Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Archie Mitchell

Quote from: wheres he takin er from on November 30, 2009, 01:54:18 AM
Quote from: longrunsthefox on November 25, 2009, 09:56:19 PM
Sure they don't even bother to field an U21 team so maybe don't have that competitive edge at underage and all is foccused on winning seniors. Just thinking Clonoe didn't win anything at underage and won the O'Neill Cup last year... I think

not totally accurate mate. Can't quote you the years but majority of Clonoe team last year won minor and u21 in the past few years. Quite a few have the full set now

I don't think they have.

Norf Tyrone

Quote from: WeeDonns on November 30, 2009, 04:17:11 PM
QuoteHeard a wee bit  of first half report on Q101.

Iggy Gallagher, Barney Conway, Vinney Owens, Sean Darcy were mentioned.

ffs Bensars, you didn't even mention your own club man? Our only county player!

You an Urney man now Wee Donns?
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

amongthebushes

Galballys Micky Murphy also got the call to join the McKenna cup panel even though he hasnt kicked a ball in 18 months!!

Over the Bar

QuoteCan any of ye name any of the Over 40's team?

heres the team from cavan game

Tyrone Team: Danny O'Hagan, Brian Mc Callion, Gavan Mc Elroy, Kevin Bogle, Eamon Kavanagh, Raymond Munroe, Niall Kilpatrick, Fergal Gormley, Roddy Mc Kenna, John Mc Elholm, Mickey Cummings, Aidan Mc Gahan, Iggy Gallagher, Sean Darcy, Mickey Mc Cann. Subs: Hugh Quinn for John Mc Elholm, Nigel Mullin for Mickey Mc Cann, Francie Gallagher for Kevin Bogle.

aslo think i saw Liam sweeneys name somewhere

Hugh Quinn can't be 40.  He was the year behind me in school and I'm not even 40!

Over the Bar

According to the Gaelic Life, a new Tyrone sponsor is in the pipeline for next year.

So it's either Phoenix Gas or NI Water then?

Tyrone Dreamer

Is the McKenna Cup panel now final? Haven't managed to see it anywhere yet.

stevetheman

well done to cookstown on winning ulster and good luck to them in the all ireland semi - whilst the club are no doubt celebrating i have no doubt that they are disgusted by the tyrone ccc who last week brushed the assaults of four cookstown u16s by three omagh officials at half time during the championship final under the carpet - shame on tyrone ccc and the county board for not having the integrity to tackle this issue head on - another organisation sweeps a child protection issue under the carpet.

sam03/05

correct
how many times are the Omagh stewarts going to be allowed to attack children, they got way with it last year when they did it to Ardboe in the minor final, they did it to Cookstown this year as well. What has to happen before something is done, a child killed? or seriously injured? The silence from the county board and the Omagh club on this is sickening.

nothingbettertobeat

Quote from: redcard on November 30, 2009, 04:45:25 PM
Quote from: Fuzzman on November 30, 2009, 02:31:40 PM
Can any of ye name any of the Over 40's team?

Tyrone Team: Danny O'Hagan, Brian Mc Callion, Gavan Mc Elroy, Kevin Bogle, Eamon Kavanagh, Raymond Munroe, Niall Kilpatrick, Fergal Gormley, Roddy Mc Kenna, John Mc Elholm, Mickey Cummings, Aidan Mc Gahan, Iggy Gallagher, Sean Darcy, Mickey Mc Cann. Subs: Hugh Quinn for John Mc Elholm, Nigel Mullin for Mickey Mc Cann, Francie Gallagher for Kevin Bogle.

Roddy mckenna was missing from the semi final team he was at a wedding. Fergal Gormley got injured and looks set to miss out on the final as things stand at the minute.
great to hear Mickey Murphy back in the panel was a great prospect at under age has had a nightmare two years with injury deserves another go.
some competition for places among the trialists for the mckenna cup panel. be fiercely competitive cant wait til the new season starts.

also any truth in daisy transfering to aghaloo?
"A champion is someone who gets up when he can't."

Family guy

Good enough for cookstown,no word of them when the u16 grade 1 leage final against killeeshil the cookstown management sparked a field fight and encouaraged it and then there supporters climbed the fence in eglish,i know it happened in 2001 but still have the memoty strong in my voice,cause game was abonded with 2mins left and killeeshil up by 6 points,with the game never being replayed and both teams being kicked out

Archie Mitchell

So your all for youth players getting assaulted by adult stewards when trying to play a match? I hope your never in charge of a youth team. Regardless of a teams previous history, an incident like this should never be brushed under the carpet. The Omagh management team tried to rough up Kyle Coney at half time of the drawn final last year, yet it was one of the Ardboe managers who got a touchline ban for the replay for calling the linesman a w**ker. Maybe it's time to take youth finals which Omagh are involved in out of Healy Park.

sam03/05

Quote from: Family guy on November 30, 2009, 11:48:41 PM
Good enough for cookstown,no word of them when the u16 grade 1 leage final against killeeshil the cookstown management sparked a field fight and encouaraged it and then there supporters climbed the fence in eglish,i know it happened in 2001 but still have the memoty strong in my voice,cause game was abonded with 2mins left and killeeshil up by 6 points,with the game never being replayed and both teams being kicked out

ok then. just allow grown men to attack kids in a tunnel because of something that happened in 2001.
the fact is that men attacked young boys and the tyrone county board has turned a blind eye to it

Family guy

Yeah they turned a blind eye till it then in 2001,as did cookstown,people and clubs should do the right thing and own up to what they have done

Rocky Mc Guigan

Quote from: Over the Bar on November 30, 2009, 09:59:47 PM
QuoteCan any of ye name any of the Over 40's team?

Hugh Quinn can't be 40.  He was the year behind me in school and I'm not even 40!
Reckon senility settling in early on your good self then as Hugh Quinn is 40 this month which makes him eligible to play all right

cookstownblue

Well done to our lads, they have worked extremely hard all year and have the fortune of being sucessful this year- so many teams put so much work in all year and dont get the results/silverware they deserve.

Family Guy, catch yourself on you bitter ****, i played that day against in eglish and it was the killeshill supporters that jumped the wire and their current "star" that got involved!  You obviously werent there!

Its a disgrace that the Omagh incident has been swept under the carpet!  The culprits should be named and shamed!