Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MR99

Quote from: new devil on December 15, 2009, 11:56:39 AM
Not much off a loss i don't think..has been poor enough the last few years..if Tyrone don't have better corner backs in the county they may forget about it IMO

New Devil, are you on drugs?  Ricey was by a country mile Tyrone's best defender this year, consistently getting 8 out of 10 every game barring Cork where he got 7 and even then he was the man who stood up in the last 20 and drove the team on.  Just ask any of the other county men who play with him how good he is.  There is no way he will retire as he will be the captain of the team and will be standing on the steps of Croke Park in September lifting a trophy and you will be on the pitch in jubilation wondering how you ever doubted him.

cookstownblue

Hope your right MR99, however the source is a man on the dromore board, and pretty well known throughout tyrone football.  In a way it would make sense for Ricey to walk, he has three all ireland medals and a wealth of experience to begin coaching underage in Dromore.  Whatever happens Good luck to him, he gave nothin less than 100% when he pulled on a white and red jersey, and struck fear in his opponents! Remember him marking Bradley against Derry in Casement one saturday evening?

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: MR99 on December 15, 2009, 02:01:40 PM
Quote from: new devil on December 15, 2009, 11:56:39 AM
Not much off a loss i don't think..has been poor enough the last few years..if Tyrone don't have better corner backs in the county they may forget about it IMO

New Devil, are you on drugs? 

No, I'd say he's just come off them, that's the problem!  :D
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

bigfrank

Was on a long drive on sunday and friend asked the following question to help pass the time...there are 15 players that were on the 03 all ireland winning team but not playing for tyrone now...can u name them??? Not overly hard but gets u thinking..the last player is always a nightmare :)

Family guy

Are you on drugs big frank??Drives on a sunday who are you kidding u were sculling pints of tennents,thats crazy talk

Bonkers09

Brian Robinson,
Paul Horisk,
Ger Cavlan,
Cormac McAnallen RIP,
Gavin Devlin,
Seamus Mulgrew,
Frank McGuigan,
Peter Canavan,
Mickey Coleman,
Cormac McGinley,
Chris Lawn,
Peter Loughran,
Decky McCrossan,
Mark Harte

Zapatista

Quote from: cookstownblue on December 15, 2009, 11:43:53 AM
Any truth from dromore direction that Ricey is quitting County Football?  It was mentioned at our AGM on Sunday, surely a massive loss to Tyrone if true!

I doubt it. It's strange timing too as he's is half way across the world at the minute.

Zapatista

Quote from: midnightcaller on December 15, 2009, 12:47:34 PM
They seem to have a good coach in charge already. Also I may be mistaken here, but was there not a bit of tension from the championship matches of years gone by and some sideline shenanigans?

No

bigfrank

Quote from: Bonkers09 on December 15, 2009, 06:57:30 PM
Brian Robinson,
Paul Horisk,
Ger Cavlan,
Cormac McAnallen RIP,
Gavin Devlin,
Seamus Mulgrew,
Frank McGuigan,
Peter Canavan,
Mickey Coleman,
Cormac McGinley,
Chris Lawn,
Peter Loughran,
Decky McCrossan,
Mark Harte

last player driving u Bonkers i bet :)

Gaffer

"Well ! Well ! Well !  If it ain't the Smoker !!!"

Carmen Stateside

bigfrank

Mulgrew already listed..nice try carmen lol :)

redhugh

Do ye mean John Devine Frank - who could'nt play in the 08 final?

longrunsthefox

If that's the answer... a bit tasteless for a trick question. I'm sure John Devine would have got a
medal for 2008.

orangeman

Roisin Jordan Eglish new vice chair.