would settle.

"I came back and trained for a week and a half, then played a league match for the club last weekend.

"I came home after that match and I honestly was barely able to walk. After every training session I was having to ice the knee for a few hours just to settle it, but Sunday was the final straw."

- Ulster Herald