Ulster Club Championships

Started by hows she cutting, November 10, 2006, 02:57:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ITOB

Well done RHF.  All results in by 8.27pm.

I thought the Board could have done better but my targets were obviously set to high. Maybe will try it again next weekend with lower targets.

ArmaghBan: 
What time did your super duper radio deliver the complete set of results?  If before the Board's time of 8.27 then why did you not post them?  I really want one of them thar radios.  Did you get it Jonesboro Market?  Is it one of them thar wind-up ones?

ziggysego

Quote from: Redhandfan on November 12, 2006, 07:35:04 PM
ziggysego, I am not sure where your game will be next weekend but watch out for the big Drumhowan full forward James McElroy...he is their dangerman.  It is hard to judge just how good this Drumhowan side is.  Everything they kicked today went over for them but, with a little bit of luck, An Port Mor could have come out on top.  They have a sound midfield and very lively attack but can be vulnerable in defence when run at.  Check out my match report above!

That was some win for Greencastle today.  I reckon you can get the better of those Monaghan boys in the semi-finals.  Good luck.  It is great to see the three Tyrone teams still alive and kicking in the Ulster Championship!

I've heard the game will be in Lisanskea (sp?)

Thanks for the warning of McElroy. I'll let the management know and hopefully we'll be ready for them.

It was a great win for Greencastle today. My wee brother has taken great delight in knowing he is the first person for Greencastle, to score in a Ulster Championship match ever! ;)

However, the results may have flattered us too much. Ardoyne, from what I hear, is primarily a hurling club, so there wasn't much competition for us today. Sorry if anyone from Ardoyne uses this board. I fear that this could in turn, turn out to be a bad start for Greencastle. That said, I'm sure Teague will keep their feets firmly on the ground.
Testing Accessibility

gallsman

QuoteArdoyne, from what I hear, is primarily a hurling club

If hurling means throwing bricks and bottles, then yes, you'd be 100% correct! I remember playing them in an U14 football match and their subs were smoking pot on the sideline!

full back

Catch a grip Gael.Are you saying the bridge got hammered because they drank after they county final?
And as for listening to you-the biggest tube around

Over the Bar

Quotemy Tip for Ulster Ballinderry!

After yesterday's result your really putting your neck on the block there ;)

Guillem2

AIB ULSTER CLUB HURLING FINAL REPLAY   
Cushendall   1-15 1-07 Kevin Lynches, Dungiven

A very one-sided game with big Geoffery's late goal taking the bad look off the score line. Lynches started well and went 5 -2 up and I was thinking we were going to get a good game. But Cushendall got into their stride and blew them away all over the pitch for an easy win in the end. I can't see this Dall team troubling anyone coming out of Connaght.   
Talking is an overrated way of communicating.

bridgegael

bridge beat by better team yesterday.  we were second all over the field. good luck and best wishes to ballinderry for ulster it'll take some team to beat them.  as for that other p***k on another thread, he doesn't even play football. f**king w**ker!
"2009 Gaaboard Cheltenham fantasy league winner"

johnneycool

Quote from: Guillem2 on November 13, 2006, 08:36:38 AM
AIB ULSTER CLUB HURLING FINAL REPLAY   
Cushendall   1-15 1-07 Kevin Lynches, Dungiven

A very one-sided game with big Geoffery's late goal taking the bad look off the score line. Lynches started well and went 5 -2 up and I was thinking we were going to get a good game. But Cushendall got into their stride and blew them away all over the pitch for an easy win in the end. I can't see this Dall team troubling anyone coming out of Connaght.   

The Dall upped the ante yesterday and the Lynches weren't able to live with them and once Liam Hinphey went off near the end of the first half the war was all put over for the Lynches. The tidier quick and direct hurling of the Dall allowed them the more time on the ball to pick out their forwards and it was there where they improved greatly from the last day. Shane McNaughton started to hurl like he can for once. Aidan Delargy though still frustrates with the amount of good opportunities he wastes. Against better opposition he'd need to cut that out. McManus although starting in the forwards played all his best hurling when he came back down the field to sweep up in his own half back line

Dungiven were too laboured in their hurling, rising the ball was a slow exercise for some of their players and were easily blocked or hooked by their opponents. Big Geoffrey was unlucky with his kicked effort in the first half then berated poor Deccy for not giving him a free. He may of had a point but Deccy would of been the worst in the world if he'd of blown a free for Dungiven with the bold Geoffry goal bound. A no win situation for Deccy.

Where to now for Dungiven: A spell in a competitive Antrim ACHL would tidy their hurling up no end, the will seems to be there but I doubt if the structures in Derry are conducive to allow the likes of Banagher and the Lynches compete in Antrim and football fixtures not be affected.

amallon

Well done to Ballinderry yesterday, they were truly asesome all over the park.  Did anyone see what Brendan Grant was sent off for? I was following play and missed it.  Even with 15 men we still wouldn't have won.
Disclaimer: I am responsible for MY comments only.  I don't own this site.

lynchbhoy

Cushendall 1-15 Kevin Lynch's 1-7

Cushendall deserving winners in a somewhat flattering scoreline, but they were obviously the better side.
KL started brightly and went 4 points to 1 up.
After that though they seemed to get stage fright and Cushendall came roaring back.
Losing Liam Hinphey before half time ruined any chances KL had.

Have to say that there were 5 points that I would think are disputable - frees gifted to Cushendall - who didnt need the help!
Ref was poor, and he was lucky that there were no flashpoints and it was a free flowing enough game.

I can imagine if he was in charge the previous week, both sides would have ended up with just the keepers playing.

More interested in booking guys for questioning his decisions than knoing the actual rules.
This guy cannot be high in the Down refereeing charts ?

bridgegael

mallon.. grant was rightly sent off. punched big enda.  as you say wouldnt have mattered anyway. wat club team can afford to have a six foot plus county player playing at corner back??  great team!
"2009 Gaaboard Cheltenham fantasy league winner"

amallon

Just got a text from a Burren woman.  The Bridge are to take part in the new series of 15-1! You have to have see the funny side.

SlimShady

Did ye get a good steak at least? Where at?

Unlucky yesterday, thats a real kick in the stones for that team and it'll take a lot to come back from it but I'm sure ye will.

amallon

DoYerJob Linesman: Fair play to you.  Hope Ballinderry go on and win the All-Ireland.