Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

loughshore lad

Liam Donnelly and Martin Coyle took serious stick within Tyrone footballing circles, and on this board, for their failure to win more titles when in charge of the U21s. 

Will Munroe et al get fingers pointed at them now?

Early rumblings on here suggests they will.

nothingbettertobeat

Quote from: loughshore lad on April 12, 2012, 11:23:46 AM
Liam Donnelly and Martin Coyle took serious stick within Tyrone footballing circles, and on this board, for their failure to win more titles when in charge of the U21s. 

we are all disappointed yes i know and its easy to blame the managers. Cavan had their home work done yet again. they won the game on the line. the longer Cavan were in that game last night the harder they were gonna be to be put away. the referee was horrible not good to either side and 75% of cavans scores was from placed balls that incuded the penalty. no disrespect to Cavan in anyway but Tyrone had by far the more talented players at their disposal last night and even last year but what them boys dont have in technical ability they compensate with hard word and steely grit and seem to grow into certain situations. alot of credit has to go to your managers, IMO if your sideline had of had that Tyrone panel from last night they have won the game thats how i see it if i am coming across a bit blunt
"A champion is someone who gets up when he can't."

loughshore lad

Quote from: nothingbettertobeat on April 12, 2012, 12:51:21 PM
Quote from: loughshore lad on April 12, 2012, 11:23:46 AM

we are all disappointed yes i know and its easy to blame the managers. Cavan had their home work done yet again. they won the game on the line. the longer Cavan were in that game last night the harder they were gonna be to be put away. the referee was horrible not good to either side and 75% of cavans scores was from placed balls that incuded the penalty. no disrespect to Cavan in anyway but Tyrone had by far the more talented players at their disposal last night and even last year but what them boys dont have in technical ability they compensate with hard word and steely grit and seem to grow into certain situations. alot of credit has to go to your managers, IMO if your sideline had of had that Tyrone panel from last night they have won the game thats how i see it if i am coming across a bit blunt

First off, I am from Tyrone and not Cavan!!

Secondly I was not at any of the U21 games this year and am therefore not really in a position to comment on how things unfolded nor will I be pointing any fingers at management.

2 U21 titles back to back suggests to me that Cavan have plenty of talent.

NDA

I think some of the posts show a serious lack of respect for Cavan.
Cavan clearly have a good group of players and fully deserved their win last night.
Maybe some of the Tyrone lads are over rated?
Maybe some Tyrone fans need to look at the reality that the team last night was poor and has been poor in all the games I have seen them play this year. Easy to blame managers when you lose, for me Cavan were the better team and had the better players.

clarshack

stewartstown v killeeshil is now on saturday at 3.00pm due to our strictly dancing nite. there's no reserve game.

everymanaman

Scientists apparently baffled by the bright lights emanating from the Gortin Road at midnight on Good Friday. Some are even arguing that it may have some religious connections. 45 men wearing black hoodies were reportedly seen in the area. :o

l-iver

was Dregishes win at the weekend predicted? Heard at the beginning of the year that they may have problems fielding a team this year.Good start for them

EC Unique

Quote from: everymanaman on April 13, 2012, 11:53:56 AM
Scientists apparently baffled by the bright lights emanating from the Gortin Road at midnight on Good Friday. Some are even arguing that it may have some religious connections. 45 men wearing black hoodies were reportedly seen in the area. :o

;D ;D  sounds like a right load of hooha. Who is managing Omagh this year?

Puckoon

Quote from: everymanaman on April 13, 2012, 11:53:56 AM

Was there talk of blood oaths?

l-iver

Just in from the big smoke the word is that the black hoodied men have been seen heading to Healy Park for early morning sessions

Hashtag

Quote from: l-iver on April 13, 2012, 04:25:32 PM
was Dregishes win at the weekend predicted? Heard at the beginning of the year that they may have problems fielding a team this year.Good start for them

Heard they got a few new players in from across the border. Dunno if it is right though. Some surprising results in Div 3 for the first weekend with Killyman getting beaten too, them only down. Dregish's win stands out though.

bigfrank

Stewartstown got their division two campaign off to a winning start when they defeated Killeeshil 1-12 to 1-9 at Kennedy Park on Saturday afternoon. Former county attacker Gareth Devlin got the Harps' goal from the penalty spot with Dan Lowe, James Kelly and Peter Armour featuring among their points. Ciaran O'Neill got the goal for the hosts

clarshack

Quote from: bigfrank on April 14, 2012, 05:52:39 PM
Stewartstown got their division two campaign off to a winning start when they defeated Killeeshil 1-12 to 1-9 at Kennedy Park on Saturday afternoon. Former county attacker Gareth Devlin got the Harps' goal from the penalty spot with Dan Lowe, James Kelly and Peter Armour featuring among their points. Ciaran O'Neill got the goal for the hosts

first league win away to killeeshil in 29 years and 8 attempts for the harps!

Carmen Stateside

Quote from: clarshack on April 14, 2012, 06:07:27 PM
Quote from: bigfrank on April 14, 2012, 05:52:39 PM

first league win away to killeeshil in 29 years and 8 attempts for the harps!

Not surprised Stewertstown won this one, heard one of theKilleeshill players had a big win in the masters last weekend and had most of the lads in Tiffys all week helping him spend the winnings! Hardly ideal preparation for the opening league game!

EC Unique

Best of luck to the Errigal lads in the first league game. A nice wee friendly match with our good neighbours.