Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

goal and a point

Quote from: Archie Mitchell on December 01, 2009, 12:08:55 AM
So your all for youth players getting assaulted by adult stewards when trying to play a match? I hope your never in charge of a youth team. Regardless of a teams previous history, an incident like this should never be brushed under the carpet. The Omagh management team tried to rough up Kyle Coney at half time of the drawn final last year, yet it was one of the Ardboe managers who got a touchline ban for the replay for calling the linesman a w**ker. Maybe it's time to take youth finals which Omagh are involved in out of Healy Park.

agree that finals should be taken out of there if are involved - i remeber the Ardboe incident last year and was at least 4/ 5 omagh officals pushing going in at half time and they had nothing to do with the team

Fuzzman

Fear sent me this from the Tyrone website.
Anyone know where the final will be held or does it depend if its Dublin or Mayo.
I hope its the Dubs for obvious reasons.

Can anyone help clarify what clubs some of these players are from & did they play Tyrone Seniors?

30 Nov 2009

ALL IRELAND MASTERS SEMI-FINAL
TYRONE 1-7 DERRY 0-8

PADDY HUNTER

A second half goal from Trillicks Iggy Gallagher proved to be enough to seal the Tyrone over 40s footballers a place in this years all Ireland masters final. Trailing by a point against all Ireland champions Derry, Gallagher was on hand to tap home from substitute Mickey Mc Canns long ball on the 49th minute and Tyrone never looked back. A determined display by  Tyrone  saw them seal a 1-7 to 0-8 victory against a Derry team with no fewer than ten all Ireland senior medal winners on show at Belfasts Corrigan Park.

Under the guidance of Joe Leonard and Eugene Bradley Tyrone will now face the winners of Dublin and Mayo, that game fixed for next weekend, but on Saturdays showing against the champions Tyrone will feel confident of claiming that elusive first title after three final defeats.

Derry opened brightest in near perfect conditions at the West Belfast venue, Enda Gormley, Paddy McGurk and Seamus Quinn points put them in the driving seat, Tyrones reply, a solitary point from Niall Conway. An Eamon Kavanagh pointed free after Aidan McGahan was chopped down drew Tyrone closer but Derry powered on with the ageless Joe Brolly and Richard Ferris on target with points

Sean Darcy moved into midfield for Tyrone  with Vinny Owens fresh from a trip to Australia going to full forward and that certainly gave Tyrone a bit of an edge, only after Brian McCallion pulled of a stunning save at the feet of Basil Rafferty. Hugh Quinn was getting plenty of ball but the Derry defence were settled into their task well  but the McCallion save seemed to ignite Tyrone,  Darcy and Fergal Gormley were superb at midfield and Kavanagh was marshalling the defence well as they closed the gap to two again with a well taken Iggy Gallagher point. A high ball from Mickey Cummings saw Derry keeper James Deighan palm the ball away and in the closing stages of the half Kavanagh left just a point between the sides. 0-5 to 0-4 in favour of the champions.

Derry enjoyed the best of openings in the second half too, Henry Downey, Brolly and the talented Seamus Quinn stole in for chances, all went went with only Johnny McGurk raising the white flag.  Bustling full forward Owens saw his goalbound effort cleared while at the other end Raymond Munroe and Carrickmore teammate Gavin McElroy stalled several Derry attacks ably assisted by Kevin Bogle.

Tyrone were forced into changes Fergal Gormley and captain Kavanagh  withdrawen with injury, Niall Kilpatrick and Nigel Mullan introduced.

Iggy Gallagher put a point between the sides again and Tyrone brought on Beraghs Mickey McCann to add some potency to the attack as they pressed for the equaliser.

Within seconds Tyrone were in front and they were not to be caught. McCanns free from the right caused problems for the Derry defence, Owens and Gallagher rose for the ball with the Trilick man getting the final touch to the net.

Ten minutes to go and Derry were not going to reliquish their crown without a fight, McGurk floating over a well taken point. A glorious Mullan point left it 1-6 to seven points with Tyrones noses in front with the clock ticking down. Derry threw everything at the challangers in the final minutes, a remarkable five minutes of additional time  added on by the Antrim referee who had throughout the tie frustrated both teams with fussy frees in a game hugely competitive but minus one dirty tackle.

McGurk, Enda Gormley and Brolly went close, McCallion called into action in the Tyrone goals again, Munroe, McElroy and Conway standing firm. On 63 minutes McCann hit the insurance point for Tyrone but there was still time for a final Derry point with Brolly converting from a tight angle.

The final whistle, when it did eventually come was greeted with delight and relief by a dogged Tyrone side that had muscled in on the all Ireland champions and claimed a final spot. Tyrones ability to stop the threat of Brolly and Gormley proved crucial while the workrate shown by the O'Neill county was tremendous.

Tyrone captain Eamon Kavanagh summed up the mood in the Tyrone camp at the end.

"We were determined there today, we were always in touch and even when they were a couple of points ahead we still had more in reserve, we could have played better but at last we had belief in ourselves and that shone through especially in the closing stages when Derry really went for the goal, We were missing a couple of fellas today and with them back and knowing the way we can play, we will go into the final full of confidence"

Tyrone face the winners of Mayo and Dublin in the decider before Christmas.

MATCH FACTS

TYRONE, Brian McCallion, Kevin Bogle, Gavin McElroy, Niall Conway 0-1, Liam Sweeney, Ray Munroe, Eamon Kavanagh 0-2, Vinny Owens, Fergal Gormley, Iggy Gallagher 1-2, Michael Cummings, Hugh Quinn, Aidan McGahan, Sean Darcy, John McElholm

SUBS USED, Niall Kilpatrick FOR Kavanagh, Mickey McCann 0-1 FOR Mc Gahan, Nigel Mullan  0-1 FOR Gormley

DERRY James Deighan, Peter McDermott, Ciaran McElhinney, Gary Quinn, Johnny McGurk 0-2, Henry Downey, Richard Ferris, Johnny McGee, Colm Rafferty, Seamus Quinn 0-1, Basil Rafferty, Dom Bradley, Paddy McGurk,0-1, Enda Gormley 0-1, Joe Brolly 0-2

comeontheredhands

Quote from: stevetheman on November 30, 2009, 11:14:27 PM
well done to cookstown on winning ulster and good luck to them in the all ireland semi - whilst the club are no doubt celebrating i have no doubt that they are disgusted by the tyrone ccc who last week brushed the assaults of four cookstown u16s by three omagh officials at half time during the championship final under the carpet - shame on tyrone ccc and the county board for not having the integrity to tackle this issue head on - another organisation sweeps a child protection issue under the carpet.
The GAA needs to look after the safety of all its players but in particular its youth and ensure they are not subject to assault by grown men particularly when those men are in positions of authority.The GAA needs to grasp this nettle and deal with it - otherwise this type of incident will happen again and as opposed to black eyes and brusiing a child will end up with a broken jaw or much worse.Will it take something like that to waken the GAA up to its duty of Child Protection.No club should allow these sort of people stay as members not to mention having them in any sort of official capacity no matter what  decision is made by a CCC.

Family guy

Quote from: cookstownblue on December 01, 2009, 09:31:54 AM
Well done to our lads, they have worked extremely hard all year and have the fortune of being sucessful this year- so many teams put so much work in all year and dont get the results/silverware they deserve.

Family Guy, catch yourself on you bitter ****, i played that day against in eglish and it was the killeshill supporters that jumped the wire and their current "star" that got involved!  You obviously werent there!

Its a disgrace that the Omagh incident has been swept under the carpet!  The culprits should be named and shamed!

Yes was there cookstown blue,seen it all with my own 2 eyes,but will let it go,congrats to cookstown yous had a good year fair play 2 yas

stevetheman

Quote from: Family guy on November 30, 2009, 11:48:41 PM
Good enough for cookstown,no word of them when the u16 grade 1 leage final against killeeshil the cookstown management sparked a field fight and encouaraged it and then there supporters climbed the fence in eglish,i know it happened in 2001 but still have the memoty strong in my voice,cause game was abonded with 2mins left and killeeshil up by 6 points,with the game never being replayed and both teams being kicked out
How inappropriate a name - Family Guy - We are talking about children aged 14-16 being physically assaulted by grown men and not just one adult hitting one child - at least one of the lads were hit by 2 men at the one time - i don`t care what club it is or who the adults are - the county committee need to make an example of these men now so as to ensure this never happens again to any child from any club - men who do this should never be allowed to be in any position of authority within the gaa again - this is the least parents need to be assured their children will be safe.
I don`t agree that moving the venue of any final from its natural location is the way to deal with this - at the very least thats unfair to the opposing team and its not addressing the problem

Family guy

Your exactly right i said it was a disgrace then and i still say it is,low scummy action to do this i was just giving the people from cookstown a lesson on how it was to be on the recieving end of it with there adults attacking the u16 team that day.I think the main problem this happens is teams have sometimes up to 6 or 7 men on the line where as they should only be allowed 3 at the most

cookstownblue

Quote from: Family guy on December 01, 2009, 12:28:16 PM
Well done to our lads, they have worked extremely hard all year and have the fortune of being sucessful this year- so many teams put so much work in all year and dont get the results/silverware they deserve.

Family Guy, catch yourself on you bitter ****, i played that day against in eglish and it was the killeshill supporters that jumped the wire and their current "star" that got involved!  You obviously werent there!

Its a disgrace that the Omagh incident has been swept under the carpet!  The culprits should be named and shamed!

Yes was there cookstown blue,seen it all with my own 2 eyes,but will let it go,congrats to cookstown yous had a good year fair play 2 yas

Yeah you seemed to let that one go very handy-i reckon you have re-read your previous posts and realised you were talking crap- and yes we had a good year and are having an excellent season, still have two games to play to make it a clean sweep!

cookstownblue

Quote from: Family guy on November 06, 2009, 11:33:59 PM
Killeeshil are supposed to have announced the appointment of gusty mc mullan as manager with milo skeffington helping out.They also appointed the double team management for the reserves in Eugene Quinn and Francie Lappin

Is a 2 man team partnership good in your opinino???

[quote author=on the sideline link=topic=12.msg677495#msg677495 date=1257520438
Any word on new managerial appointments throughout the County?
or, on what clubs have parted company with last years management?
or, who will be staying same as last year?

Also, has anyone any suggestions as to who they think would make good coaches or trainers, to accompany managers, i.e. Porter at Dromore, or Stevie Quinn with the 'Castle
Padraig O Kane from the loup staying at the helm in Killeshill

EC Unique

What is the point in the county board putting all underage managers etc through a child protection course and letting this slip? Massive error of judgement IMHO.  :-[

ziggysego

Congratulations to all involved in Cookstown on winning the Ulster title at the weekend. Only team left carrying the Tyrone flag in the All-Ireland Club scene this year.

I wish you all the best of luck in the semi-final and you get your big day out in Croke Park.

Winning the Club All-Ireland is like no other feeling. Certainly tops Tyrone winning and that's saying something.

PS Thanks for the promotion of Greencastle ;)
Testing Accessibility

randomtask

i have watched for the last few days at all the men who have been having a go at omagh. i admit i cant particularly comment on what happend at the cookstown omagh match because i wasn't present, but all i know is that i was told that it was extremely exchagerated and that several cookstown players were attacking one omagh player before the incident happend. but thats not the point. all this talk of omagh ardboe minor final is all false. i was there that day and none of this bulls**t that many people are talking about happend, no omagh manager touched an ardboe player in fact they were pulling omagh players away, its a disgrace that so many people think that its ok to talk about something that isn't there business and make judgements when they probably weren't even there that day.

sam03/05

i have been told by very reliable source that one Cookstown player was beat and kicked on the ground by adults, and at least two other were hit by adults.

longrunsthefox

Quote from: randomtask on December 01, 2009, 09:40:41 PM
i have watched for the last few days at all the men who have been having a go at omagh. i admit i cant particularly comment on what happend at the cookstown omagh match because i wasn't present, but all i know is that i was told that it was extremely exchagerated and that several cookstown players were attacking one omagh player before the incident happend. but thats not the point. all this talk of omagh ardboe minor final is all false. i was there that day and none of this bulls**t that many people are talking about happend, no omagh manager touched an ardboe player in fact they were pulling omagh players away, its a disgrace that so many people think that its ok to talk about something that isn't there business and make judgements when they probably weren't even there that day.

Random- like Arsene wenger, you see what suits you. You were very definate about what you saw at Coalisland game and accused their manager on this board but when I asked you wouldn't comment on all you saw in that row. Good name for you alrite... random... 

randomtask

Quote from: longrunsthefox on December 01, 2009, 11:29:32 PM
Quote from: randomtask on December 01, 2009, 09:40:41 PM

Random- like Arsene wenger, you see what suits you. You were very definate about what you saw at Coalisland game and accused their manager on this board but when I asked you wouldn't comment on all you saw in that row. Good name for you alrite... random...

how can i see when im not present, i only comment on such important issues as the ardboe one when i no its a fact!

longrunsthefox

Quote from: randomtask on November 25, 2009, 11:08:15 PM
Quote from: longrunsthefox on November 25, 2009, 11:04:10 PM
Quote from: randomtask on November 25, 2009, 10:22:14 PM
none, from what I'm told i hear it was blowing out of proportion, doesn't help when people come on here talking about it, when no one knows for sure what really happend

Aye, rite enough but sure wasn't there messages on here from Omagh people  ;) about the Coalisland manager and an accusation that came to nothing either...

wasnt an accusation from my point of view, when i seen myself what happend

Remember these messages?  ::)  So... if you are into putting messages on the board about what you saw happened. I'll ask you again... was the injured player fighting in Coalisland game? or do you only comment on bits of things you saw happen and leave out what doesn't suit your agenda.