Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

supersarsfields

Sounds Like Fabian McGlone alright Norf. He usually talks to the players and calls the foul after he blows the whistle.

tonesfirstandlast

Tyrone club football is abysmally poor. You put far too much emphasis on county at the expense of the club.
Only one club in Tyrone has one an Ulster in 40 years.

Carmen Stateside

Quote from: Norf Tyrone on October 11, 2010, 11:44:46 AM
We had a ref doing one of our league games a few years back, and everytime he blew his whistle he yelled what it was for, 'push', 'pulling jersey' etc. He certainly stopped any questioning of his decisions, and he controlled the game really well based on it. I am nearly sure he was from Drumragh. If I heard the name again I'd know it.

This is what all referees should be made do.  Works a treat in the rugby.

Zapatista

Quote from: tonesfirstandlast on October 11, 2010, 02:15:19 PM
Tyrone club football is abysmally poor. You put far too much emphasis on county at the expense of the club.

How do you account for the performance of the County for the first 30 of those 40 years?

KIDDO 4

TYRONE O'NEILL'S YOUTH FIXTURES - Sat 16th Oct

O'Neill's U-16 FL - Grade 1 Final
Omagh                                          V Donaghmore  @  Pomeroy 2.15pm  Sat 16th Oct

Grade 2 U.16  FL Semi/final
Ardboe                                          V Newtownstewart   @ Loughmaccrory @ 11am  Sat 16th Octt

Gr. 2  U.16  FC Final
Trillick                                     V Dungannon @ Eskra  @ 12.30pm Sat 16th Oct

U.16 Gr.4  FL S/F (Replay)
Gortin V Killeeshil  at Eskra ( Replay) @ 11am  Sat 16th Oct

Grade 3 Minor FC Semi/Finals
Derrytresk                                   v Aghyaran  Sat 16th Oct  @ Greencastle  11.30am

Brocagh                                        V Moy  @ Augher   Sat 16 th Oct  12.30pm

U.13 Gr.3 FL Final Replay - Sat 16th Oct
Fintona             V. Moy         in Augher  Sat 16th Oct @ 11am

Norf Tyrone

Quote from: supersarsfields on October 11, 2010, 12:58:08 PM
Sounds Like Fabian McGlone alright Norf. He usually talks to the players and calls the foul after he blows the whistle.

That's the boyo.
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

Redhand Santa

Quote from: tonesfirstandlast on October 11, 2010, 02:15:19 PM

Tyrone club football is good with a good spread of quality throughout the divisions. This has been reflected in recent success stories at Intermediate and Junior levels at Ulster and All Ireland levels. The lack of success at senior level is more a result of there not being 1 outstanding club team in the county which in some ways is probably better for footabll. Crossmaglens domination didn't do football in Armagh any good and their success certainly didn't mean club football there was better than Tyrones.

caraghtyrone

County Final Referee?

Hi does anyone know when the ref for the final is announced or who do we all feel is in the running?

My monies on either Mc Hugh or Sludden.

offthefence

Quote from: caraghtyrone on October 11, 2010, 09:35:09 PM
County Final Referee?

Hi does anyone know when the ref for the final is announced or who do we all feel is in the running?

[/quote

i would say it will be sludden cos mchugh made a real hash of semi but then u never know

Sure,hit it yourself Ref!

County Final Referee?

Is that what it has really come to? Whats wrong with McNamee or Sean Quinn? 

mick the master

Quote from: Sure,hit it yourself Ref! on October 11, 2010, 11:12:06 PM
County Final Referee?

I heard a month ago that mc connell is get it!it just gets better!rumour has it that mickey hughes who marks the refs sats that in every game there should be a least 13 yellow cards giving out,mc namee refreed one at the start of the championship and handed out 3 and hughes marked him badly thats why we havent seen him since!
after what i seen on saturday mc hugh was a disaster,he would wreck a county final!

Sure,hit it yourself Ref!

Quote from: mick the master on October 12, 2010, 12:15:17 AM
Quote from: Sure,hit it yourself Ref! on October 11, 2010, 11:12:06 PM
County Final Referee?

I heard a month ago that mc connell is get it!it just gets better!rumour has it that mickey hughes who marks the refs sats that in every game there should be a least 13 yellow cards giving out,mc namee refreed one at the start of the championship and handed out 3 and hughes marked him badly thats why we havent seen him since!
after what i seen on saturday mc hugh was a disaster,he would wreck a county final!

Thats crazy! On Saturday, I would reckon the ball was in play for about 10/12min in the first half maximum yet there was only one minute of additional time, then in the second half, five minutes were signalled. Serious lack of consistency shown on Saturday past and the look was always on McHugh that he was just waiting on any excuse to blow the whistle, often to the bewildernment of the crowd. At the end of the day, we shouldnt be talking about the referee after a game, that highlights the difference between a good referee and a bad one, theres never talk about a good one!

As for McConnell, after the Omagh Ardboe game how in the naw of god is he still  in the reckoning for senior championship games?!? Never mind the final...crazy!

Dell

In some counties the two teams in the final write the names of the three refs they think should get it in order 1, 2 ,3 and then the county board look at both lists and select the first name that appears twice. In some counties the two clubs have even sat together to agree a name.
How would that work if it happend in Tyrone a lot of ref's would never get a final. I bet clubs would select the men who ref with some common sense and not the men who are there to score high marks on a tick sheet at the expense of the game.
light travels faster than sound this is why some people appear bright until they speak

nothingbettertobeat

this will probably not go down too well on this but i think mcconnell's performances this season have been a great deal higher to some of the games he's refereed down through the years in the past.
Coalisland fans in front of us were moaning about him after 30 seconds in the Kidress game which was unwarranted.
hes a referee that his reputation goes in front of him.
theres not alot of good ones out there at the minute.
"A champion is someone who gets up when he can't."

Club Rossa

Coalisland fans must be a patient lot.Most other fans moan about him as soon as they see him coming onto the pitch ;)