Ulster Club Championships

Started by hows she cutting, November 10, 2006, 02:57:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hows she cutting

same as me, i can't get it to play either

ziggysego

Greencastle -v- Drumhowan JFC Semi-Final game has been called off due to weather conditions.
Testing Accessibility

Norf Tyrone

Admit it Zig, you've friends in high places  ;)
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

Hereiam

Errigal 0-4 Ballinderry 0-4 18min gone

Errigal 0-5 Ballinderry 0-5 25min gone

One minute of extra time left, Canavan has yet to score with him hitting two wides from play

Half Time 0-5 to 0-5....... not an exciting game so far lets hope for better in the second half

Errigal 0-6 Ballinderry 0-6 41min gone

Errigal 0-6 Ballinderry 0-7 43min gone

Errigal 0-6 Ballinderry 0-8 44min gone

Errigal 0-7 Ballinderry 0-8 46min gone

Errigal 0-8 Ballinderry 0-9 49min gone Canavan gets his first point from a free

Errigal 0-9 Ballinderry 0-9 59min gone 1min additional time

Errigal 0-9 Ballinderry 0-10 time nearly up

Errigal 0-10 Ballinderry 0-10 its a draw Thank god

ziggysego

Quote from: Norf Tyrone on November 19, 2006, 02:33:33 PM
Admit it Zig, you've friends in high places  ;)

I'll assume you meant that the powers that be saw that I was sick Norf ;)
Testing Accessibility

ziggysego

Errigal Ciaran -v Ballinderry replay next Sunday in Casement Park. Hopefully the Greencastle -v- Drumhowan will be part of a double header.
Testing Accessibility

hows she cutting

10 - 10 at Casement

Ballinderry should have had them dead and buried from what my mate told me
Canavan free to level it
Eoin Gormley very impressive with 4 points from play

Clontibret had a very impressive win over Cargin

ziggysego

Anyword on how Stewartstown did today?
Testing Accessibility

ziggysego

I've since heard that the Stewartstown game was a draw as well.
Testing Accessibility

DownFanatic

SUNDAY 19 NOVEMBER AIB                 
SFC QUARTER-FINAL REPLAY               
Cargin       0-10 3-08 Clontibret     

AIB SFC SEMI-FINAL                     
Errigal Ciaran 0-10 0-10 Ballinderry *   
* Replay next Sunday                   
IFC SEMI-FINALS                       
Coleraine    0-11 0-08 Belcoo         

Ballymacnab  0-11 0-11 Stewartstn     

JFC SEMI-FINALS                       
Naomh Brid   1-12 0-09 Bredagh         

Greencastle  postponed Drumhowan     

Over the Bar

Just back from Casement.  Didnt see the opener but came in at the final whistle and Stewartstown fans celebrated like they'd won and were talking about a get out of jail that Houdini would have been proud of.

Very strong wind in the Errigal v Ballinderry game and Errigal did not make the most of the breeze in the first half going in 5 -5.   Referee Seamus McGonigle gave some very dubious decisions all favouring Ballinderry.  On three occasions frees to Errigal were met with the Ballinderry players ruffing it up and on each occasion a throw ball resulted.  How Enda Muldoon stayed on the field is beyond me as he was the first man into every altercation.  Ballinderry had much the better of the first half and spurned a couple of goal chances.  The outfielded Errigal in every department, although Errigal should have undeservedly led at half-time given the number of wides they registered.   A Caolin Teirney point also looked suspiciously wide.

Second half Errigal came out of the blocks like men possessed however their complete dominance of the first 10 minutes only yeilded 1 point and kept them level.    Just like Errigal in the first half, Ballinderry did not use the wind to their advantage and registered a number of long range wides. 

When Ballinderry went 2 up with 10 mins to go its looked like the writing on the wall however a Canavan free and an eventual Eoin Gormly long-range point, following several spurned chances, levelled the game again.   A draw looked like the outcome but when Conleth Gilligan kicked a monster last-minute point from beyond the 45 mtr line it looked like the end for Errigal.   

The referee then on 2 occasions within a minute incensed the Errigal supporters by waving away what looked like legitimate frees within shooting distance.   Then at the death he gave a free from about 40 meters and the incessant protests of the Balinderry players meant he moved it forward twice to about 20 meters out.  PTG doesnt miss these and McGonigle  spared his own blushes following a poor refereeing performance by blowing up as soon as the ball went over the bar.  Severla incidents of striking by both sides resulted in yellows where a red looked the obvious outcome.  Overall a fair result and a great hard-fought game.  Should be a good replay!!

Mourne Rover

Bredagh eventually lost to St Bride's of Donegal by 2-12 to 0-9. It was a really terrible day at Breffni and St Bride's got two early goals when they had a very strong wind behind them. The first was a flick from a free which could not have been prevented but the second was caused by an unfortunate defensive slip. That left Bredagh chasing the game, with St Bride's, who were a fine side, hitting some super points on the break. Enda Gormley did not have a great day from frees, although he was unlucky not to get a goal before halftime. When the St Bride's keeper made a fanastic save from Conor Owens with ten minutes to go, the game was as good as over. It was all a great adventure for Bredagh, and, with the younger players coming through, back to back promotions and a rattle at the Down intermediate championship is certainly not impossible next year. Overall, they are probably the most improved side in the county and they are not finished yet.

Lecale2

Mac Eoghain is right. If this happened it was wrong. Nobody really minds if they disagree with the ref on interpretation, but if the ref doesn't know the rules, there is no excuse.

ONeill

Ach lads, wee Peter would never have scored from 40m agin the whine with his wee legs.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

ziggysego

Testing Accessibility