Ulster Club Championships

Started by hows she cutting, November 10, 2006, 02:57:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

slow corner back

Fair play to Coleraine for making their way unnoticed into the intermediate final. As someone who works in the area it is not difficult to see what they are up against in starting a club and keeping it going. They also won the intermediate hurling in Derry this year, going really well as an advancing club. Off the field they have started building a pitch despite the best efforts of Gregory Campbell MP, well done to all involved.

Hungry Exile

I think to BBC is a joke the way they rant about "the brawl" at Casement

In the Ireland V Australia rugby match there were as many handbags thrown by the players during the game & resulted in 3 players getting a 10 minute rest & it was never mentioned.  

In saying that "Tin town" was always famous for handbags!!

>:(

I went to the Errigal V Ballinderry game.  I thought Errigal looked the hungrier team with the Shamrock forwards working more of scraps for most of the game.  They only got it going for about 5/10 minutes in the second half, scoring 3 relatively quick points without reply.  They did the same against Mayobridge at the start of the second half & Mayobridge folded - Errigal didn't.  Harte at half back was my man of the match.  He kept pushing forward with the ball & delivered good ball into the danger zone.  Errigal deserved the draw, but I think the ref wanted the Ulster Council to get an extra gate as I thought dissent only merited 14 metres - it looked more like he gave Peter the Great 25 metres at least.  In saying that the ref handled it well considering the conditions.  The body language from both sets of players appeared to suggest they were more relieved at not having lost as opposed to not having won.  

It was a game that any neutral would have enjoyed & will stand both teams well whoever gets to the final.  Maybe Ballinderry read too many post match reports after the Mayobridge match!  

I'm lookin forward to the replay.
:-X

SlimShady

No complaints from Cargin on Sunday, beaten by a better team on the day. Clontibret adapted to the horrid conditions much better than we did and moved the ball well at times. The scoreline flatters them a little as we dominated for parts of the game but failed to score.

They're a young and fit team who could cause Cross problems though I personally reckon Cross will be a wee bit too cute for them.

Bensars

Quote from: Orior on November 20, 2006, 07:32:42 PM
Lucky you missed the BBC coverage. They gave pride and place to the punch up after the Stewartstown v Ballymcnab match.
Hardly suprising given that their head of sport  ( Sherlock Holmes sidekick !! ;) ) wanted to remove from the schedule   the televised  mac rory cup finals as well on St paddys day. To say theres obsession with promoting soccer and denegrading gaelic games, would be something of an understatement. They should introduce the sports bulletin with " Black is the clolour"

Hank Everlast

Jeepers there definetly making an awful fuss about that skirmish at the nab match?! I believe it started as one of the nab boys hit one of the stewartstown men a wee slap on the ass as he was leaving the pitch and wat resulted was handbags.... sure im near positive not one player has a mark on them!

Maximus Marillius

Certainly to cute for ye. Ur a bad case...saw u on Sunday ;D

SlimShady

good for you Max!! why didnt you wait about and introduce yourself?!

are you blaming me for the goals???

Maximus Marillius

I was that disappointed that you had lost, I couldnt face anyone ;) :D

SlimShady

travelled the whole cut to Clones on that dreary day to see us get beat? more fool you!!  ;D

bingobus

Quote from: SlimShady on November 21, 2006, 09:09:00 AM
No complaints from Cargin on Sunday, beaten by a better team on the day. Clontibret adapted to the horrid conditions much better than we did and moved the ball well at times. The scoreline flatters them a little as we dominated for parts of the game but failed to score.

They're a young and fit team who could cause Cross problems though I personally reckon Cross will be a wee bit too cute for them.

Would agree with that. They never missed in front of goal and got scores at the right times. Ye had a good ten minute spell at start of second half but couldn't get a score. They broke from their full back line and scored a goal as good as you'd see anywhere. Thing you got something on the shot but it made its way over the line. Game was over after that. They looked good and were actually missing 5 regulars. Don't think they'd have the strenght in depth to go any further.

SlimShady

yeah, but if they are injury free after that game they could cause a few problems- a young fit team as i said and they move the ball well even in those conditions!

I thought i could have had the 3rd one, just couldnt get enough on it and watched it trickle over. sick!!

hows she cutting

who d'yall fancy for the senior now, Cross sitting watching the remaining 3 last weekend

A Kernan will be a big loss for them though
think Errigal might just pip Ballinderry this weekend, but thats just my opinion

SlimShady

i fancy the shamrocks to win it and go all the way. Cross may give them most problems.

milltown row

Found it strange that you were beaten by so much, thought you would have won that game at least. Talking to some of the lads in the club on Sunday after your result and some were happy some never said anything but, what they did say is that they want to get back into the Championship next year, some names being banded about for our management team at the minute nothing solid though, but the lads are hungry. Should be a good championship next year. Is the current Cargin management staying?

SlimShady

I'd imagine the management will stay, why wouldnt they? Remember we're a team who were beaten by a shite Portglenone team last year and to win the County Championship this year was excellent coming from that.

no complaints about Sunday, as i said-they deserved to win though the scoreline flattered them.

Not really bothered about whether or not St Galls were glad to hear about us losing either.

AK has a broken wrist as far as I know and I also heard Francie is carrying a knock. And your right about them being the team to beat, any team with a history like Cross have in that Chamionship have to be seen as the main threat. I still fancy Ballinderry.